19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there,

I just received my whole packet back in the mail today after it was rejected (due to an error on my part!) 😭 they sent it back to me very differently than how I sent it in, no folders just papers stapled together (forms and evidence etc.). My question is to anyone that had their AOS packet rejected and sent back, when you refiled did you just send everything back in the same way they returned it to you? Or did you have to regroup everything the way you originally sent it and prepare in separate folders? I'm going to try and call the contact office tomorrow but thought I'd ask if anyone here could give me advice.

TIA! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, AlanaM said:

Hi there,

I just received my whole packet back in the mail today after it was rejected (due to an error on my part!) 😭 they sent it back to me very differently than how I sent it in, no folders just papers stapled together (forms and evidence etc.). My question is to anyone that had their AOS packet rejected and sent back, when you refiled did you just send everything back in the same way they returned it to you? Or did you have to regroup everything the way you originally sent it and prepare in separate folders? I'm going to try and call the contact office tomorrow but thought I'd ask if anyone here could give me advice.

TIA! 

They took it apart and assembled it the way they did for a reason.   If you take it apart and reassemble it in your way,  you just made someone's job harder 

YMMV

Timeline
15 minutes ago, payxibka said:

They took it apart and assembled it the way they did for a reason.   If you take it apart and reassemble it in your way,  you just made someone's job harder 

Thank you for your reply! I'd rather not take it apart and would be more than happy to leave it the way they returned it. Just wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do!

Timeline
1 minute ago, AlanaM said:

Thank you for your reply! I'd rather not take it apart and would be more than happy to leave it the way they returned it. Just wanted to make sure that was the right thing to do!

Correct,  don't take it apart and yes, it is the right thing to do 

YMMV

sending it in folders isn't the way the wanted it to begin with.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
14 hours ago, payxibka said:

Correct,  don't take it apart and yes, it is the right thing to do 

Should I keep the I-797c, Notice of Action forms with the packet when I return it? Thanks again for your help!

Timeline
Just now, AlanaM said:

Should I keep the I-797c, Notice of Action forms with the packet when I return it? Thanks again for your help!

If you want to submit a copy, that of course is your decision.   The original is yours to frame and display on the wall

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 hours ago, AlanaM said:

I’m sure the notice said to attach the i797 when resubmitting 

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, AlanaM said:

Hi there,

TIA! 

Hi, can you please shared with us what errors you made? it might help us to avoid the same mistakes you made. really appreciate

Timeline
1 hour ago, karenliao546 said:

Hi, can you please shared with us what errors you made? it might help us to avoid the same mistakes you made. really appreciate

Hi! My application was rejected twice. The first because I used the outdated I-485 form (make sure you check the dates on all the forms you send - it's easy to overlook!) and I accidentally wrote out the wrong amount on my check. The second rejection was due to my I-944 being incomplete (the rejection notice implied that it included the I-485, I-864 and I-944). I re-printed all 3 forms and their instructions and read back over everything multiple times. I also made sure to write N/A in any section that I had left blank (which was quite a lot in the I-944). I had also missed a few pieces of evidence in regards to the I-944 which I was able to rectify (health insurance info and proof of language). I am hoping that third time is the charm and I get accepted 🤞

3 minutes ago, AlanaM said:

Hi! My application was rejected twice. The first because I used the outdated I-485 form (make sure you check the dates on all the forms you send - it's easy to overlook!) and I accidentally wrote out the wrong amount on my check. The second rejection was due to my I-944 being incomplete (the rejection notice implied that it included the I-485, I-864 and I-944). I re-printed all 3 forms and their instructions and read back over everything multiple times. I also made sure to write N/A in any section that I had left blank (which was quite a lot in the I-944). I had also missed a few pieces of evidence in regards to the I-944 which I was able to rectify (health insurance info and proof of language). I am hoping that third time is the charm and I get accepted 🤞

thanks for your response. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, AlanaM said:

Hi, I had the same case. My application was rejected for using the outdated version of the I-485. I too received a huge package with everything stapled in some order. What I did was, I reprinted fresh applications, all other relevant proofs, put them in the seperate folders like I did in my first attempt and shipped. I even checked with a lawyer online before doing it. He said he has done both ways, sending everything as it is along with the corrected form as well as printing everything fresh. I made sure I placed that 'green letter' they sent which should be absolutely on top of your bundle. I also attached copies of NOAs rejections marked as FYI. In less than two weeks of shipping the letters via USPS, we received NOA texts and money was charged. 4 days later we received the NOAs letters via USPS. I agree, putting N/A in I-944 is better than nothing. I believe its a challenge for the USCIS too as this is a new form.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

My application was rejected for using the outdated version of the I-485. I have some difficulties why filing the form I-944. I hope someone will be able to answer my questions. My household income is above the poverty guide line. Should i still provide my household assets and resources ? Does someone also has difficulties accessing the tax transcript on IRS website?

Thanks in advance for our help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sophie S. said:

. My household income is above the poverty guide line. Should i still provide my household assets and resources ? Does someone also has difficulties accessing the tax transcript on IRS website?

I am the sponsor of my husband, and my income is well above the poverty line. I did NOT provide any assets info, neither mine nor my husband’s. Just my income, tax transcript, paystubs. And no, I did not have difficulty accessing the tax transcript on IRS site. Do you have an online account there? If you do, I don’t understand why it should be a problem. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sophie S. said:

Hi!

My application was rejected for using the outdated version of the I-485. I have some difficulties why filing the form I-944. I hope someone will be able to answer my questions. My household income is above the poverty guide line. Should i still provide my household assets and resources ? Does someone also has difficulties accessing the tax transcript on IRS website?

We did declare the assets and debts, in addition to the yearly income, which is above the limit. No, we didn't have any problem accessing the IRS transcripts. You should be able to access it if you have SSN and address matches as per your recent filing(s). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.