1,791 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
2 hours ago, AH2020 said:

Quick question: What is an infopass appointment exactly? 

InfoPass appointments allow you to have a person to person conversation with an officer on your case. You can schedule it by calling the USCIS contact number.

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

For what it's worth sharing a blurb from a poster on reddit (link below as well) 

I considered that and talked to a few attorneys and came to the conclusion that writ would lead to nowhere. So, I contacted the Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. They sent me a letter saying that they were forwarding my case to my state's USCIS office. That was the end of that. Then after nearly 2 months past my estimated completion date, someone in our uscis FB group (where most of the people who had filed long after me had their oath ceremony and everything) suggested I reach out to my state's congressman. Now, less than 2 weeks later, I finally got my interview scheduled for next month.

I have not called the phone number of the USCIS yet. Is this of any benefit or will I end up waiting for an agent until I will be disconnected?

Any tips on this?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Cloggie said:

I have not called the phone number of the USCIS yet. Is this of any benefit or will I end up waiting for an agent until I will be disconnected?

Any tips on this?

Well, they will eventually answer after around 40-50 minutes wait time. In my case calling uscis didn't help at all. They don't have any specific details and have no authority to move things whatsoever. 

One tip to get to a live person - when the robot asks for your case number just say "I lost it". Otherwise you'll be going in cycles and talking to their robot. 

Thanks. I will try calling the USCIS if there is no progress with the efforts of my Representative. Does anybody that filed in April/May 2020 have better experiences?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Quick update from me:

I received a reply from the Office of the Ombudsman that they have contacted USCIS on my behalf and will get back to me once they hear back. We will see. 

Today I also received a call from a tier 2 officer but that was not very helpful. He did tell me that my case is still with the National Benefits Center and has not made it yet to the San Diego Field office. Unbelievable! I asked if he was aware of the issue with files being stuck at the National Records Center and he said he was not. He said he will escalate my case since I am way beyond normal processing time. I am afraid that all I will hear back eventually is the same thing, that the file  is being stuck at the National Records Center. 

Hopefully the ombudsman can get something accomplished. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AH2020 said:

Quick update from me:

I received a reply from the Office of the Ombudsman that they have contacted USCIS on my behalf and will get back to me once they hear back. We will see. 

Today I also received a call from a tier 2 officer but that was not very helpful. He did tell me that my case is still with the National Benefits Center and has not made it yet to the San Diego Field office. Unbelievable! I asked if he was aware of the issue with files being stuck at the National Records Center and he said he was not. He said he will escalate my case since I am way beyond normal processing time. I am afraid that all I will hear back eventually is the same thing, that the file  is being stuck at the National Records Center. 

Same here. Yesterday got an email from ombudsman office that they contacted uscis regarding my application. I'm afraid that it won't help much so keep my hopes low. 

49 minutes ago, Yupibotan said:

Same here. Yesterday got an email from ombudsman office that they contacted uscis regarding my application. I'm afraid that it won't help much so keep my hopes low. 

It’s so funny how you I and I saw some more people here from April filers that had their bio reuse send on the same day of 20th of January. There is something more to it all. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TatianaZ said:

It’s so funny how you I and I saw some more people here from April filers that had their bio reuse send on the same day of 20th of January. There is something more to it all. 

I won't be surprised if we got this reuse by mistake and need an acctual biometrics done ... 

7 hours ago, AH2020 said:

Quick update from me:

I am sorry about that but this answer you got from Tier 2 agent is just bulls***. How he does not know. This is why I hate about this process. Whoever we talked they act like they heard the issue as first time. They know what is going on but they are not taking any action. I am really sick of this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.