1,791 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, orangeal said:

What they need is the original A file. It only affects those of us with older cases in the immigration system and whose files had already been warehoused. People with newer A files are being processed because their files were still with USCIS. As explained to me by the agency.

I can verify this too.  I filed in 2021 and my A-file is stuck at the Records center as well.  I have an "old case", came here in 2007.  And even an older case from 2000 when I had a non-immigrant visa.

And if you look through all the threads, there are people (no matter what year they filed, 2019, 2020 or 2021) whose cases are stuck because of the stored A-files.  That is the problem with having individual threads for each month, you lose a lot of crucial information in between and don't see the whole picture.

3 hours ago, AH2020 said:

I would like to know which files exactly are stuck at the records center. Is it our applications from April 2020 or is it our previous A-files? The previous A-files doesn't make any sense because then it wouldn't just be ours and cases from 2021 are being processed without issues. I have a feeling it is what we submitted when we filed our N400. In that case I want to know if I can submit a new application and start the process fresh.  I don't think our files will be available from the records center any time soon so if re-filing is an option I would be willing to do that. 

I still don't believe in what they tell us. My family came to US in 2011 in 2012 we became lawful permanent residents. My step son filed N 400 in the end of 2020 and he got his citizenship. And we all had the same case. There is something more to it.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

I can verify this too.  I filed in 2021 and my A-file is stuck at the Records center as well.  I have an "old case", came here in 2007.  And even an older case from 2000 when I had a non-immigrant visa.

And if you look through all the threads, there are people (no matter what year they filed, 2019, 2020 or 2021) whose cases are stuck because of the stored A-files.  That is the problem with having individual threads for each month, you lose a lot of crucial information in between and don't see the whole picture.

Not sure if I understand. 

In my case, I moved to the US in 2013.GC in 2014. First time visited in 2010 for business. 

Applied for citizenship in April 2020. 

Am I an "old case"?

P. S. 

I had tourist US visa back in 2005. 

Edited by Yupibotan

Timeline
8 minutes ago, TatianaZ said:

I still don't believe in what they tell us. My family came to US in 2011 in 2012 we became lawful permanent residents. My step son filed N 400 in the end of 2020 and he got his citizenship. And we all had the same case. There is something more to it.

Yes, and that something else could be related to what someone here posted: sometimes the Officer, or whoever is reviewing the case, will make a decision without the need of the A-file.  Some officers will want to review the whole history (before or after the interview, does not matter apparently).  And some officers elect not to review it, and the cases move along their normal paces.

Roddie's comments make the most sense to me.

Also note that the FRC are accepting Emergency Record requests.

Each Federal agency such as the USCIS has a designated Records Officer who can make the decision on whether the request (from a Field Office) concerning record requests is to treated as an emergency or BAU. 

FYI the contact to USCIS Records officer is : 

Andrew B. Smith (Acting)
Department of Homeland Security
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Identity &Information Management Division
1200 First Street NE, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20529
andrew.b.smith@uscis.dhs.gov
202-587-9702

Contacting this person (through attorney) maybe worth a shot! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Yupibotan said:

Not sure if I understand. 

In my case, I moved to the US in 2013.GC in 2014. First time visited in 2010 for business. 

Applied for citizenship in April 2020. 

Am I an "old case"?

Could be considered "old", not sure how many years they go back and which files are transferred to the records center. 

Someone posted here one time that they look at the "whole history", meaning non-immigration visits as well.  I know that first hand because I asked my officer after the interview why she needed to look at my A-file and she told me it was related to an old J1 visa that I had once (21 years ago!).  So, they do look at everything and some officers are more scrutinizing than others.

Hi Guys,

This is what our attorney said:

"Due to the Pandemic, USCIS has limit the number of applicants to go into their offices of interview (particularly California where there was high infections rate).  For this reason, your case in normal!  There is no process for expedited processing for naturalization." 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ivy.M said:

Hi guys! I applied n400 in February 2020. Still waiting for interview.....!!!! My local office is in Houston, anyone same situation as me?  

@Ivy.M that is ridiculous..did you try contacting your congressman or Senator to find out what is going on with your case ? They should be able to quickly determine what's causing the delay. 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
21 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Roddie's comments make the most sense to me.

Also note that the FRC are accepting Emergency Record requests.

Each Federal agency such as the USCIS has a designated Records Officer who can make the decision on whether the request (from a Field Office) concerning record requests is to treated as an emergency or BAU. 

FYI the contact to USCIS Records officer is : 

Andrew B. Smith (Acting)
Department of Homeland Security
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Identity &Information Management Division
1200 First Street NE, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20529
andrew.b.smith@uscis.dhs.gov
202-587-9702

Contacting this person (through attorney) maybe worth a shot! 

@Cloggie  Do you want to take a stab and calling / emailing this officer to find out what is going on ?  I would have except I am still within my Field office processing time for another 2 months.

12 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

@Ivy.M that is ridiculous..did you try contacting your congressman or Senator to find out what is going on with your case ? They should be able to quickly determine what's causing the delay. 

I only submitted outside of normal process time so far. It's crazy and tired for this long wait time. I think I will contact congressman for help.Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.