clarrou

I-134 for B2 visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey guys, my mother in law in getting ready for her visitor visa appointment, in september, we send her the invite letter to give to thet officer together with her paper that show her close tie to her home country. but I was wondering since I said that I will be responsible for her expenses aboard, do you think I should send her my bank statement and a I-134. form? and do you know if i need co-sponsor, or how much I need to be making.]

thank you very much any answer or suggestion will be appreciate.

Sorry for the spelling I am running and nevous.

clarrou

Edited by clarrou

Clarens, P-a-P Haiti - Geraldine, Albany NY

09/13/04 : ------------------- I-129F sent to VSC @ 3:49 PM

09/15/04 : ------------------- Reveiced at VSC @ 2:00 PM

09/22/04 : ------------------- NOA1

09/29/04 : ------------------- NOA2 on line

10/04/04 : ------------------- NOA2 in mail

10/09/04 : ------------------- Received mail from NVC with case#

11/08/04 : -------------------- Received packet 3 from consulate

11/15/04 : -------------------- Packet 3 sent back to Consulat

12/22/04 : -------------------- Interview Consulat, Visa in hands same day

12/23/04 : -------------------- Arrived in USA, JFK, EAD stamp issue

01/07/05 : -------------------- App. for SS card

01/14/05 : -------------------- SSC Arrived in the mail

01/26/05 : -------------------- first job

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey guys,

I posted the same topic already, sorry if you find it twice.

my mother in law in getting ready for her visitor visa appointment, in september, we send her the invite letter to give to thet officer together with her paper that show her close tie to her home country. but I was wondering since I said that I will be responsible for her expenses aboard, do you think I should send her my bank statement and a I-134. form? and do you know if i need co-sponsor, or how much I need to be making.]

clarrou

Clarens, P-a-P Haiti - Geraldine, Albany NY

09/13/04 : ------------------- I-129F sent to VSC @ 3:49 PM

09/15/04 : ------------------- Reveiced at VSC @ 2:00 PM

09/22/04 : ------------------- NOA1

09/29/04 : ------------------- NOA2 on line

10/04/04 : ------------------- NOA2 in mail

10/09/04 : ------------------- Received mail from NVC with case#

11/08/04 : -------------------- Received packet 3 from consulate

11/15/04 : -------------------- Packet 3 sent back to Consulat

12/22/04 : -------------------- Interview Consulat, Visa in hands same day

12/23/04 : -------------------- Arrived in USA, JFK, EAD stamp issue

01/07/05 : -------------------- App. for SS card

01/14/05 : -------------------- SSC Arrived in the mail

01/26/05 : -------------------- first job

With a B2 the applicant is supposed to rely on his own means and finances.

DITTO

A invitation letter isn't even necessary. They are on their own!

They can even get busted if a large anount of money shows up in their bank accounts out of nowhere supporting their finances!

Dah ! Where'd it come from?

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Some Consulates have no problems with I 134, some expect it, others do not.

No idea about Haiti.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

clarrou,

If you are offering to finance you mother-in-laws visit to the USA then I think it would be a good idea for you to include documentation demonstrating that you can afford to finance the visit. Otherwise, your offer is rather meaningless, isn't it.

You should send information that is relevant to your financial situation.

Yodrak

Hey guys, my mother in law in getting ready for her visitor visa appointment, in september, we send her the invite letter to give to thet officer together with her paper that show her close tie to her home country. but I was wondering since I said that I will be responsible for her expenses aboard, do you think I should send her my bank statement and a I-134. form? and do you know if i need co-sponsor, or how much I need to be making.]

clarrou

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Omoba,

Not true. Ability to finance a proposed visit is the one B2 visa requirement that can be met by someone other than the visa applicant.

Yodrak

Yodrak

My fiance received a paper from the consulate stating that he must be self sufficient and on

his own merits to qualify for a B2 ( not my fiance at the time ).

I had written a letter for him to take that I would provide accommodation and any

expense that will occur during his visit.

He was denied the B2 due to lack of "his own merits" allthough he had plenty of "own merits"

and ties as proof. Even a I134 with documented proof would not have helped at that point.

It is because of this experience that I posted.

It may be embassy specific and definitely 3. world specific in my opinion and it may

very well work in any other country than Africa.

Thoughts ?

Filed: Timeline

Omoba,

I think that it is not correct that a non-immigrant visa applicant must be financially self-sufficient and cannot be sponsored, although there is a lot of subjectivity involved. If all you provided in the way of offering financial sponsorship was a letter stating the offer then you made it quite easy for the consulate to dismiss your offer as inadequate to overcome the public charge requirements, thus putting the burden back onto the visa applicant.

If you're really interested I think you should discuss the facts of that case with a US immigration attorney who has experience dealing with the consulate in question, although it's water long under the bridge at this point and it can be very difficult and expensive to fight city hall on an issue that is so subjective.

Yodrak

Omoba,

Not true. Ability to finance a proposed visit is the one B2 visa requirement that can be met by someone other than the visa applicant.

Yodrak

Yodrak

My fiance received a paper from the consulate stating that he must be self sufficient and on

his own merits to qualify for a B2 ( not my fiance at the time ).

I had written a letter for him to take that I would provide accommodation and any

expense that will occur during his visit.

He was denied the B2 due to lack of "his own merits" allthough he had plenty of "own merits"

and ties as proof. Even a I134 with documented proof would not have helped at that point.

It is because of this experience that I posted.

It may be embassy specific and definitely 3. world specific in my opinion and it may

very well work in any other country than Africa.

Thoughts ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.