1,791 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2020 at 6:27 PM, DavidX said:

If you both are April filers (ETA, I see one of you is a March filer), you're in the same state as most of us here. In our case, no update since the case was accepted.

-David

I'm the March filer, and yep, no update. Still no response to my query, which I sent last Thurs evening. That is already 2 business days. 

I am reading on the forum that some people who filed as "late" as June already got bios-but they did so only after pestering them  about it. 

I feel like this is going nowhere. 

10 hours ago, QueenofSwords said:

I'm the March filer, and yep, no update. Still no response to my query, which I sent last Thurs evening. That is already 2 business days. 

I am reading on the forum that some people who filed as "late" as June already got bios-but they did so only after pestering them  about it. 

The processing time highly depends on the specific Field Office. Some field offices are quick (like 6 months) and some it is between 12 to 30 months. So you should check your USCIS Field Office timeline and compare with them. Of course there are some people from Cleveland OH from May that had already their interview but again that is because that specific Field Office is fast. You can check the processing time of your field office and if it has not passed that threshold, you should not worry much: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

4 hours ago, Thelord said:

The processing time highly depends on the specific Field Office. Some field offices are quick (like 6 months) and some it is between 12 to 30 months. So you should check your USCIS Field Office timeline and compare with them. Of course there are some people from Cleveland OH from May that had already their interview but again that is because that specific Field Office is fast. You can check the processing time of your field office and if it has not passed that threshold, you should not worry much: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Thank you.. My field office is KCMO. I had checked this before and it said that if I filed on or before December 2019 I should be worried. However,, I have a friend who applied right before I did, literally 3 weeks in advance and she got oath in August. The dif is that she got bio in early March before shut down and I got stuck having to deal with the ASC. I'm still not dealing with the field office as I have to go through the ASC first. According to the processing time,, I would have been done in Sept or right around now if not for the shutdown. 

Edited by QueenofSwords

On 10/3/2020 at 5:45 PM, OSAC said:

Thanks. There is a USCIS field office in KCMO as well. I think that’s where the interviews are done.

@OSAC,

I have an update, or two updates.

I heard back from my friend, the one who got approved at KCMO in Aug. She said the interview and bio are at the same address but two separate buildings but the oath is at a different address. So it must be that the field office and ASC are both close to the airport but separate buildings.  

Second update. A KC filer on the other board talked to USCIS on the phone yesterday. And for our ASC, they said to expect receiving biometrics for new schedulings in 3 weeks, so exactly at the 90 day mark, as others have also reported at other ASCs on this forum. 

16 hours ago, QueenofSwords said:

Did they get back to you on our query yet? Did you send them on the online account?

3 minutes ago, alexLS said:

Did they get back to you on our query yet? Did you send them on the online account?

No,, I wrote to them  on Oct 1st, and today is the third business day of no response. Is this normal?

I may call them. I could follow up with 'I would appreciate a response' but I swear, people are SO immature and so unprofessional that they take anything as a slight and want to then deliberately get back at you. 

1 minute ago, QueenofSwords said:

No,, I wrote to them  on Oct 1st, and today is the third business day of no response. Is this normal?

I may call them. I could follow up with 'I would appreciate a response' but I swear, people are SO immature and so unprofessional that they take anything as a slight and want to then deliberately get back at you. 

I think you may want to wait until this Friday. I heard it usually takes 5-7 days. 

3 minutes ago, alexLS said:

I think you may want to wait until this Friday. I heard it usually takes 5-7 days. 

Thank you . Agreed. Also I wrote to them after hours on Thurs so the first doesn't count. 

I read that the ASC is closed on Fridays but I am not sure whom the email response comes from. I doubt it'd be the people at the ASC because it turns out they are private contractors working for hourly wage, not federal employees-privatization FTW! 

It may be best as a result to wait until the following week, which also takes us closer to the October 27th mark. 

I worried that I was too detailed and firm in my original message and that this is out of spite. Long story but I also got this sensitive and paranoid due to experiences with admin at my university. During my academic tenure process, I got an 8 page email response from a secretary's boss b/c I dared inquire about when I'd hear back. They were past the deadline and my case was slam dunk anyhow but it became a major deal that I asked. So now I worry that everyone is trying to "put the PhD in her place" through small exploits of power like this. 

