Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Fumero said:

Noted. Thanks..

How can I get the app to scan cases update?

Here is a list of the apps. Some will do as I have professed but I am not totally up to date on which they are. You may want to scan through the Dec NOA2 to Embassy thread as I think there has been some recent talk about the app. Good luck and stay engaged. 

I-Tunes

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lawfully-case-tracker/id1435063223

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/visa-tracker/id1320556071

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/case-tracker-for-uscis/id921827126

Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spinachsoftware.immigration.uscis.casestatus&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xiaohui.usciscasechecker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robertmm.usciscasestatus

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is a list of the apps. Some will do as I have professed but I am not totally up to date on which they are. You may want to scan through the Dec NOA2 to Embassy thread as I think there has been some recent talk about the app. Good luck and stay engaged. 

I-Tunes

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lawfully-case-tracker/id1435063223

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/visa-tracker/id1320556071

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/case-tracker-for-uscis/id921827126

Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spinachsoftware.immigration.uscis.casestatus&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xiaohui.usciscasechecker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robertmm.usciscasestatus

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
20 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You do nothing currently. The embassies are formulating their plans on how they will handle the various parts of this process. Wait till they open as you will know something closer to the opening. You should be on your embassy's website for further instructions.

Thanks as always @Greenbaum, it says in the US embassy's website in my country they wouldn't process any visa request just for the month of April however every time I pass by I see it's closed and there's only a lady in the window so I assume they're not working at all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I can not find any information on what to do next. I have a questions that I would be grateful to have clarification on.

Right now I have my case number and when I try to create a CEAC account it asks for my case number AND invoice id number. Where am i supposed to get that??

Im really confused as to where to send my affidavit of support pay fees ect.

2 hours ago, BandQ said:

I can not find any information on what to do next. I have a questions that I would be grateful to have clarification on.

Right now I have my case number and when I try to create a CEAC account it asks for my case number AND invoice id number. Where am i supposed to get that??

Im really confused as to where to send my affidavit of support pay fees ect.

58 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

@Greenbaum I received my case and inoice number from the NVC. Can I complete and submit my DS-160, or should I wait? Anything else I can do at this moment? 

If both of you were to go to the first page of this thread and the first post where you will find my tips, tricks, and hacks PDF for this stage you are in. It has answered your question there as others have asked it hence, I decided to create a PDF to address your questions, even before you ask here. If you don't understand something after reading the PDF, then post your question and I or someone else will give you clarification to address your situation. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If both of you were to go to the first page of this thread and the first post where you will find my tips, tricks, and hacks PDF for this stage you are in. It has answered your question there as others have asked it hence, I decided to create a PDF to address your questions, even before you ask here. If you don't understand something after reading the PDF, then post your question and I or someone else will give you clarification to address your situation. 

I read it. It says to complete the DS-160 after the case number is recieved. However, things are  not ordinary at the moment. So I am wondering with everything going on can I still complete this form? If I complete it now, and my petition is stuck at the NVC will it expire?

Edited by Rob Beri

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rob Beri said:

I read it. It says to complete the DS-160 after the case number is recieved. However, things are  not ordinary at the moment. So I am wondering with everything going on can I still complete this form? If I complete it now, and my petition is stuck at the NVC will it expire?

The DS-160 is good as long as your info is current it doesn’t expire

2 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

If something changes, I usually will update the PDF. Completing the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application can still be completed by you at any time.

First, they prefer that your case is interviewed within that four-month "window" indicated on the NOA2. If it is required, the NOA2 can be extended up to a year by your Embassy but with good reason and the Embassy doesn't need to extend the NOA2 for the "one" year from expiration. The new extension, if approved, will be for an additional 4 months. Extensions are in the form of 4-month extension with each approval till you reach one year. If you need to go beyond a year, then you must go to the end of the line and begin the process from I-129f over again and pay the fees. You must provide a reason for the NOA2 extension when requesting the extension from your Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

This was posted today on the US Embassy's website for Serbia.  I hope it means that they will begin processing K1 visas!  @Greenbaum, do you know if that's what it means?

Beginning June 1, the Embassy will resume offering appointments for U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarial services.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mryrth said:

This was posted today on the US Embassy's website for Serbia.  I hope it means that they will begin processing K1 visas!  @Greenbaum, do you know if that's what it means?

Beginning June 1, the Embassy will resume offering appointments for U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarial services.

In as much as i wish that were the case, I am doubtful they will be processing visa request as from the wording, it is quite specific as to what they will be doing. But that is a big sign that soon we should be looking forward to things moving along!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Ahhh I was under the impression that you need to create an account with CEAC account first to get to form Ds-160. The very first thing that the travel.state.gov website states after getting the petition approved

"After USCIS approves your petition, they will transfer your case to the Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) for pre-processing. The first step in this processing is the creation of your case in our system. Once this is complete, we will send you a Welcome Letter by e-mail or physical mail. With the information in this letter, you can log in to our Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) to check your status, receive messages, and manage your case."

I couldn't see any mention of form Ds-160 anywhere on the .gov website and figured it would be in a future step after creating a CEAC account.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Malcom_T said:

In as much as i wish that were the case, I am doubtful they will be processing visa request as from the wording, it is quite specific as to what they will be doing. But that is a big sign that soon we should be looking forward to things moving along!!

This is a screenshot from their Facebook page.  It says citizenship so maybe that's a step in the right direction!

918776434_ScreenShot2020-05-26at4_02_19PM.png.0faecbf6ae81ac6cc0f208fcdc737bad.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, BandQ said:

I couldn't see any mention of form Ds-160 anywhere on the .gov website and figured it would be in a future step after creating a CEAC account.

K1 is a immigrant visa treated as a non immigrants visa because of the conditions are based upon marriage after arrival. They kind of group us with spousal with some differences. So you will get a lot of messages that really pertain to CR-1 (automated). You don’t need to create a account just go to the ceac site and complete the DS 160 under non immigrant. You can also check the status of your case with your number just make sure to select immigrant when doing it. It’s all in the pdf as well. 

1 hour ago, mryrth said:

Yes, I agree this seems to be pointing to services being restored but they are doing it in "junks" seems to me. Simple things first then onto the more difficult services like immigration visas. Stay tuned you should be hearing something soon.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.