8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi fellas, So I sent my Concurrent file on 3/10, and the post office lady mention that the package should be delivered by Thursday 3/12. I keep track the status and it says arrived at the USPS regional distribution facility on Thursday 3/12 (in transit to the next USPS facility) one, two, three days the status didn't change. on 3/16 the status has change to another IN TRANSIT TO THE NEXT USPS FACILITY...fine!! on 3/17 I filed the request inquiry to the USPS explaining the situation. this morning I received an email from USPS customer service saying that " I am sorry to learn that your mail item has not reached its delivering facility bla...bla...bla..Due to the many variables that may have caused your item no updated tracking events, we are unable to determine its current status. if your item was damaged on our high-speed sorting equipment, it is not retrievable."😡im start getting pissed after read that email!!

oh well, I start doing my petition again from zero, I contact my doctor office asking if I can get my medical record. before I'm heading to the doctor office I check my mailbox and found a large white envelope from USCIS Chicago Lockbox when I opened up, I found a photo album that I submitted along with my documents. there is a letter saying "Dear sir/madam, we are returning an item(s) you sent in support of your application/petition, as it is a format we cannot place in your file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process"😐

so I now start confused if the USCIS was actually received the package???🤔

has anyone here ever experience this situation?? should I worried though?? should I just wait one more week or just go ahead mail another package??? I would appreciate for any answer from you guys🙏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Bianca1718 said:

Hi fellas, So I sent my Concurrent file on 3/10, and the post office lady mention that the package should be delivered by Thursday 3/12. I keep track the status and it says arrived at the USPS regional distribution facility on Thursday 3/12 (in transit to the next USPS facility) one, two, three days the status didn't change. on 3/16 the status has change to another IN TRANSIT TO THE NEXT USPS FACILITY...fine!! on 3/17 I filed the request inquiry to the USPS explaining the situation. this morning I received an email from USPS customer service saying that " I am sorry to learn that your mail item has not reached its delivering facility bla...bla...bla..Due to the many variables that may have caused your item no updated tracking events, we are unable to determine its current status. if your item was damaged on our high-speed sorting equipment, it is not retrievable."😡im start getting pissed after read that email!!

oh well, I start doing my petition again from zero, I contact my doctor office asking if I can get my medical record. before I'm heading to the doctor office I check my mailbox and found a large white envelope from USCIS Chicago Lockbox when I opened up, I found a photo album that I submitted along with my documents. there is a letter saying "Dear sir/madam, we are returning an item(s) you sent in support of your application/petition, as it is a format we cannot place in your file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process"😐

so I now start confused if the USCIS was actually received the package???🤔

has anyone here ever experience this situation?? should I worried though?? should I just wait one more week or just go ahead mail another package??? I would appreciate for any answer from you guys🙏

They don't want photo albums, 

YMMV

Timeline
49 minutes ago, payxibka said:

They don't want photo albums, 

ok but my concern is, do you think they already received my whole package though?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bianca1718 said:

ok but my concern is, do you think they already received my whole package though?

Was it all in the same package?

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Was it all in the same package?

yes, they all in the same package!! I wonder why the USCIS haven't send me the receipt notice nor any notification since I put G-1145 on every file I submitted.

Did they keep anything? It sounds to me as if it was rejected the entire package. I do not think they comb through the submissions enough to remove and remit to sender. 

this is just my opinion I really do not know

Timeline
5 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Did they keep anything? It sounds to me as if it was rejected the entire package. I do not think they comb through the submissions enough to remove and remit to sender. 

this is just my opinion I really do not know

They do when something is submitted that they cannot pass forward to the service center 

YMMV

Hi!

The exact same thing happened to me when I submitted my OPT application in January -- the same "in transit to it's next destination" message without a delivery confirmation. I received my approved OPT EAD in the mail last week. I just checked the tracking status on that same application: it still says in transit 🤣 (I attached it here for you to see, haha). My best guess is that the USPS worker forgot to scan it when it was delivered.

Waiting for those texts is torture, but try to be patient. If it exceeds the 30 days, then try and contact the lockbox with the information on the website. The fact that you got the album returned suggests to me that they did in fact receive your application and are still working on getting it processed into the system :) 

Good luck!!

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 8.02.10 PM.png

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.