bolero_pa

Ed and Rosemarie on "90 Day Fiance." STD Tests - Thoughts?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not really a big concern if she worked at strip club or even as a cam girl. I don't think she did, but it doesn't matter at all. It's a young, single mother trying to survive in a very poorly-design society. What interests me is why she and her sister aren't living in the family home. Perhaps the father left the mother as is so common there.

IMO the biggest problem in PH is the lack of child support laws. The men just bounce from woman to woman to woman and wages aren't garnished. Then kids raised exclusively by the mother and grow up thinking it's normal and acceptable for men to abandon the family. In a country with such sacredness place on marriage, they sure have established the opposite of the desired effect. Perhaps it's the politicians who want to keep the status quo so they can keep creating more and more unsupported families. I joke around that I should run for President there. My platform would be mandatory child support laws and divorce made legal, especially for women from deadbeat dads. As it stands, the easiest and often only way for women to get divorced there is to convert to Islam, then get some sort of blessing from the Islamic community leader dude. The Philippines needs true change and a true leader to promote real change. Vote for me next election! 

39 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

Not really a big concern if she worked at strip club or even as a cam girl. I don't think she did, but it doesn't matter at all. It's a young, single mother trying to survive in a very poorly-design society. What interests me is why she and her sister aren't living in the family home. Perhaps the father left the mother as is so common there.

IMO the biggest problem in PH is the lack of child support laws. The men just bounce from woman to woman to woman and wages aren't garnished. Then kids raised exclusively by the mother and grow up thinking it's normal and acceptable for men to abandon the family. In a country with such sacredness place on marriage, they sure have established the opposite of the desired effect. Perhaps it's the politicians who want to keep the status quo so they can keep creating more and more unsupported families. I joke around that I should run for President there. My platform would be mandatory child support laws and divorce made legal, especially for women from deadbeat dads. As it stands, the easiest and often only way for women to get divorced there is to convert to Islam, then get some sort of blessing from the Islamic community leader dude. The Philippines needs true change and a true leader to promote real change. Vote for me next election! 

This is true for people to divorce and to marry someone else. But this does not work for US immigration now. This "loophole" got closed a couple years ago at the behest of the Philippine government. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Even without the immigration process being in the mix, an islamic divorce doesn't fly in the Philippines unless married under the same rules.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

17 hours ago, bolero_pa said:

My wife and I were discussing the same thing. It is pretty obvious that she has had it rough.

Finally done...

Her tattoo's seem to be very well done..ie not cheap..and while she's not that great looking, she could find a better catch than Ed...unless she has a past that maybe someone more attractive than Ed would move on to something better.  Not saying either one is not a good person...they may be.  But in practical terms, she could do better if not for x and he could do better if not his looks, age, x.  x=things not known, past.

I'm very blessed with my wife and she is very blessed with me.  Some men here treat their Filipino wives not too good or they are just slobs.  I feel sorry for the women who have to put up with that..but dealing with an obnoxious American male is preferable to sleeping on cardboard on the street.  But still, I think Rose could do better if she had a cleaner past.

Just my .02.

jj

11 hours ago, 2018JNJ said:

Her tattoo's seem to be very well done..ie not cheap..and while she's not that great looking, she could find a better catch than Ed...unless she has a past that maybe someone more attractive than Ed would move on to something better.  Not saying either one is not a good person...they may be.  But in practical terms, she could do better if not for x and he could do better if not his looks, age, x.  x=things not known, past.

I'm very blessed with my wife and she is very blessed with me.  Some men here treat their Filipino wives not too good or they are just slobs.  I feel sorry for the women who have to put up with that..but dealing with an obnoxious American male is preferable to sleeping on cardboard on the street.  But still, I think Rose could do better if she had a cleaner past.

Just my .02.

jj

I will tell you what the X factor is that is holding back...... The son is holding her back from really moving forward in life to something better. 

I know a several guys that are like that in the local Filipino community. One guy is pretty decent but is just so jealous of her seeing other guys that it's crazy. She can't have the blinds open during the day because she might be looking at the guy across the street. He installed the Ring door camera supposedly for "security" but honestly I think it's so that he can see who comes to the door. 

The other guy I feel bad for because he got blown up in Iraq and has some bad PTSD. So he gives his wife ####### when he gets bad. 

To the OP: "a typical American-Filipina K-1 relationship" - I disagree. I would say this relationship is atypical. Here's where Ed's trust is required. The girl refuses to talk about her past relationships and so Ed requires a test that will not lie or will not be silent. It will reveal things that she refuses to discuss. What if she has HIV? Would Ed want to know that before or after marriage? 

To John: He didn't understand how much she was taking out of his wallet. He was already on edge about money because the sister was hitting him up for pesos. He wanted her to slow down and help him understand how much each item was. 

To Loren Y: Did you actually watch the episodes? He said he would get an STD test in the States. He didn't trust the medical facilities (cleanliness, needles, etc) in the Philippines.

To boris64: It will work out. The man is desperate for a relationship. He wears his heart on his sleeve. 

To: 2018JNJ : Where did you come up with the "performer" title? A tattoo means that she's a "performer"? All Filipina women with tattoos are "performers"? Get real. 

Timeline

The number of people that have come through here with tattoos .. list is long .. and the vast majority are just people who like tattoos.    Most common question I receive about tattoos is - "Will the tattoos cause an issue during the medical?"

You should find the topic on here from/about a guy that found "true love" with a filipina he met in a bar ....  and he refused to listen to anyone here.     

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He promised her 2 children and then wants to get a vasectomy without her knowing. The dude's a snake and she should run for the hills!

22 minutes ago, Girandola said:

He promised her 2 children and then wants to get a vasectomy without her knowing. The dude's a snake and she should run for the hills!

Agreed, plus he has no grasp on the differences between California and the Philippines, he seems overly self-centered to be considering this,  Rose seems to be a sincere character

17 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Agreed, plus he has no grasp on the differences between California and the Philippines, he seems overly self-centered to be considering this,  Rose seems to be a sincere character

California is the Mecca for Filipino emigres.  It will take her no time before she latches on to a group of Filipinas who will rescue her from his dumb butt.  I have seen it happen here in St. Louis twice already. The are like a self supporting social service network.

Finally done...

Timeline

Some groups are known for leading a good filipina astray also ... depends on the group.   I have seen that happen.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Some groups are known for leading a good filipina astray also ... depends on the group.   I have seen that happen.

2 hours ago, boris64 said:

California is the Mecca for Filipino emigres.  It will take her no time before she latches on to a group of Filipinas who will rescue her from his dumb butt.  I have seen it happen here in St. Louis twice already. The are like a self supporting social service network.

As @Hank_ has said we have seen it happen on here a few times where a good wife was led astray by her so called "friends"

13 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

As @Hank_ has said we have seen it happen on here a few times where a good wife was led astray by her so called "friends"

Not limited to Filipinas 

14 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Not limited to Filipinas 

True... But we are on the Philippines subforum so that's why I was talking about Filipinas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.