2,698 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2020 at 9:29 PM, Npime said:

Today I received a text message about a USPS package coming in Saturday and then I got an update:
I-765 Card was mailed to me 9/23 :)

How does one usually confirms the tracking number for this? Just want to make sure this is not another package 

I see some of the April applicants are getting interviews for AOS for early October, specially the ones with bio-metrics around the first half of August! hopefully we can get more AOS interviews scheduled!

Combo card came in the mail today :) waiting game now for the AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is anyone else struggling to get an SSN? My husband called the SSA office again and they told him that he would need to get a job offer first then they will work with him to get an SSN. But he’s had 2 interviews so far and both didn’t work our because they weren’t comfortable with him not having an SSN. The SSA offices in California have been closed since March. I’m not sure what to do at this point.

He checked that he wanted an SSN automatically assigned when he applied for the EAD, but he never got one. On top of that I need him to get an SSN so I can add him to benefits at work. It’s all getting very frustrating. There’s no reason the SSA offices can’t open if other government offices have been able to. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, ZZBOLIVIA said:

My case was received since April 29 and haven't got anything updated yet. I just check with USCIS they suggested me call back after 90 days the office reopened which will be end of Oct...... :( Does anyone have the same situation as me? 

Same here. Receipt date 04/14 and nothing since. Keep being told to contact back after 90 days, which for me is in 2 weeks, as my ASC (Seattle) reopened July 13th. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, miri_sp said:

I receipted date is April 13 and the status for all my cases is still “case was received”. I called USCIS multiple times about my biometric appointment and they keep telling me the same thing they told you. 

Same here. Receipt date is 04/14 and no biometrics yet. I’m in Seattle which I guess is one of the worst ASCs, but it reopened July 13th so it’s only 2 weeks until the 90 day mark. 

Called last week and the lady was nice. She basically said that the reason there’s a difference in timelines is because each agent at the ASC basically has their own caseload, so it’s pretty much however fast they get through it. So I guess some agents work quickly and the cases they have move fast, while others are slow (definitely got a slow one!) don’t move as fast. She said that in 2 weeks when it hits 90 days if we still don’t have an appointment, to call back and they basically put pressure on the ASC to schedule us. So we just continue waiting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, RCable said:

Is anyone else struggling to get an SSN? My husband called the SSA office again and they told him that he would need to get a job offer first then they will work with him to get an SSN. But he’s had 2 interviews so far and both didn’t work our because they weren’t comfortable with him not having an SSN. The SSA offices in California have been closed since March. I’m not sure what to do at this point.

He checked that he wanted an SSN automatically assigned when he applied for the EAD, but he never got one. On top of that I need him to get an SSN so I can add him to benefits at work. It’s all getting very frustrating. There’s no reason the SSA offices can’t open if other government offices have been able to. 

Is there an option to mail your documents into them and have a card sent thereafter?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Anthony446 said:

Is there an option to mail your documents into them and have a card sent thereafter?

Or, to get the Congressperson involved. As it’s their job to work with different government agencies to advocate for their constituents. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, RCable said:

I was going through the same issue. EAD came last month and since then I haven't received a SSN card.

I called innumerous times to different SSA offices within my borough and all of them told me that I needed to get a job offer first. 

Once I decided to call to the SSA offices in other boroughs. One of them scheduled an appointment so I could apply for a SSN card in person. 

It's been a week now and I still haven't received the card. They told me within 2 weeks I'd receive it. I shall receive this week. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have been so annoyed and tired of this long and ridiculous process. But today I received an update and I was wondering if I will have to wait for another long period before I can start sending out job applications. 

Can anyone tell me how long after their case status changes to new card is being produced, you have received the card in the mail?  I know I have seen someone mentioned it but I just can’t find that post. 

Thank you so much!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, JMGN said:

Hello everyone,

I have been so annoyed and tired of this long and ridiculous process. But today I received an update and I was wondering if I will have to wait for another long period before I can start sending out job applications. 

Can anyone tell me how long after their case status changes to new card is being produced, you have received the card in the mail?  I know I have seen someone mentioned it but I just can’t find that post. 

Thank you so much!

I received it 3 days later and my ssn came in the mail today. Once it says that it went pretty fast for me. You should definitely go ahead and apply for jobs now ☺️

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Linnn said:

I received it 3 days later and my ssn came in the mail today. Once it says that it went pretty fast for me. You should definitely go ahead and apply for jobs now ☺️

Thank you! I really hope mine goes as fast as yours. It has been a rough waiting time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, JMGN said:

Thank you! I really hope mine goes as fast as yours. It has been a rough waiting time.

I know :( I was going to go crazy if I didn't receive it lol. I really hope it goes as fast for you too! 🤞🏼 Are you getting the combo card or only the EAD?

17 minutes ago, JMGN said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much!

It should take less than 7 days, get a USPS account so you get all the updates for the mail delivery. Mine was "delivered" on friday but nothing showed up so you can imagine my weekend was fun until I got on the phone with the local agency to tell me they mail man still had it with him... also I thought based on the Aug - 2020 lawsuit anyone who gets EAD approved should get it before 8 days plus you can use the notice as the work permit now. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Linnn said:

I know :( I was going to go crazy if I didn't receive it lol. I really hope it goes as fast for you too! 🤞🏼 Are you getting the combo card or only the EAD?

I’m not sure what I will be getting. I have applied for it as well but only the l-765 and l-485 cases were updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.