1,791 posts in this topic

Here's another entry on our debacle: 

https://immigrationimpact.com/2022/01/28/uscis-citizenship-files-locked-caves/#.YfhFIS2cZ24

Edited by Cloggie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

What I find strange about this while cave debacle is that even those that filed online are stuck. Did they print out forms for them to get stuck? In theory, they should be in their system with easy enough access for those of us that filed online.

Timeline

I had called at the beginning of January and requested to speak to a level 2 advisor. I was told I would get a phone call, given a case # and the number they would call from. Last Thursday I got an email saying to expect a call within 1-2 business days. Progress, right? Nope. Got an email Friday with that case ID summarizing no information at all and a second email asking if I was satisfied with the contact. Not expecting a phone call today at this point.  

I was indeed called by an immigration officer and informed a ‘request for expedited service’ would be sent out on my behalf.

l also just learned the conditions for expedited service are updated as per the USCIS website. We’ll see what happens…

Has anybody else received a request for expedited service?

At this point, I've filed a FOIA Request after getting the following from Detroit:

The Detroit Field Office has not received this case for review or scheduling.  It remains in pre-processing at the NBC.  We cannot provide any additional information at this time.

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

I finally got my interview scheduled! March 4 is the date.

Filed n400 in April 2020. Washington DC field office. 

FOIA on 1/6/2022 and currently in step 3.

I know it's not the end of the journey, some people get interviews canceled last minute or decisions can't be made but I'm glad to finally see progress. 

Thanks to all the group members for support and FOIA advice!

Not sure it's FOIA that moved my case or it's just a coincident, but looks like it helped a lot of people. 

Edited by Yupibotan

congratulations!

I was called by an immigration officer and informed a ‘request for expedited service’ would be sent out on my behalf.

l also just learned the conditions for expedited service are updated as per the USCIS website. We’ll see what happens…

Has anybody else received a request for expedited service?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 1/31/2022 at 2:40 PM, Kristina B. said:

What I find strange about this while cave debacle is that even those that filed online are stuck. Did they print out forms for them to get stuck? In theory, they should be in their system with easy enough access for those of us that filed online.

Lately, N400 forms can be submitted online however the A-File is everything related to your immigration journey being required when adjudicating your N400 application. From your K1, L1, H1B etc to your AOS, these were likely paper filings.

I'm surprised, as a late March filer, that my file was not locked in the same cave.

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my interview in San Diego this morning and they did the Oath ceremony right afterwards. I am so glad this is finally over.

The interview was very quick and painless. The questions they asked me were:

1.      Where is the statute of liberty?

2.      What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?

3.      What is one power of the federal government?

4.      Who is our founding father?

5.      Who was the first president?

6.      Name one state that borders Canada

Then we went through my application. The interview took about 20 minutes. Afterwards I went up one floor and took the oath with about 10 other people in the room. That took less than 5 minutes. Overall, I was in the building for a little over an hour. Now on to getting a passport.

For those of you still waiting, I would definitely recommend filing a FOIA request. There is no guarantee that it will get you an interview quicker, but it helped so many of us now and it does not hurt your case.

Anyway, here is my timeline:
04/20/2020: N400 submitted
03/24/2021: Biometrics done
12/10/2021: Filed FOIA
01/03/2022: FOIA reached step 3
01/06/2022: Interview notice
02/09/2022: Interview and Oath

Good Luck everyone!!

Glad to have found this forum.

April 2020 filler, stuck in the FRC/NARA limbo. Got Bio done in Feb 2021 n since then nothing.
Tried all possible means of service requests, representatives n ombudsman. They all tried to help, but also for the canned messages. 
fingers crossed with FOIA.

initially thought of filling FOIA on Nov 2021 but got discouraged by a post from Reddit. But got the clarity n courage from this forum.

will keep everyone posted. 
thank you 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

I just saw this on my portal:

Change from 3 months estimated processing time to:

Taking Longer.png

Mine has been saying that for over a year now :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.