Newhawaiki

Any Aussies that left Australia?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Newhawaiki said:

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I would imagine Australia will have arrangements for those with expiring visa's.

it’s called return home before your visa expires .. just like here in the US 

1 minute ago, Newhawaiki said:

Yes I looked into it and they do. You have to prove (with paperwork) that you either can't make it home due to the flights being cancelled, that your country's border has closed, or that you are medically unable to travel. 

Since my flight is still leaving back to the U.S. next week (I believe) I am legally bound to leave the country on that flight. If that somehow gets cancelled then I can apply for the waiver. I could be wrong but this is how much I know at the moment.

Correct. At the moment you can leave .. so you must. 

Timeline

Australian spousal visa application .. conditional for first 2 years .. cost is $7700+ and processing time is 26-36 months. You need to remain in AUSTRALIA while it is processing. 
Your application would need to be filed before your visitor visa expires .. 😳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Australian spousal visa application .. conditional for first 2 years .. cost is $7700+ and processing time is 26-36 months. You need to remain in AUSTRALIA while it is processing. 
Your application would need to be filed before your visitor visa expires .. 😳

We're now seriously looking at this option. How viable is it to get married and apply for the bridging visa? I looked it up and it said that getting married was a condition to get a bridging visa, I'm absolutely out of my depth of field here so I apologize if I'm being utterly ignorant but someone just suggested getting married to us.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Newhawaiki said:

We're now seriously looking at this option. How viable is it to get married and apply for the bridging visa? I looked it up and it said that getting married was a condition to get a bridging visa, I'm absolutely out of my depth of field here so I apologize if I'm being utterly ignorant but someone just suggested getting married to us.

I have no personal knowledge of the process .. my husband and I are both aussie so I didn’t ever need it ! My concern would be that you  need to still be in valid visa conditions when you applied .. and your time line is very short to get everything completed, gathering paperwork .. I doubt you have your birth certificate with you .. and filed before you period of stay runs out 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lil bear said:

I have no personal knowledge of the process .. my husband and I are both aussie so I didn’t ever need it ! My concern would be that you  need to still be in valid visa conditions when you applied .. and your time line is very short to get everything completed, gathering paperwork .. I doubt you have your birth certificate with you .. and filed before you period of stay runs out 

I have my birth certificate with me! I wonder if I could use/reuse evidence of the copy of the I-129F i sent in.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Newhawaiki said:

I have my birth certificate with me! I wonder if I could use/reuse evidence of the copy of the I-129F i sent in.

Doubt it. They will want marriage certificate not evidence of a relationship like the fiance application needs. You need to read the AUST website info and look at the form 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.