1,791 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, eizerr said:

I did it during the creation time. 

Honestly speaking filing this request took 5 minutes for me, and I don't think it worth a debate like we see here. 

It may help or it may not, in the worst case one spends 5 minutes, so why not to try. 

I'm gonna let this one pass for now. They should do their job. For which - by the way - they were handsomely paid. 

Me too. I think I will follow my attorney's advice:

"Does not make sense.  Don’t file FOIA.  Just call the national service line:  1-800-375-5283 for help."

1 hour ago, eizerr said:

I did it during the creation time. 

Honestly speaking filing this request took 5 minutes for me, and I don't think it worth a debate like we see here. 

It may help or it may not, in the worst case one spends 5 minutes, so why not to try. 

Yeah, people here are really making me laugh. Like guys we have tried all the resources to no luck and our cases are stuck in limbo so why not try something that may trigger our cases to be picked up again?

15 minutes ago, JustBelieve said:

Yeah, people here are really making me laugh. Like guys we have tried all the resources to no luck and our cases are stuck in limbo so why not try something that may trigger our cases to be picked up again?

If l thought for a moment that this would be useful, l would do it. But l don't. 

One thing that will get your case expedited is if you can claim an emergency situation. I was offered that through my congressman but l don't have any emergency associated with citizenship. If your circumstances are dire, you should write to USCIS! 

5 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Me too. I think I will follow my attorney's advice:

"Does not make sense.  Don’t file FOIA.  Just call the national service line:  1-800-375-5283 for help."

Does your attorney somehow knows what happenes to abnormally large portion of cases filed in March-June 2020. If not, then nothing makes sense and we should use all possible mechanisms :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cloggie said:

Couldn't talk to a live person.

You can also just say "Infopass" and they will connect you to a live person. You might have to wait a while though, their wait times have been ridiculously long lately.

Hi Friends,

I now did get through and talked to a "live person"...I asked to talk to a Tier Two agent and was told I will be called back after the Holidays.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I got another email  from the Ombudsman today, unfortunately there is nothing they can do at this point:

We are writing in response to your request for case assistance from the CIS Ombudsman’s Office.

Our review indicates that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must receive a related file in order to resume processing your pending application/petition. USCIS is experiencing serious delays with file transfers due in part to measures taken to ensure employee safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, there is currently no estimated time frame for the required file transfer. Therefore, our office cannot give you any additional information about when your case will be adjudicated.   

The CIS Ombudsman’s Office is independent from USCIS and does not have authority to adjudicate a case or compel USCIS to take action on a pending case. Because USCIS’ adjudication depends on receiving the necessary file, we are closing your request for case assistance at this time. Our office, however, will continue to work with USCIS to address systemic issues associated with file transfer and other processing delays.

Next Steps
We encourage you to continue to monitor your case status online and reach out to USCIS directly. You can submit a case status inquiry; chat with Emma, USCIS’ online virtual assistant who can connect you to a live chat agent if she cannot answer your questions; or call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. We have a tip sheet on how to reach out to the USCIS Contact Center most effectively.  

To obtain additional information and explore USCIS’ customer service tools and resources, visit the USCIS Tools and Resources page.

If you still have not heard from USCIS six months after the date of this email (for example, received a request for evidence or interview appointment), you may reply to this email, and we will review your inquiry again. Please include “Re: File transfer delays” in the subject line of your email, your service request number(s), the date(s) you contacted USCIS, and USCIS response(s), if any. We will review your email and inquiry within two weeks of receipt to determine whether we are able to assist.  

We appreciate that adjudication delays are frustrating but hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued patience.  

10 minutes ago, AH2020 said:

I got another email  from the Ombudsman today, unfortunately there is nothing they can do at this point:

We are writing in response to your request for case assistance from the CIS Ombudsman’s Office.

Our review indicates that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must receive a related file in order to resume processing your pending application/petition. USCIS is experiencing serious delays with file transfers due in part to measures taken to ensure employee safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, there is currently no estimated time frame for the required file transfer. Therefore, our office cannot give you any additional information about when your case will be adjudicated.   

The CIS Ombudsman’s Office is independent from USCIS and does not have authority to adjudicate a case or compel USCIS to take action on a pending case. Because USCIS’ adjudication depends on receiving the necessary file, we are closing your request for case assistance at this time. Our office, however, will continue to work with USCIS to address systemic issues associated with file transfer and other processing delays.

Next Steps
We encourage you to continue to monitor your case status online and reach out to USCIS directly. You can submit a case status inquiry; chat with Emma, USCIS’ online virtual assistant who can connect you to a live chat agent if she cannot answer your questions; or call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. We have a tip sheet on how to reach out to the USCIS Contact Center most effectively.  

To obtain additional information and explore USCIS’ customer service tools and resources, visit the USCIS Tools and Resources page.

If you still have not heard from USCIS six months after the date of this email (for example, received a request for evidence or interview appointment), you may reply to this email, and we will review your inquiry again. Please include “Re: File transfer delays” in the subject line of your email, your service request number(s), the date(s) you contacted USCIS, and USCIS response(s), if any. We will review your email and inquiry within two weeks of receipt to determine whether we are able to assist.  

We appreciate that adjudication delays are frustrating but hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued patience.  

Yes, they are all useless. People are transfering their cases to other states with short processing times and this seems to speed up their case. You can try that too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.