1,791 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2021 at 7:33 PM, Cloggie said:

Linamona, when did you file for your N400 and what did you do to get the interview?

Thank you.

Filed April 21, 2020 . Got to speak to a level II officer, senator , ombudsman, again senator, governor, then their dumb 1-800 number daily , then the white house. It was absolutely insane but all that nagging worked. 472 days later I went for interview and oath in day. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Linamona said:

Filed April 21, 2020 . Got to speak to a level II officer, senator , ombudsman, again senator, governor, then their dumb 1-800 number daily , then the white house. It was absolutely insane but all that nagging worked. 472 days later I went for interview and oath in day. 

Congrats, all the noise paid back!

Did you get to know the reason your case got delayed so much? 

On 12/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, sfo-user said:

Oops, I missed that they said this was caused by a transfer but can't edit my comment.

I'm considering the lawsuit and got similar quotes. With my luck I'd be the one person they'd fight in court though. I'm going to wait a few more weeks for a response now that the NBC has sent my inquiry back to SF and am simultaneously going ask the congress person to file for 'expedited' processing, which will cost me around $200 in translations and notarizations. It sounds like my BBG was extended since they've asked me to pay the $300 fee but the extension is only valid for 12 months and I highly doubt that USCIS will review/approve my case within 12 months. Their current estimate is for a total of 34 months. 

Yet, they claim that my case is being processed in the order it was received. However,  my lawyer tells me that their other applicants the same my field office get approved within 12-15 months and on German online forums people report getting approved as quickly as 2-3 months in some offices and most taking around a year.

Hello, can you please ask your lawyer if it is possible to file a class action suit? 

I see a lot of people are interested in some form of legal action. I am ready to contribute as much as it takes to sue the USCIS. 

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... and who will not become a public charge!

21 hours ago, Yupibotan said:

Congrats, all the noise paid back!

Did you get to know the reason your case got delayed so much? 

It was stuck in the NCIS backlog and apparently many March to April people are on the same boat. In my case I bothered the living out of them so much they actually were forced to move their behind. The most frustrating part was that my interview took few minutes and the officer kept saying why did you wait so long because you have no history, it's like because you guys are absolutely lazy and a joke. 

I know how all of you feel. I check this thread because I feel horrible for all that are still dealing with this and I pray for a fast conclusion .

Happy new year! 

On 12/29/2021 at 7:33 PM, Cloggie said:

Linamona, when did you file for your N400 and what did you do to get the interview?

Thank you.

Everything, called senator, congressman, White house,  the third party joke middle man but I called their 1800 number daily , level two officer, the national archive center. It depressed me so much, so absolutely ridiculous   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, Linamona said:

Everything, called senator, congressman, White house,  the third party joke middle man but I called their 1800 number daily , level two officer, the national archive center. It depressed me so much, so absolutely ridiculous   

I've contacted congress person several times and they're being ignored by USCIS. So, I can also contact a senator and the White House as well? Might be worth trying before suing.

19 hours ago, Libertate said:

Hello, can you please ask your lawyer if it is possible to file a class action suit? 

I see a lot of people are interested in some form of legal action. I am ready to contribute as much as it takes to sue the USCIS. 

My lawyer doesn't handle lawsuits. I will try a few other options first but will start talking to lawyers that do in parallel and share that idea with them and see what they think. 

Timeline

Any thoughts about using the "Outside Normal Processing Time" USCIS form? Concerns? Experiences?

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do

"Do you have a case pending with USCIS that is outside the normal processing time?" 

Yes, 6 months beyond median of office, 4 months beyond official max of office, and 12-15 months beyond national average and a remaining processing time of 10+ months. 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, sfo-user said:

Any thoughts about using the "Outside Normal Processing Time" USCIS form? Concerns? Experiences?

"Do you have a case pending with USCIS that is outside the normal processing time?" 

Yes, 6 months beyond median of office, 4 months beyond official max of office, and 12-15 months beyond national average and a remaining processing time of 10+ months. 

All I got out of it is another useless reply:

At this time, your case is pending the transfer of your immigration file from one of our records facilities to the local field office processing your case. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been delays in the transfer of files from some of our records facility, which has caused longer than normal processing times. Your local field office is working to receive your file as quickly as possible and will timely proceed with the adjudication of your case as soon as your file is received. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Timeline
1 hour ago, sfo-user said:

I tried it and got a very pointless reply (see below). The '180 days' will put me almost exactly at my two-year mark of submitting my application. This was in October and I have heard nothing since.

The status of this service request is:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found and how the issue has been resolved or additional actions required.

What We Have Done
USCIS has reviewed your Service Request.  According to USCIS records, your application is still pending.  At this time, we anticipate you should receive a decision or other notice from USCIS within 180 days of this notice.  Please be advised that posted processing times are goals based on Field Office averages.  These goals are subject to change and can vary from office to office.  We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing. 

What You Can Do
If you do not receive a decision or other notice from USCIS by the time specified above, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at the phone number below.

We hope this information is helpful to you. We appreciate your continued patience.

Edited by Kristina B.

Timeline

Got a callback from level 2 support today. 

The previous responses were stating that my case is pending the transfer of files from one of the records facilities. 

Today the support person said that my case is currently pending security checks and is delayed due to covid. No resolution timelines. 

I contacted my representative and white house yesterday. Will keep pushing. 

Well, you're on it. How long did it take before the Tier 2 officer contacted you?

I also contacted my representative, but have not heard back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.