1,791 posts in this topic

I filed also in April 2020. Tried everything. Contacted Representatives. Contacted Senators. Numerous phone calls. Plan to file FOIA soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Cloggie said:

I filed also in April 2020. Tried everything. Contacted Representatives. Contacted Senators. Numerous phone calls. Plan to file FOIA soon.

I filed FOIA last week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Timeline
Just now, Cloggie said:

Good for you. That is a pretty straightforward process?

It was much easier than I thought it would be. I was upset with myself for waiting as long as I did once I was done. ;) 

hi everyone, my case says online "Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 6 days"

but i didn't receive any interview date or anything after biometrics. have i missed a letter? what does this "6day mean"? i just don't want to miss an interview or anything like that without knowing.

thanks if anyone can help.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JustBelieve said:

I am kinda confused... What is stoping you guys from filing FOIA?

I waited because several lawyers told me that it would cause processing delays. They've been wrong about everything so far and their tardiness was the reason why I ended up filing during COVID instead of before. So, I've filed the FOIA now. It only takes a few minutes and doesn't require any preparation. I've done the whole contacting representatives and contacting USCIS spiel ad nauseam.

Hi guys!

So I am finally done))) Had my interview on Thursday and then the ceremony was on Friday. I went to Oakland Park field office. Everything was really well organized and fast. The officer that I had was very nice! People from here know that I have tried everything as anyone here- endless calls to tier 1 and 2 agents, multiple service requests, my congresswoman, ombudsman, and the last thing was the FOIA request. I don't know what exactly helped, but something definitely did. So do keep on trying and you will get there very soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

22 months and counting. What a fantastic process !

- Congressman very actively trying to help - no real results 

- zero help from the ombudsman

- zero help from the senator

- zero help from filing repetitive e-requests for case outside of normal processing times

- zero help form emails through the uscis portal

- zero help from calling the uscis weekly

the USCIS has now "actively reviewed" my RFE response for over 6 months - RFE response was submitted to them 2 days after my interview in early May of 2021 - So I'm soon coming up with anniversaries, 2 years from filing and 1 year from the interview. Hurray ! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Wondering if anyone is in the similar situation here: 

April 2020 filer. Submitted FOIA for myself and my spouse in mid Dec 2021. Spouse got the interview scheduled when FOIA was in step 2. Interview completion date - Feb 09. 
My FOIA request was completed end of January along with the A file being made available in the documents tab. But I have not had the interview scheduled yet. Not sure if anyone had their FOIA request complete but no interview. Not sure where to go from here. Tried all the avenues before FOIA - SRs, Senators, Ombudsman. 

I have a question: Once you file your FOIA, it will be uploaded to your portal? Or a CD will be sent to your address? How does the USCIS field office get a hold of it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.