1,791 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Googleguy said:

Guys, most of the April filers are in the same boat. I filed on April 2020 my wife filed on August 2020, she got her citizenship. This is insane. Our cases stuck in somewhere and USCIS doesn’t do anything. I believe we will fight for years.

Yeah it was the same for me, filed during that time of 2020 where cases were forgotten (May in my case). Had several July and August 2020 filers get interviews and I hadn't even heard about biometrics. So I sent USCIS a message via my online account asking who to contact to get my case moving - my congress person or the Ombudsman. Just a couple of weeks later they got back with me and had scheduled my bio appointment. Only a couple of days after my bio appointment my interview was scheduled. I firmly believe that message about congress person and Ombudsman really helped. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

12 minutes ago, Googleguy said:

Our cases stuck in NRC and no one has access to pull our cases at this moment. I do not know how are they going to fix this issue but it’s the truth. What are your theories for this situation? My theory is very valid because some of the applicant filed our of processing time and their cases are still waiting with no response. 

"Access to pull our cases?". What's that mean? And what's your source?  Personally l have no clue what's happening. My congressman's office has been trying to find answers for six weeks without success. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 9/25/2021 at 9:11 PM, mnt96 said:

@sfo-userwhy do you have to about if you are German?

Because I need a special permit from Germany that expires after 22-24 months (it's for 24 months but took about 2 months to receive after it's issued). Given that I only have 3 months left and am now told it takes circa 3 months between interview and oath, I now know that I won't make it in time. Most likely, I'll have to start over (although I'm considering leaving the US at this point). My lawyer said that she has seen people that applied over six months after me and already took their oath. They clearly don't process the applications in order. 

Edited by sfo-user

1 hour ago, sfo-user said:

Because I need a special permit from Germany that expires after 22-24 months (it's for 24 months but took about 2 months to receive after it's issued). Given that I only have 3 months left and am now told it takes circa 3 months between interview and oath, I now know that I won't make it in time. Most likely, I'll have to start over (although I'm considering leaving the US at this point). My lawyer said that she has seen people that applied over six months after me and already took their oath. They clearly don't process the applications in order. 

Been reading this, the May2020, and a few other threads and agree that there's an issue with those who filed between April and May 2020. Really hoping it gets resolved!l 🙏.

I'm also assuming your field office is San Francisco.  In that case they do same day oath ceremony.

Try calling/writing them everyday.  Also try write to your congressman/ombudsman.  Goodluck!🤞

Edited by mnt96

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, mnt96 said:

Been reading this, the May2020, and a few other threads and agree that there's an issue with those who filed between April and May 2020. Really hoping it gets resolved!l 🙏.

I'm also assuming your field office is San Francisco.  In that case they do same day oath ceremony.

Try calling/writing them everyday.  Also try write to your congressman/ombudsman.  Goodluck!🤞

The ombudsman and Congress person aren't willing to look into it until I'm outside of the increasing processing time window, which keeps increasing. When I called l only got very general information that's not specific to my case or office. Basically, they aren't wiling to look into my case until late October / early November. 

On 9/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, orangeal said:

I hear you Googleguy but what is your theory of the case? What do you think is happening to the April 2020 filers? Even congress people cannot get answers! I tried the ombudsman and she shriveled away. 

Im on the same boat here. Filled April 11, 2020 and still waiting. Florida is horrible. Nobody answers. 

Hi Guys,

I filed online on April 19 of 2020. Had biometrics done in February 2021. Since then: NOTHING. I left a message via the USCIS portal: NO REPLY.

San Fernando Valley service center...anybody else in this situation?

10 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Hi Guys,

I filed online on April 19 of 2020. Had biometrics done in February 2021. Since then: NOTHING. I left a message via the USCIS portal: NO REPLY.

San Fernando Valley service center...anybody else in this situation?

Hello, 

Me too april 22 of 2020. biometrics by feb 2021 and that's it, nothing after else.

Very strange situation. I wonder if any applicants during that timeframe were processed. What to do next? Just wait or contact again?

Timeline

Well, I'm officially outside of normal processing time (DC field office). 

Sent a request to ombudsman today and reported Outside normal processing times on uscis website. 

Feel completely hopeless. 

Employment based GC, no trips outside of the US, full time employment. What could go wrong... 

6 hours ago, Yupibotan said:

Sent a request to ombudsman today and reported Outside normal processing times on uscis website. 

Employment based GC, no trips outside of the US, full time employment. What could go wrong... 

True story. A close relative submitted theirs on July 15 this year. They have been scheduled for an interview on November 5. Less than four months. I'm dumbfounded! Same field office. Detroit.

8 hours ago, Yupibotan said:

so, because I had been offered jobs with the VA and had to reject them due to such delay for April 2020 Application processing I finally got through our representative and I ask is that my case it's alleviated to the level two representative and I'm waiting to hear something back from them soon. I mean it's absolutely ridiculous that it's been nearly 560 days and I haven't heard anything other than biometrics reuse in January. These people are forgetting that in 10 years we actually have jobs that's all subject to a citizenship and our families depend on us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, I am new here and I'm in the same boat. Applied April 22, 2020, Biometrics done March 24, 2021. Since then nothing. I have been out of normal processing time for almost 4 months. Opened 2 service requests but did not get a reply to any of them. Sent countless emails. Tried calling again yesterday and there was a 104 minute wait time. Absolutely unacceptable. I opened a case with the ombudsman yesterday and really hope that they can help. 

Hi Friends,

Very sad to hear this. It seems that all April 2020 filers have fallen into a black hole...

The lack of any response from USCIS is confounding to me...not sure what to do at this point, either.

Hello Everyone! I still did not get an interview notice. It is very frustrating and I don't know if this is a good sign or is my application denied because it is almost 2 years now? I applied through online and now my estimated time until decision says: 

ANYBODY is still waiting or have the same situation with me? 

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 31 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.