Greenbaum

APRIL 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

600 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

@Greenbaum  bit of research on my end is seeing a question os DS-160...

'Are you a former exchange visitor (J) who has not yet fulfilled the two-year foreign residence requirement?'

I had a J1 visa for a summer job June 18th 2018- August 31st 2018 as a sports coach then stayed till end of September travelling the USA. Does this apply to me?! Im worrying now! 

Since this I have had a H2B visa, and that was fine, but I'm confused now!

Edited by Morgan&Stacey

Proposed - December 22nd 2019

i129F sent - January 13th 2020 (Start of the lonnnng journey!)

NOA1 recieved  - January 22nd 2020

11 minutes ago, Morgan&Stacey said:

'Are you a former exchange visitor (J) who has not yet fulfilled the two-year foreign residence requirement?'

I had a J1 visa for a summer job June 18th 2018- August 31st 2018 as a sports coach then stayed till end of September travelling the USA. Does this apply to me?! Im worrying now! 

I am not well versed in that topic. I have researched it a bit and found this to be somewhere you want to start as it presents you with some questions and the information you provide will give you an answer if you are required to fulfill the two-year foreign residence requirement. I also, recommend joining this thread which could be extremely helpful in answering your questions. Good luck and stay engaged. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/142-student-exchange-visitor-visas/

Program sponsors generally inform exchange visitors about this requirement. Exchange visitors are generally also made aware of it at their visa interviews.

Are you unsure whether this requirement applies to you or your situation? You can request that the Department of State, Waiver Review Division conduct an advisory opinion. We will review your exchange visitor program documents to determine if you are subject to this requirement. See Advisory Opinions for more.

You may also take the survey available on the J Visa Waiver Online webpage. The survey will prompt you for information about yourself and your exchange visitor program. IMPORTANT NOTICE: This survey is not an official determination of whether the requirement applies to you. You must request an Advisory Opinion for an official determination.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/exchange/waiver-of-the-exchange-visitor/eligibility.html

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I am not well versed in that topic. I have researched it a bit and found this to be somewhere you want to start as it presents you with some questions and the information you provide will give you an answer if you are required to fulfill the two-year foreign residence requirement. I also, recommend joining this thread which could be extremely helpful in answering your questions. Good luck and stay engaged. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/142-student-exchange-visitor-visas/

Program sponsors generally inform exchange visitors about this requirement. Exchange visitors are generally also made aware of it at their visa interviews.

Are you unsure whether this requirement applies to you or your situation? You can request that the Department of State, Waiver Review Division conduct an advisory opinion. We will review your exchange visitor program documents to determine if you are subject to this requirement. See Advisory Opinions for more.

You may also take the survey available on the J Visa Waiver Online webpage. The survey will prompt you for information about yourself and your exchange visitor program. IMPORTANT NOTICE: This survey is not an official determination of whether the requirement applies to you. You must request an Advisory Opinion for an official determination.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/exchange/waiver-of-the-exchange-visitor/eligibility.html

Thanks for the point in the right direction there!! I figured it out and I am not subject to the 2 year!! 🥳🥳🥳

Just incase people are in the same position of me it will state it on your DS-2019 and apparently on some visas issued it will say it on you actual printed visa too, but this was not the case for me. 

Proposed - December 22nd 2019

i129F sent - January 13th 2020 (Start of the lonnnng journey!)

NOA1 recieved  - January 22nd 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 12:50 PM, Morgan&Stacey said:

Me and my fiancé have the same issue. He came on an exchange program through the University of Pittsburgh for a semester but it was all funded by him and his parents and therefore he was not subject to the 2-year rule. I read up on this and most posts have said to answer “no” to this question even if you have had a J1 visa because this just asks if you’re subject to the 2 year rule

Timeline

Called the NVC today and they received our paperwork today!  There isn't a case/invoice number just yet, but at least we know it arrived safely!

NOA 1 - December 2, 2019

NOA 2 - April 29, 2020

NVC Received - May 18, 2020

NVC Case # - HOPEFULLY SOON!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Good day! I wanted to ask something, my petition is still at the NVC, my fiancée hasn't received anything in the mail or email since they got it, I understand all visas are on hold however, our NOA2 expires by July 31st, at this point while everything is so unclear I'm afraid embassies will not be open by that date, how do I request an extension for my NOA2? Is it done by my fiancée since the file is still in the US or is it done by me even though the embassy has no record of our petition yet? Can someone walk me through it? How do I do it? Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, RoxyJen said:

Good day! I wanted to ask something, my petition is still at the NVC, my fiancée hasn't received anything in the mail or email since they got it, I understand all visas are on hold however, our NOA2 expires by July 31st, at this point while everything is so unclear I'm afraid embassies will not be open by that date, how do I request an extension for my NOA2? Is it done by my fiancée since the file is still in the US or is it done by me even though the embassy has no record of our petition yet? Can someone walk me through it? How do I do it? Thanks in advance

You do nothing currently. The embassies are formulating their plans on how they will handle the various parts of this process. Wait till they open as you will know something closer to the opening. You should be on your embassy's website for further instructions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

22 minutes ago, Safiat said:

We Received NOA1 February 25th, we are still waiting for NOA2. 😔 

Your processing time is normal. I would expect something with in the next 2-4 weeks as they are just beginning to approve some Feb's.  

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your processing time is normal. I would expect something with in the next 2-4 weeks as they are just beginning to approve some Feb's.  

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

It seem the USCIS isn’t approving petitions for now. Since last week there haven’t been any approved petition when I checked the Igor list

6 minutes ago, Fumero said:

It seem the USCIS isn’t approving petitions for now. Since last week there haven’t been any approved petition when I checked the Igor list

When responding to a long post, erase most of it except for the first paragraph and include ... Keeps the thread neater and if anyone wants to read the entire original thread they can scroll back to find it as you indicated with the three dots that there is more to that post you are replying to. Or you can use the (@) sign to bring up their nick to use to notify them that you are responding to their topic.

Igor's list is based on the VJ population. If that population does not enter their timeline then it will not appear in Igor's list. If you have the app where you can scan for case updates on cases before and after your submitted date, you'll have a more accurate table in which to ascertain your hypothesis. It's my opinion that USCIS is still processing cases as there has not been any official notice from the government that they have stopped. It's a wait and see always with this process. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Fumero said:

Yes, I noticed this last week. Nobody received approval. Thank you for the updates my profile has also been updates. 

Thank you 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

When responding to a long post, erase most of it except for the first paragraph and include ... Keeps the thread neater and if anyone wants to read the entire original thread they can scroll back to find it as you indicated with the three dots that there is more to that post you are replying to. Or you can use the (@) sign to bring up their nick to use to notify them that you are responding to their topic.

Igor's list is based on the VJ population. If that population does not enter their timeline then it will not appear in Igor's list. If you have the app where you can scan for case updates on cases before and after your submitted date, you'll have a more accurate table in which to ascertain your hypothesis. It's my opinion that USCIS is still processing cases as there has not been any official notice from the government that they have stopped. It's a wait and see always with this process. :thumbs:

Noted. Thanks..

How can I get the app to scan cases update?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.