1,791 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Yupibotan said:

What's that and how it's relevant? Not sure I understand this comment 

FOIA request is basically a request to get your records from places like schools, federal agencies. Basically places that have your records, you can request to see how much info they have on you. For my FOIA request I made 2 years ago, it went through a National Records Center like in picture. And I’m wondering if that’s the reason, because of these requests that the A-File is stuck there. Because theire A-File is locked in a national records center

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Interesting article. Of course San Diego is one of the worst cities to naturalize. Ugh. 

I am seriously considering filing a mandamus lawsuit once I reach the 2 year mark in April. It forces them to take some kind of action. If they want to deny then so be it, but I am tired of waiting and getting to the point where I just want this to be over. They cannot leave us in limbo forever. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, Cloggie said:

I think these two graphs from the link I posted above clarify our situation pretty good:

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.50.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.47.20 AM.png

Not sure where they got their data but I’m well beyond the max wait time. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Malik85 said:

Hi all,

I'm a fellow March filer stuck in this limbo. Recently, I found this letter from a US Congressman which suggests about 300,000+. files may be stuck in this backlog.

https://budd.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1310

I have forwarded this link to my rep in the hopes that he supports this and will also send a letter to put some pressure on this agency. Its unbelievable that they only work at 25% capacity when the rest of the country has returned to work. I really like the initiative that this rep from North Carolina took. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Malik85 said:

Hi all,

I'm a fellow March filer stuck in this limbo. Recently, I found this letter from a US Congressman which suggests about 300,000+. files may be stuck in this backlog.

Finally someone took an action and escalated to the white house. All this BS responses from useless senators won't take us anywhere. 

However, with the new omicron we may be stuck for years) 

Edited by Yupibotan

Timeline

The below was posted in the May 2000 thread and in the  "Federal Records Center" thread.  I just sent an email to Susan, we should all contact her. Anything she can do to get things moving would be fantastic. 

-----------

The law firm Mintz Levin is interested in talking with constituents about their naturalization applications that are not moving forward because the files are sitting at the Federal Records Center. If this is of interest to you, please reach out to Susan Cohen at SJCohen@mintz.com and title the subject line "Federal Record Center" in your email. 

Please know that this outreach will be at no cost to you and they will not provide legal advice. They are exploring how large an issue this is nationally so that they can address the situation head-on. 

------------

Timeline
43 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

The below was posted in the May 2000 thread and in the  "Federal Records Center" thread.  I just sent an email to Susan, we should all contact her. Anything she can do to get things moving would be fantastic. 

-----------

The law firm Mintz Levin is interested in talking with constituents about their naturalization applications that are not moving forward because the files are sitting at the Federal Records Center. If this is of interest to you, please reach out to Susan Cohen at SJCohen@mintz.com and title the subject line "Federal Record Center" in your email. 

Please know that this outreach will be at no cost to you and they will not provide legal advice. They are exploring how large an issue this is nationally so that they can address the situation head-on. 

------------

Could you post the link to this thread and original message? 

12 hours ago, Malik85 said:

Hi all,

I have also sent this to my State Rep to see if they can send similar letter to White House. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.