1,791 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 10:39 PM, Guido51 said:

how did you guys use FOIA so they scheduled your interview? pelase share. thanks

I'm somewhat skeptical about this but considering that we are dealing with an inept bureaucracy, it may be that this is the quickest way to retrieve your A-file. There's some degree of automation to the system so the availability of your A-file probably triggers some action. Computers talking to bureaucrats! That would be my guess. There's people that have done this and are still waiting. So it's not a magic bullet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, sk1908 said:

@Kristina B. What was the date of filing of you N400.

I filed April 29, 2020.

Edited by Kristina B.

Today I received the following message:

"The status of this service request is:

USCIS systems indicate that your case is awaiting an interview. Your local USCIS Field Office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment."

Does this message imply some movement? Or, is it more of the same?

23+ months since I filed...unbelievable!

Q

Should I call the Local Field Office?

Thx

Q

2 hours ago, Cloggie said:

USCIS systems indicate that your case is awaiting an interview. Your local USCIS Field Office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment."

Q

Thx

Q

That's similar to the message l got two weeks before my interview notice! 

2 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Q

Thx

Q

hi, what did you do to recieve this message? online message them in your account or email or call? thanks

17 minutes ago, orangeal said:

That's similar to the message l got two weeks before my interview notice! 

hi, what did you do to recieve this message? online message them in your account or email or call? thanks

8 hours ago, Guido51 said:

I submitted a service request for "out of normal time processing" after filing FOIA for my A-file. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Q

Thx

Q

My guess is that there is some movement. If you filed online check if there's an interview notice letter on the website for you. It took some time for me to get the email and I still haven't received the physical notice. FWIW, it took about a month for my FOIA to complete (I just got an email notice) and they scheduled my interview within a few weeks of filing the FOIA request (I got the notice about a week ago). 

Got this email from the USCIS yesterday:

Thank you for your inquiry dated February 22, 2022.

Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization:

Our system shows that a Service Request was created for you regarding the status of your N-400 application. Your Service Request was assigned to the National Benefits Center and given Referral ID number ######.

The National Benefits Center responded to your Service Request on March 15, 2022. Their response stated:

USCIS systems indicate that your case is awaiting an interview. Your local USCIS Field Office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment.

But a check of our records establishes that the processing of your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, is delayed pending receipt of your A-file. The USCIS National Records Center (NRC) remains operational while adhering to local health protocols. USCIS also utilizes the Federal Records Centers (FRC) operated by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to house immigration records. NARA has different health and safety protocols to adequately protect their workforce. USCIS is continually working with NARA leadership on obtaining files stored with their FRC facilities to mitigate the current file request backlog. Unfortunately, at this time the National Benefits Center has been waiting for your file to arrive from the Federal Records Centers (FRC). We ask that you please continue to wait. Files will be sent to your local office once they become available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for continued patience and understanding.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.