1,791 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Linamona said:

really, because the officer I spoke to said no cases of April 2020 in Florida moved. 

I am from Florida and I’m stuck( but on the other hand there are so many people from Florida who filed after the offices opened and they are already citizens. Not fair for all of us April 2020 filers   

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I have a consultation on Friday with an immigration attorney just to see what they recommend on what I should do. Although I don't really think there is anything we can do at this point, but I am just so tired of sitting around waiting.  

I had contact with my attorney a few months ago and he said to just wait...curious to hear what your attorney comes up with.

On 11/2/2021 at 11:57 PM, AH2020 said:

I have a consultation on Friday with an immigration attorney just to see what they recommend on what I should do. Although I don't really think there is anything we can do at this point, but I am just so tired of sitting around waiting.  

My attorney said will have to wait until a day pass your 2 year mark to sue the USCIS. Mind me it costs 5,000 dollars to do that. He said "crazy  as it is you have exhausted all the possible options and at this point that is the only option left": 

How absolutely insane. This is beyond frustrating and it's sheer failure of duty in the governments part Especially that they are clearly aware of a backlog and are doing nothing to remedy that. 

Some of us are at the point of losing our jobs because of this nonsense, meanwhile the government and all of the echelons are sending nonsense group messages off sorry for the delay BS.

Well, if that is true, then we're screwed. How long will that process take?

Have any March, April and May filers, whose files were at the NBC or NARA successfully retrieved their files from there and expedited their cases?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Linamona said:

My attorney said will have to wait until a day pass your 2 year mark to sue the USCIS. Mind me it costs 5,000 dollars to do that. He said "crazy  as it is you have exhausted all the possible options and at this point that is the only option left": 

How absolutely insane. This is beyond frustrating and it's sheer failure of duty in the governments part Especially that they are clearly aware of a backlog and are doing nothing to remedy that. 

Some of us are at the point of losing our jobs because of this nonsense, meanwhile the government and all of the echelons are sending nonsense group messages off sorry for the delay BS.

I would like to know which files exactly are stuck at the records center. Is it our applications from April 2020 or is it our previous A-files? The previous A-files doesn't make any sense because then it wouldn't just be ours and cases from 2021 are being processed without issues. I have a feeling it is what we submitted when we filed our N400. In that case I want to know if I can submit a new application and start the process fresh.  I don't think our files will be available from the records center any time soon so if re-filing is an option I would be willing to do that. 

Edited by AH2020

6 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

I would like to know which files exactly are stuck at the records center. Is it our applications from April 2020 or is it our previous A-files? The previous A-files doesn't make any sense because then it wouldn't just be ours and cases from 2021 are being processed without issues. I have a feeling it is what we submitted when we filed our N400. In that case I want to know if I can submit a new application and start the process fresh.  I don't think our files will be available from the records center any time soon so if re-filing is an option I would be willing to do that. 

What they need is the original A file. It only affects those of us with older cases in the immigration system and whose files had already been warehoused. People with newer A files are being processed because their files were still with USCIS. As explained to me by the agency.

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
13 minutes ago, orangeal said:

What they need is the original A file. It only affects those of us with older cases in the immigration system and whose files had already been warehoused. People with newer A files are being processed because their files were still with USCIS. As explained to me by the agency.

Don't know how true that is- Spouse and I are (relatively) recent immigrants - we arrived in 2015 and our records are stuck in the FRC as well.

Either ways , this is a service for which hefty fees was taken .They are accountable.

Edited by roddie2k

Timeline

Also note that the FRC are accepting Emergency Record requests.

Each Federal agency such as the USCIS has a designated Records Officer who can make the decision on whether the request (from a Field Office) concerning record requests is to treated as an emergency or BAU. 

FYI the contact to USCIS Records officer is : 

Andrew B. Smith (Acting)
Department of Homeland Security
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Identity &Information Management Division
1200 First Street NE, 2nd Floor
Washington, DC 20529
andrew.b.smith@uscis.dhs.gov
202-587-9702

Contacting this person (through attorney) maybe worth a shot! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, orangeal said:

I don't know if I buy that explanation. It doesn't make any sense to me. It would mean that everyone filing in 2021 has a newer A-file. That seems unlikely. Plus, in the email response my congressman got from USCIS, they said that they have requested the "April 2020" file from the Records center, which makes me think its the April 2020 filers. But who knows. 

13 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

I don't know if I buy that explanation. It doesn't make any sense to me. It would mean that everyone filing in 2021 has a newer A-file. That seems unlikely. Plus, in the email response my congressman got from USCIS, they said that they have requested the "April 2020" file from the Records center, which makes me think its the April 2020 filers. But who knows. 

Not everyone who filed in 202i is getting processed. I know this personally from my own family. The recent arrivals have already become citizens. Even one who filed in July this year! Two of us are stuck. And we happen to have the longest history. I'm not making excuses for the agency, just explaining the process as it was explained to me.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, orangeal said:

Not everyone who filed in 202i is getting processed. I know this personally from my own family. The recent arrivals have already become citizens. Even one who filed in July this year! Two of us are stuck. And we happen to have the longest history. I'm not making excuses for the agency, just explaining the process as it was explained to me.

True - we have no choice but to hear whatever baloney stories they cook up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.