Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, KiloCharlie said:

Does any one have updates on embassy in Nepal processing K1. They are still only processing spouse visa as mission critical and i have written several times to them and same answer. 

Has anyone gone to the US embassy Napal's website to see if they are open?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Has anyone gone to the US embassy Napal's website to see if they are open?

I check that on a regular basis. They are still only doing emergency appointments. :(

1 hour ago, Silwal said:

I check that on a regular basis. They are still only doing emergency appointments. :(

Then you have your answer. The website will be the first place that anything regarding the processing of a K-1 visa will be posted. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello, Case is currently at NVC pending to be transferred to the US embassy in Turkey and as many of you, it has been 6 months since NOA2. My only concern is that I have not made a copy of the packet (I-129F) I originally sent to the USCIS. Does my fiancée need a copy and if so, do I have to contact USCIS and ask for a copy? Can someone please shed some light on this. Thank you, 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RiBe said:

does anyone have any update on US embassy in Kosovo. Most of the embassies in border countries have started accepting K1s.

Well I recommend that you go to the embassy website and see if they are open for K-1 business.

Next, I would go to the sub-forum for your region and ask others from your country to opine. Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Well I recommend that you go to the embassy website and see if they are open for K-1 business.

Next, I would go to the sub-forum for your region and ask others from your country to opine. Go to the blue ribbon above, select "forums" then scroll about 3/4 of the page down and select the region that most represents where your country is located.  

Thank you! I wasn't able to find any forums for Kosovo. I've checked the embassy website but it doesnt say much. I know they are taking interviews for the diversity visa (the gc lottery). Im just desperate for updates, they say the same thing but I'm hoping for a change since the neighbor countries have opened. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, RiBe said:

does anyone have any update on US embassy in Kosovo. Most of the embassies in border countries have started accepting K1s.

I don't have any updates on Kosovo, but I got an email on Friday from the embassy in Belgrade, Serbia that they are resuming K visas that have been waiting there since March. Our paperwork has been at the NVC since April so hopefully it will be sent to the embassy soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
3 hours ago, mryrth said:

I don't have any updates on Kosovo, but I got an email on Friday from the embassy in Belgrade, Serbia that they are resuming K visas that have been waiting there since March. Our paperwork has been at the NVC since April so hopefully it will be sent to the embassy soon.

thats awesome, congrats! Thank you for the update, I noticed that they started in Bosnia too, I hope they start in Kosovo too, its been so long. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

haven't posted here in a while but have been monitoring - Got an email today with my packet on its way. So hopefully that also gets things going for everyone. 

Timeline
On 10/27/2020 at 2:50 PM, Malcom_T said:

haven't posted here in a while but have been monitoring - Got an email today with my packet on its way. So hopefully that also gets things going for everyone. 

Well - it just changed to Ready. Wasnt expecting that. I believe that means it is currently at the embassy and just have to wait for the P3

14 hours ago, Malcom_T said:

Well - it just changed to Ready. Wasnt expecting that. I believe that means it is currently at the embassy and just have to wait for the P3

BTW have you used the DHL hack to trace your case file to your embassy? I outline the steps in the PDF on the first page in the first post. There are two "ready" conditions. First is the electronic file has been received by the embassy, and the second "ready" is the actual check in process for your physical file has been received from NVC via DHL. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

BTW have you used the DHL hack to trace your case file to your embassy? I outline the steps in the PDF on the first page in the first post. There are two "ready" conditions. First is the electronic file has been received by the embassy, and the second "ready" is the actual check in process for your physical file has been received from NVC via DHL. Good luck and stay engaged. 

That would explain my confusion! I did use the DHL hack you outlined and it shows its in transit but was surprised when the CEAC status changed to ready. Now that I am aware there are two conditions involved it makes total sense. Thank you sooo much! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone! But how can we distinguish between the "Ready" for the electronic file and the "Ready" for the physical one? Mine says ready since Sept 22nd and underneath my case number says last update Sept 24th, when my case turned from At NVC to in transit I used the DHL hack and when it said delivered my status turned to Ready, so I could assume it is already at the embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.