1,791 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, TatianaZ said:

I have seen only one person here who said that his case moved, the rest are stuck 

If you read the whole thread you will see tons of people who have already become citizens, including the person who started the thread. I filed on May 1, 2020 and became a citizen in March 2021. The absolute majority of those of us who filed in March, April, May 2020 have already become citizens.

There seems to be a few cases that were shipped off to some random storage/records center for no reason and are still stuck, it's all very strange, but it happened to far from everyone. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

9 hours ago, Scandi said:

If you read the whole thread you will see tons of people who have already become citizens, including the person who started the thread. I filed on May 1, 2020 and became a citizen in March 2021. The absolute majority of those of us who filed in March, April, May 2020 have already become citizens.

There seems to be a few cases that were shipped off to some random storage/records center for no reason and are still stuck, it's all very strange, but it happened to far from everyone. 

really, because the officer I spoke to said no cases of April 2020 in Florida moved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Linamona said:

really, because the officer I spoke to said no cases of April 2020 in Florida moved. 

This thread is for all April 2020 filers, not just Florida. The absolute majority of people in this thread have already become citizens, that's people from all over the country. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Kosova
Timeline

Filed April 30, 2020

November 12, 2020 (completed finger prints)

still waiting for a god damn interview.

“Estimated time* until case decision: 

approx. 24 days” 

Well, you're almost there. I filed in April 2020 and my estimated wait time is 4 months. Did you take any action to get this expedited?

Timeline
2 hours ago, ShpatBeqa said:

Filed April 30, 2020

November 12, 2020 (completed finger prints)

still waiting for a god damn interview.

“Estimated time* until case decision: 

approx. 24 days” 

I had same estimate couple of months ago. And then it just changed to things are taking longer than expected 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

Well, you're almost there. I filed in April 2020 and my estimated wait time is 4 months. Did you take any action to get this expedited?

Lol expedited ? It’s been almost 19 months since I filed. 

2 minutes ago, Yupibotan said:

I had same estimate couple of months ago. And then it just changed to things are taking longer than expected 

😢😢😢 yeah at this point I don’t really know what to do. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Very frustrating for all of us, guys...are any of you considering hiring an attorney?

Naw I’ll just wait…

Timeline
3 hours ago, Cloggie said:

Very frustrating for all of us, guys...are any of you considering hiring an attorney?

I'll wait for response from ombudsman first and will probably wait for some time before considering an attorney. 

But what steps can an attorney take? Request status and get same response from USCIS? 

Sue USCIS? 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Yupibotan said:

I'll wait for response from ombudsman first and will probably wait for some time before considering an attorney. 

But what steps can an attorney take? Request status and get same response from USCIS? 

Sue USCIS? 

USCIS will wash their hands off any litigation especially if the delay is due to files located at NARA.

In their own words: USCIS cannot compel other Federal agencies to circumvent their own COVID-19 protocols to assist us in our adjudication efforts.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:07 PM, Yupibotan said:

I won't be surprised if we got this reuse by mistake and need an acctual biometrics done ... 

6 hours ago, Cloggie said:

So I tried expediting and after two month I haven’t received a letter until yesterday they told me that they can’t expedite and I’m still in preprocessing stage. I keep on getting this reply for the last six month. I’m really upset. Tier two agent told me that he has never seen n400 being expedited((( waiting still on reply from my congressman. I’m praying that she can help 🙏🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.