1,791 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, orangeal said:

Let's get this right. All we need to do is talk to a level 2 officer and........ problem solved??? Huh??? Come on. 

This is what happened with me, for 560 days I called these fools weekly, no avail until that last time I demanded to speak to the level two officer , I told him what happened and how it's been so long and how basically they are playing with our lives, for the first time ever ever someone took time to look and let me know my file is with the national benefit center and they never seen my file, he told me that he will be contacting them so I should see some resolution within 10 -30 days and although i didn't trust him, it happened. I had exhausted every given point of contact  at that point. My congressman , senator, white house led to no resolution . 

I was absolutely shocked that I got contacted by phone then email for my interview in such short notice. After all this wait though what am I to loose.

Best of luck to you. This is my story and I hope your case results to conclusion soon

OK, so I can expect perhaps zero results from the contact I have made with my Representative In California? What number do I call to get in touch with a tier two official? Can anybody let me know?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cloggie said:

OK, so I can expect perhaps zero results from the contact I have made with my Representative In California? What number do I call to get in touch with a tier two official? Can anybody let me know?

There's only one way to contact USCIS by phone, you can't call certain people (unless it's a specific IO at your local field office who gave you their number personally) or service centers, only the regular customer service. The people answering the phone are your standard Tier 1 and they know nothing, they're not immigration officers and don't have the right to see anything regarding your case other than the status you can check yourself on their website. 

If a Tier 1 feels that you have the right to talk to a Tier 2, they will either connect you to one, or put in a service request where you will be contacted by one (this is the common way these days as Tier 2 are so busy, you generally don't get to talk to a Tier 2 right away, you have to wait for them to call you back, usually a few days wait). 

So in short: you call the regular customer service and ask to talk to a Tier 2. If the Tier 1 you get to talk to refuse to escalate your case, you just need to keep calling until you get someone who is willing to help.

Most Tier 1s don't want to help you and just want you off the phone, but eventually you will end up with one who will help by getting a Tier 2 to call you back.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

10 hours ago, Cloggie said:

keep calling and continuously state that you want to talk to tier two officer, say that your case is preventing you from getting a job that you want or perhaps preventing you from traveling to where you want to go or maybe causing you anxiety or other issues. If you keep saying this enough times and ask for a level two officer than they really don't have a choice but to either make an appointment for you to talk to one or just pass you to one. once you get to talk to that level to officer and he assures you that your file is stuck or whatever else you should ask if they could contact whatever entity that they need to on your behalf. 

Every state is different, every case is different so there's no telling what the issue is, in my case it was that my file was stuck apparently.

I know that this is hard for you because it really kept me awake at times, and also it's just frustrating. Don't give up hope because this will get resolved soon

Edited by Linamona

4 minutes ago, Linamona said:

keep calling and continuously state that you want to talk to tier two officer, say that your case is preventing you from getting a job that you want or perhaps preventing you from traveling to where you want to go or maybe causing you anxiety or other issues. If you keep saying this enough times and ask for a level two officer than they really don't have a choice but to either make an appointment for you to talk to one or just pass you to one. once you get to talk to that level to officer and he assures you that your file is stuck or whatever else you should ask if they could contact whatever entity that they need to on your behalf. 

Every state is different, every case is different so there's no telling what the issue is, in my case it was that my file was stuck apparently.

I know that this is hard for you because it really kept me awake at times, and also it's just frustrating. Don't give up hope because this will get resolved soon

Do you realize how pathetic this is? I would rather not engage because somebody is gonna get a piece of my mind. The idea that the United States government needs to be probed with a plumbing tool to do what it's supposed to do, does not appeal to me. This reminds me of certain places where one has to pay bribes for government workers to put a stupid stamp on your document. What has happened to America?

1 hour ago, orangeal said:

Do you realize how pathetic this is? I would rather not engage because somebody is gonna get a piece of my mind. The idea that the United States government needs to be probed with a plumbing tool to do what it's supposed to do, does not appeal to me. This reminds me of certain places where one has to pay bribes for government workers to put a stupid stamp on your document. What has happened to America?

i'm with you. In my case they nearly caused me to loose my job. My job was contingent in the citizenship.  I worked to hard to get to where I was and due to their sheer neglect I  nearly lost everything. I was lucky they kept me until now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

OK, so what telephone number do I call?

You call the regular USCIS contact number: 1-800-375-5283.

I recently called them and asked to talk to a tier 2 officer. They opened a service request and about 3 weeks later I got a call. The tier 2 officer wasn't of any help t hough. He told me that he would forward my case to the local office and they would contact me. It took  about another 2 weeks and late last Friday I received an email response with the usual, due to covid we  are experiencing delays. You are in line to be reviewed. bla bla bla. No  word about my file being stuck at the National Records Center, which is what my congressman was told. Who knows. At this point I give up calling them. I also had a consultation with an immigration lawyer last week. He advised me to wait until I hit the 2 year mark and then file a mandamus, which I think I will do in April if I haven't heard anything by then. Crazy that this is what we have to go through.

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
16 hours ago, Cloggie said:

I am not sure that is entirely true - there are folks in this forum who have had their cases moved due to the push that came from their respective representatives/ Senators - really boils down to how much pull they probably have.

Hi Roddie,

I just got off the phone with what I presume to be a Tier 1 Officer. I was given a Service Item Number (Will be followed up with a phone call?) and a Service Request Number  (Will be followed up with an email?)

Does this seem to be a standard course of action?

Good luck to all of us...

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

Hi Roddie,

I just got off the phone with what I presume to be a Tier 1 Officer. I was given a Service Item Number (Will be followed up with a phone call?) and a Service Request Number  (Will be followed up with an email?)

Does this seem to be a standard course of action?

Good luck to all of us...

Seems to be pretty standard -you spoke to a tier 1 officer and they decided route you to the Service Request course - which means within the next few weeks you will receive a response -whether it is a standard response or not  is really up to whoever is reviewing your case. Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.