1,791 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, Linamona said:

No, not yet… but that’s a great point!

Keep on trying. What does the time frame tell you on USCIS.gov? I know the averages are showing between 8 and 13 months for Tampa. But what does yours specifically say online?

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

4 hours ago, bsd058 said:

Keep on trying. What does the time frame tell you on USCIS.gov? I know the averages are showing between 8 and 13 months for Tampa. But what does yours specifically say online?

It basically just says sorry that things are taking longer than it should and that you don’t need to do anything at this time but not projected to finish date for a year now.

4 minutes ago, Linamona said:

It basically just says sorry that things are taking longer than it should and that you don’t need to do anything at this time but not projected to finish date for a year now.

Same for me. It was showing November as completion month for most of last year and then briefly moved to December before going to that annoying message.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Linamona said:

Awww. I'm so sorry to hear that. That sounds so frustrating! It's similar to what happened to my IR visa before moving to the US. Everyone was getting approved left and right. Some even were going through divorce procedures after entering by the time I was approved. lol. And I have a perfectly clean record. No crimes. Only a few speeding tickets and accidents from when I was in my early 20s. But I was basically in limbo for like 15 months before they finally approved my case. We had to contact Marco Rubio's office and they looked into it and sped things along. I can't remember what office he held at that time. But his office was VERY quick. We sent the request and within 2-3 weeks I was approved. It could have been a coincidence, but I'm not so sure.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Who/what is the Ombudsman? My processing time is going to be 30+ months but they question my math (processing time so far + processing time remaining) and say that I'm within the 16-18 month processing time. I'm at 17 months already and have at least another 13 months per their estimate (they just updated it from April 2021 to 13 months last month). 

Edited by sfo-user

On 7/24/2021 at 12:32 PM, sfo-user said:

Who/what is the Ombudsman? My processing time is going to be 30+ months but they question my math (processing time so far + processing time remaining) and say that I'm within the 16-18 month processing time. I'm at 17 months already and have at least another 13 months per their estimate (they just updated it from April 2021 to 13 months last month). 

It looks like SFO is at 16 to 19.5 months right now. So I guess you are still in normal processing time. I would not read too much into these processing times because the agency does not seem to take them too seriously. However, upon the expiry of your normal processing time, you become eligible to submit an online request for service and to submit a request for assistance from the Ombudsman, assuming you are not satisfied with the USCIS response. https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance.

My local representative made a follow up on behalf of my case and this is what the USCIS replied to them: 

"We have reviewed the available information related to your constituent’s concerns and determined that your constituent’s Form N-400 is currently at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Typically, archived files which are not in the custody of the NRC, must be requested through NARA. Yet, at the present time and due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, NARA has suspended or closed their research facilities to the public and other Federal agencies.

USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security, and compliance with all relevant directives. Like other Federal agencies, USCIS has taken necessary measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Such mitigation efforts include increased social distancing and frequent cleaning in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance and limited access to facilities when necessary. Yet, throughout the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, our agency has worked to balance the safety and health of our workforce with the needs and desires of our applicants and petitioners. USCIS cannot compel other Federal agencies to circumvent their own COVID-19 protocols to assist us in our adjudication efforts.

While the processing steps for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve researching unresolved issues that may result in adjudication delays because of COVID-19 restrictions throughout the Federal government. Additionally, increased filings and other external factors may result in some applicants and petitioners experiencing increased delays in adjudication if essential file information is located at NARA as appropriate.

We understand your office’s concerns regarding the processing of your constituent’s applications and petitions. USCIS is striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. However, USCIS is unable to render a decision on your constituent’s application until we are able to access and review information that is currently unavailable to us due to its storage at the NARA. We are unable to determine when the review process for the application will be completed and ask your patience and understanding while this situation persist.

We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know."

What is this mean? Why my N400 is with NARA? i find this weird. Is there something wrong with my application? 

I applied April 15, 2020 and I am waiting for my interview. There is no update :(

1 hour ago, LJGC said:

My local representative made a follow up on behalf of my case and this is what the USCIS replied to them: 

"We have reviewed the available information related to your constituent’s concerns and determined that your constituent’s Form N-400 is currently at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Typically, archived files which are not in the custody of the NRC, must be requested through NARA. Yet, at the present time and due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, NARA has suspended or closed their research facilities to the public and other Federal agencies.

USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security, and compliance with all relevant directives. Like other Federal agencies, USCIS has taken necessary measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Such mitigation efforts include increased social distancing and frequent cleaning in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance and limited access to facilities when necessary. Yet, throughout the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, our agency has worked to balance the safety and health of our workforce with the needs and desires of our applicants and petitioners. USCIS cannot compel other Federal agencies to circumvent their own COVID-19 protocols to assist us in our adjudication efforts.

While the processing steps for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve researching unresolved issues that may result in adjudication delays because of COVID-19 restrictions throughout the Federal government. Additionally, increased filings and other external factors may result in some applicants and petitioners experiencing increased delays in adjudication if essential file information is located at NARA as appropriate.

We understand your office’s concerns regarding the processing of your constituent’s applications and petitions. USCIS is striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. However, USCIS is unable to render a decision on your constituent’s application until we are able to access and review information that is currently unavailable to us due to its storage at the NARA. We are unable to determine when the review process for the application will be completed and ask your patience and understanding while this situation persist.

We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know."

What is this mean? Why my N400 is with NARA? i find this weird. Is there something wrong with my application? 

I applied April 15, 2020 and I am waiting for my interview. There is no update :(

It appears that they sent some vital documents about your immigration history to the national archives and are waiting for it to be retrieved. All immigration records are stored there, eventually. So there is nothing to be concerned about (other than the delay). When you get naturalized, they review your entire history just to make sure that they did not make a mistake somewhere along the way. I am impressed by the effort put into responding to your case, though. Usually, its one or two sentences!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, LJGC said:

Did you file by regular mail (paper application either now or at the original spouse visa step)? Or you applied online both times? Also, which state did you file from?

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/27/2021 at 7:34 AM, orangeal said:

It looks like SFO is at 16 to 19.5 months right now. So I guess you are still in normal processing time. I would not read too much into these processing times because the agency does not seem to take them too seriously. However, upon the expiry of your normal processing time, you become eligible to submit an online request for service and to submit a request for assistance from the Ombudsman, assuming you are not satisfied with the USCIS response. https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance.

I'm now at 18 months. Their estimate is now 30 months total. Based on that I will have to start over since I only received a 24 month permission from my country to get US citizenship. So, for me that'll mean another 3 years (if I'm granted the permission a second time) on top of the previous 3 years (not counting the previous twenty years on student visa, work visa, and greencard). BTW, the link that you shared doesn't work.

Edited by sfo-user

50 minutes ago, sfo-user said:

I'm now at 18 months. Their estimate is now 30 months total. Based on that I will have to start over since I only received a 24 month permission from my country to get US citizenship. So, for me that'll mean another 3 years (if I'm granted the permission a second time) on top of the previous 3 years (not counting the previous twenty years on student visa, work visa, and greencard). BTW, the link that you shared doesn't work.

I don't understand where you are getting the 30 months from because the processing time webpage for SFO says 15.5-18.5 months. You are almost there. Not that it means a whole lot because they don't really care too much about being behind. I have been out of normal processing time for more than a month now. I submitted a request for assistance to the ombudsman and I was told that I was in normal processing time. I was like, are you guys blind? We are on our own. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, orangeal said:

I don't understand where you are getting the 30 months from because the processing time webpage for SFO says 15.5-18.5 months. You are almost there. Not that it means a whole lot because they don't really care too much about being behind. I have been out of normal processing time for more than a month now. I submitted a request for assistance to the ombudsman and I was told that I was in normal processing time. I was like, are you guys blind? We are on our own. 

I applied about 18 months ago. Biometrics was a month ago and the application status then changed to "we've started reviewing your case" and that I have 13 months until a case decision. It's a month later now and it now says that I have 12 months until a case decision. 

What month are you at and what's the processing time range in your area?

Edited by sfo-user

12 hours ago, sfo-user said:

I applied about 18 months ago. Biometrics was a month ago and the application status then changed to "we've started reviewing your case" and that I have 13 months until a case decision. It's a month later now and it now says that I have 12 months until a case decision. 

What month are you at and what's the processing time range in your area?

Wow! That's truly bizarre! There must be something unique about your case? No? This seems so wrong! I think you should talk to your local congressman about your case.

I am now in my 17th month, had bioemetrics waived in February. Status still says "Case received"! No change. My adult daughter, who filed three weeks after me, had physical biometrics in April and her case status changed to look like yours. Detroit field office processing times are 9-16 months. I am flabbergasted , to say the least. But what can I do? I'm just a 160 pound African immigrant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.