1,791 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Yupibotan said:

Got completely useless reply from ombudsman. So frustrating. 

"Thank you for contacting the CIS Ombudsman’s Office.  In response to our inquiry, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) indicated that your case is under active review.  However, USCIS  was unable to provide a specific timeframe for resolution of the case.  Once USCIS has issued a decision or other notice of action, USCIS will notify you my mail."

Is that a joke? 

That so frustrating((( I just want to know what else we can do!!!

Hi All,

I received a message from the USCIS after I contacted them on my portal about the status of my case.

(I am waiting for an interview)

It appears my request has now been forwarded to the field office.

I was given a referral ID and I will be contacted concerning my case once they have reviewed my inquiry.

Has anybody had a similar message and how much time is involved here?

1 hour ago, Cloggie said:

Hi All,

I received a message from the USCIS after I contacted them on my portal about the status of my case.

(I am waiting for an interview)

It appears my request has now been forwarded to the field office.

I was given a referral ID and I will be contacted concerning my case once they have reviewed my inquiry.

Has anybody had a similar message and how much time is involved here?

I had that message before and you know that I’m still waiting(((

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I received a reply  from Susan Cohen this morning, hopefully all of you who contacted her got it too. She is trying to find news reporters who are willing to report about the USCIS delays to hopefully put some pressure on NRC to send our files. I would be more than happy to speak to a reporter.  I really hope this will bring some movement to our cases. I think the more noise we make in the news about this the better.  

I was just contact by my field office and received the following message: "We researched your case and found that your case is currently in line for processing. We regret that we cannot provide a definitive timeframe on the processing of your application, but assure you that we are committed to the timely processing of applications."

Not sure if this will expedite my case, but I appreciate the quick response by the field office. Of course, my original files are located in the FRC facility...

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

I was just contact by my field office and received the following message: "We researched your case and found that your case is currently in line for processing. We regret that we cannot provide a definitive timeframe on the processing of your application, but assure you that we are committed to the timely processing of applications."

Not sure if this will expedite my case, but I appreciate the quick response by the field office. Of course, my original files are located in the FRC facility...

How did you contact field office? 

I had requested an update via the portal. The USCIS responded to me that my request was forwarded to the field office and this office reached out to me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

I received something similar to my latest inquiry. Its all the same nonsense. 

The status of this service request is:

Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning the status of your case.

We are experiencing a high volume of applications and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is causing further delays. Your case is in line for review. You do not need to do anything at this time. If we need anything from you, we will mail you a request for evidence. When we make a decision on your case, we will mail a notice to you or your representative at the address you gave us.

Please note that our processing times at www.uscis.gov/processingtimes are general estimates. Individual processing times vary. If we send you a request for evidence, your case will take longer. It's important to follow instructions carefully and submit a complete application the first time.

We know that waiting can be difficult and we are committed to processing cases as quickly as possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/3/2021 at 10:25 AM, AH2020 said:

You can get a 1 year extension to the dual citizenship permit. Mine expires in March 2022 and I had to get an extension too. Of course you will have to pay the EUR 255 fee again. Although at this point I almost doubt that we will be naturalized by March 2023. 

Yeah, why'd they process our cases at all? Meanwhile, I know of people who's cases were processed in 2-3 months. Virtually the same background, the same state, and the same online application. The only reason I'm still here is for personal reasons but we'll have to have a serious talk about going back if there's no progress within a few months. 

Edited by sfo-user

Timeline
On 12/3/2021 at 5:50 PM, JustBelieve said:

Yeah so this the ####### that I don't get.
If applications are processed in order they are received, why newer applicants are completing their process before old applications IN THE SAME FU**N FIELD OFFICE? Can anyone help me understand this please?

Yes, I've heard from people who got approved in 2-3 months. Granted, in a field office with slower posted processing times (LA). My lawyer also told me that they have clients who filed a year after me and who already got approved. So, I know for a fact that the "we process them in the order we receive them" narrative is not true. They didn't even start processing my case until after biometrics, which took 16 months to schedule. 

Timeline

Does anyone know what to expect from filing a mandamus lawsuit? How much time, effort, and money does that involve? Could it trigger retribution from USCIS, e.g. causing even more delays?

I received the below message from my local office:

"We researched your case and found that your case is currently in line for processing. We regret that we cannot provide a definitive timeframe on the processing of your application, but assure you that we are committed to the timely processing of applications."

Not sure if it makes any sense to follow up with them...

55 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

I received the below message from my local office:

"We researched your case and found that your case is currently in line for processing. We regret that we cannot provide a definitive timeframe on the processing of your application, but assure you that we are committed to the timely processing of applications."

Not sure if it makes any sense to follow up with them...

Super annoying and mediocre! Like they told my Congressional aide, it's not enough that they are way behind processing my case for them to do anything about it! I need to come up with some verifiable emergency for them to get it done quicker. In the absence of that, we need ninety more days! Yah. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.