2 minutes ago, QueenofSwords said:

Thank you . Agreed. Also I wrote to them after hours on Thurs so the first doesn't count. 

I read that the ASC is closed on Fridays but I am not sure whom the email response comes from. I doubt it'd be the people at the ASC because it turns out they are private contractors working for hourly wage, not federal employees-privatization FTW! 

It may be best as a result to wait until the following week, which also takes us closer to the October 27th mark. 

I worried that I was too detailed and firm in my original message and that this is out of spite. Long story but I also got this sensitive and paranoid due to experiences with admin at my university. During my academic tenure process, I got an 8 page email response from a secretary's boss b/c I dared inquire about when I'd hear back. They were past the deadline and my case was slam dunk anyhow but it became a major deal that I asked. So now I worry that everyone is trying to "put the PhD in her place" through small exploits of power like this. 

I think the people responding to online messages are at a central location, not local ASCs. 

And congrats on your tenure. Incredibly difficult.

@AlexLS,

Much appreciated! I should just let that negative experience go. Turns out the woman who blew her gasket had been out of an abusive relationship,, as is plastered all over local media, and hence she's likely to fly off the handle at the wrong moment, especially in response to another woman whose position she may well covet and resent. Not my problem, and it is a shame she didn't seek therapy before starting to work as an admin assistant. 

Thanks on the ASC vs central response question. In that case, assuming the latter is open on Fridays as well, it is indeed the third business day today. 

I've been now waiting for almost 6 months for my biometrics appointment in New York. Anyone else in the same situation? I am now wondering did they forget about me 🤔

It's crazy that only 2-3 years ago the whole process took 3-4 months.

4 hours ago, Julio22 said:

I've been now waiting for almost 6 months for my biometrics appointment in New York. Anyone else in the same situation? I am now wondering did they forget about me 🤔

Which borough ? Same here in Brooklyn 

4 hours ago, Julio22 said:

Exactly. There has got to be a mechanism where we could levy criticism against this insane process. They closed USCIS for 2.5 months, and ASCs for more than that and then added 90 days on top of it. No measures were taken to address the obvious logjam that would unfold. And on top of it they are doubling the fees. They have to be held to account for total incompetence. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I applied April 15 in Denver, CO. No biometrics appointment yet. My case online says completion by April 2021. 

Can someone please provide the email address for inquiries? I called them but the estimated wait time was 90 minutes and I didn't have time to wait that long. 

Thank you! And let's try to be patient 😬

GREEN CARD I-485, I-765, I-130 AND I-131

Day 000 - 03/30/2016 Filing Chicago Lockbox

Day 003 - 04/02/2016 File Received

Day 006 - 04/05/2016 Checks Cashed

Day 011 - 04/10/2016 NOAs I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765

Day 037 - 05/06/2016 Biometrics Notification

Day 042 - 05/13/2016 Biometrics Appointment

Day 052 - 05/23/2016 I-485 "Ready for Interview"

Day 083 - 06/23/2016 I-765 EAD "Card is Being Produced"

Day 083 - 06/23/2016 I-131 AP Case Was Approved

Day 087 - 06/27/2016 NOA Advanced Parole Approval

Day 084 - 06/28/2016 Combo card (EAD/AP) was mailed to me

Day 095 - 07/05/2016 EAD/AP Card Received 

Day 210 - 10/28/2016 Interview Scheduled 

Day 248 - 12/05/2016 Interview - Approved on the spot!! - "New Card is Being Produced" ❤

Day 251 - 12/08/2016 Green Card was mailed to me

Day 255 - 12/12/2016 Green Card Received! More than two years married, no conditions = 10 years!

NATURALIZATION N-400

Day 000 - 04/15/2020 Filing Online

Day 006 - 04/21/2020 NOA N-400

Day 190 - 10/21/2020 Biometrics Scheduled for 11/12/2020

Day 199 - 10/30/2020 NOA N-400 Biometrics Appointment

Day 212 - 11/12/2020 Biometrics Appointment at Denver ASC

Day 223 - 11/23/2020 Interview Scheduled for 12/28/2020

Day 233 - 12/03/2020 NOA N-400 Interview

Day 258 - 12/28/2020 Naturalization interview (approved on the spot and Oath of Allegiance taken the same day). I'm a US Citizen! 🇺🇲🇺🇸🇺🇲

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.