caviarlifestyle

CFO

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi group My fiance' and I have recently received our K1 fiance approval and our case is on the way to the NVC I was wondering after we receive our case number can the CFO seminar be take before or is it best to be taken after the embassy interview 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, caviarlifestyle said:

Hi group My fiance' and I have recently received our K1 fiance approval and our case is on the way to the NVC I was wondering after we receive our case number can the CFO seminar be take before or is it best to be taken after the embassy interview 

Anytime.  If taken before visa issuance you will need to revisit a CFO office to receive the sticker.   If after,  then sticker is issued immediately 

YMMV

Timeline
15 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Anytime.  If taken before visa issuance you will need to revisit a CFO office to receive the sticker.   If after,  then sticker is issued immediately 

Thank you!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, payxibka said:

How far in advance can CFO typically be scheduled? Seems better to do it before you get the visa. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

How far in advance can CFO typically be scheduled? Seems better to do it before you get the visa. 

I don't think there's a specific timeframe.  I know of someone who did it about a year in advance 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from K1 P&P- as the topic is country specific~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

We did ours six months in advance of the interview...No problems..

Finally done...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, caviarlifestyle said:

With most of the Philippines in lock down I don't know that CFO is allowing scheduling for now.    You do not need your MNL# to complete CFO-GCP.

Once CFO is allowing seminars again I would suggest to get it done as soon as possible, don't wait until after receiving the visa.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

On the topic of NVC and your case file number (MNL#), I would suggest to email NVC to acquire your case file number, here is a link with info for contacting NCV by email.    Then forward the email from NVC to your fiancee as it will be needed for the medical at SLEC

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

Lastly here is a guide to the visa process https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html   (currently everything with the embassy is shut down)

53 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

There isn't a time restriction as to when to complete CFO-GCP, the certificate is valid forever once issued.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As of right now, you can just print off the CFO sticker online, without a seminar: https://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/

(depending on your visa type, who knows how long this will last)

Timeline
17 hours ago, boris64 said:

We did ours six months in advance of the interview...No problems..

What are the requirements if you are getting CFO this far out from your interview?

I'm planning to do this with my K2. 

ROC filed September 9 2024

Timeline
14 minutes ago, 0NI said:

What are the requirements if you are getting CFO this far out from your interview?

I'm planning to do this with my K2. 

Except a k1 does GCP and k2 does PDOS.   GCP can be done before Visa issuance,  PDOS cannot 

YMMV

Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Except a k1 does GCP and k2 does PDOS.   GCP can be done before Visa issuance,  PDOS cannot 

What is the easiest way to do this PDOS?  Fiance in Northern Mindinao with two kids. We would like to pick up in Manila prior to leaving.. Ideally on the way out... But can't drag all our luggage from airport and back again... Too much of a hassle

Edited by Solaris81

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

What is the easiest way to do this PDOS?  Fiance in Northern Mindinao with two kids. We would like to pick up in Manila prior to leaving.. Ideally on the way out... But can't drag all our luggage from airport and back again... Too much of a hassle

What are the ages of the kids? 

CFO has a desk at NAIA airport for sticker pickup

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

What are the ages of the kids? 

CFO has a desk at NAIA airport for sticker pickup

I heard we had to schedule an appointment at the CFO. They are 6 and 4.

Timeline
Just now, Solaris81 said:

I heard we had to schedule an appointment at the CFO. They are 6 and 4.

You need to register and pay the fee.  Once you do that, then they will immediately receive the sticker assuming that they have visa in passport.  There are a couple of CFO offices in the Manila area

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.