0NI

I-944 on K2 follow to join

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone.

I am a beneficiary of a K1 visa and I have a K2 follow to join. Let's say I am already in the States (K2 still following after 6 months) and already in the stage of filing for AOS.

I am reading the instructions for the Form I-944 for the AOS

Part 2. Family Status (Your Household)

USCIS will review your family status as a factor in the public charge inadmissibility determination, which includes an assessment of your household, as defined in 8 CFR 212.21(d). The term child includes stepchildren and adopted children, as provided in INA section 101(b)(1). Item Number 1. Household. The following individuals are part of your household: 1. If you are 21 years of age or older, or under the age of 21 and married, list the following household members in Part 2., as applicable:

A. You;

B. Your spouse, if physically residing with you;

C. Your children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) physically residing with you;

D. Your other children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) not physically residing with you for whom you provide or are required to provide at least 50 percent of financial support, as evidenced by a child support order or agreement, a custody order or agreement, or any other order or agreement specifying the amount of financial support to be provided by you;

E. Any other individuals (including a spouse not physically residing with you) to whom you provide, or are required to provide, at least 50 percent of the individual’s financial support, or who are listed as a dependent on your federal income tax return; and

F. Any individual who provides to you at least 50 percent of your financial support, or who lists you as a dependent on his or her federal income tax return.

Do you include the child that is follow to join? Let's say the child is not in States while filing the I-485, do you still include her/him on the form?

If so, do you put YES or NO on this question?

Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit with you or has this individual already filed an application?

Capture5.JPG

ROC filed September 9 2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.