randomperson2

Passport for AOS? (merged)

66 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't mean to be shamed or anything and i don't know if this is the right forum but but here's my story. I tried renewing my Philippine Passport last year, but i got scared and backed out cause i don't know if they'll approve  my first time passport application and i got scared cause i was interrogated by the clerk si ileft it without renewing. My story is I came to the United States in June 2001, I was 5 back then. It is just today that my Mother admitted to me how i was actually smuggled to the US. Back in early 2000 "Baklas Passport" or Fraudulent Passports was very common in the Philippines, I used a passport (Philippine Passport) in my Cousin's Name and my picture furnished with a H4 Visa, the passport was sent back to philippines before the release of MRP Passports and my cousin has since got a new passport under his picture and identity, He told me that he still has that passport as well as the one my mom used. I know i qualify for DACA but i haven't applied because i don't have travel documents and it is expensive hiring a lawyer. I am now married to a US Citizen for 5 years already and i now have the courage to apply for AOS.  The teller back then told me and interrogated me on how i came to the United States but not knowing back then, I couldn't answer as to why it was a first time application. I have a Birth Certificate and ID/s under my real name and Identity. My mother also came on Assumed Identity documents (her sister's) and also returned the passport. Do i have a chance in passport and AOS?

Edited by Penguin_ie

January 5, 2001 - Entered in San Francisco International Airport with an H4 Visa (H2b Dependant)

January 15, 2003- H4 Visa Legal Status Expired, as well as H2b Status of my mom

November 1999 to November 2004 - Validity of Fraudalent Philippine Passport used in entry.

January 20, 2015 - Got a License from DMV San Francisco (Non RealID Compliant), Federal Limits Applies

December 15, 2015 - Got Married (Wife is an LPR) 

October 13, 2016- First Child is Born (US Citizen)

November 21, 2016 - Received an iTIN 

July 2017- Wife's Naturalization Ceremony

-----------------------

April 5, 2020- Applied for a Philippine Passport under my real name

April 20, 2020- Submitted I-130, I-485, Fraud Waiver, Waiver, Copies of old I-94 (2001)

May 22, 2020- Received New Passport

June 8, 2020- Received NOA1 

3 hours ago, randomperson2 said:

I don't mean to be shamed or anything and i don't know if this is the right forum but but here's my story. I tried renewing my Philippine Passport last year, but i got scared and backed out cause i don't know if they'll approve  my first time passport application and i got scared cause i was interrogated by the clerk si ileft it without renewing. My story is I came to the United States in June 2001, I was 5 back then. It is just today that my Mother admitted to me how i was actually smuggled to the US. Back in early 2000 "Baklas Passport" or Fraudulent Passports was very common in the Philippines, I used a passport (Philippine Passport) in my Cousin's Name and my picture furnished with a H4 Visa, the passport was sent back to philippines before the release of MRP Passports and my cousin has since got a new passport under his picture and identity, He told me that he still has that passport as well as the one my mom used. I know i qualify for DACA but i haven't applied because i don't have travel documents and it is expensive hiring a lawyer. I am now married to a US Citizen for 5 years already and i now have the courage to apply for AOS.  The teller back then told me and interrogated me on how i came to the United States but not knowing back then, I couldn't answer as to why it was a first time application. I have a Birth Certificate and ID/s under my real name and Identity. My mother also came on Assumed Identity documents (her sister's) and also returned the passport. Do i have a chance in passport and AOS?

First off you need to get a passport in order to have valid documentation for you. Also you need to be able to stand up for yourself to the consulate/embassy officials. If you can't stand up for yourself to your kabayan then how do you expect to do it to a immigration official? Are the names in the passport and your birth certificate different? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

To adjust in country you will need to demonstrate that your entry was inspected.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, randomperson2 said:

I know i qualify for DACA

You used to qualify for DACA but you can not file a new DACA unless you have had an expired DACA.

You are going to need to obtain travel documents and prepare to file waivers.   It will be best to obtain the Filipino Passport ASAP.   This isn't really DYI.  You need an attorney.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

Unclear if a waiver will be needed. I doubt they would need a waiver for Misrep for a 5 year old?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Unclear if a waiver will be needed. I doubt they would need a waiver for Misrep for a 5 year old?

I'd try and get in touch with an attorney, at the meantime my cousin will send the passport me and my mom used 17 years ago, maybe it'll help. Our point of entry was in SFO, I've been here ever since. I do hope to be legalized, so my mother can be. Plus I've been here since im a kid. I don't really know any country besides here, i don't even know our language. 

January 5, 2001 - Entered in San Francisco International Airport with an H4 Visa (H2b Dependant)

November 1999 to November 2004 - Validity of Fraudalent Philippine Passport used in entry.

January 20, 2015 - Got a License from DMV San Francisco (Non RealID Compliant), Federal Limits Applies

-----------------------

April 20, 2020- Submitted I-130, I-485, Fraud Waiver, Waiver, Copies of old I-94 (2001)

Timeline
6 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

First off you need to get a passport in order to have valid documentation for you. Also you need to be able to stand up for yourself to the consulate/embassy officials. If you can't stand up for yourself to your kabayan then how do you expect to do it to a immigration official? Are the names in the passport and your birth certificate different? 

when me and my mother came through SFO, we used a "Baklas" Passport according to her it is also known as Assumed or Fake Identity Passport, the Passport was named after my cousin and aunt cause my mom used my aunt's credentials in order to sexure a job in the first place. I am currently in college and i have a College ID and a DMV License (not a realid version)  under my real name, the one on my birth certificate. But other than that i have no other forms of identification. I'll try and go to the consulate again after the lockdown

-----------------------

Timeline
9 hours ago, randomperson2 said:

I tried renewing my Philippine Passport last year, but i got scared and backed out 

not renewing but "Getting a New Passport" and it is a first time application for me. 

-----------------------

Timeline
11 minutes ago, randomperson2 said:

when me and my mother came through SFO, we used a "Baklas" Passport according to her it is also known as Assumed or Fake Identity Passport, the Passport was named after my cousin and aunt cause my mom used my aunt's credentials in order to secure a job in the first place. I am currently in college and i have a College ID and a DMV License (not a realid version)  under my real name, the one on my birth certificate. But other than that i have no other forms of identification. I'll try and go to the consulate again after the lockdown

18 minutes ago, randomperson2 said:

I'd try and get in touch with an attorney, at the meantime my cousin will send the passport me and my mom used 17 years ago, maybe it'll help. Our point of entry was in SFO, I've been here ever since. I do hope to be legalized, so my mother can be. Plus I've been here since im a kid. I don't really know any country besides here, i don't even know our language. 

The only thing you mention out of the norm is proving you were inspected, the old passport.

Just to be absolutely clear sorting out your situation would have no impact on your Mothers position, that is down to her. Certainly in the past they have not included ones own children in the definition of human smuggling so she should not be impacted by that, now overstay and misrepresentation is another issue and obviously depends if she has any route and what that route might be.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, randomperson2 said:

not renewing but "Getting a New Passport" and it is a first time application for me. 

I have no idea how you go about getting a PI passport, maybe something for the PI forum? You have 2 very distinct issues.

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I have no idea how you go about getting a PI passport, maybe something for the PI forum? You have 2 very distinct issues.

Exactly and this first issue will require a lawyer in order to do AOS. The other issue in regards to the passport can be done but considering it's the Philippine embassy it will still be a pain in the neck

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Exactly and this first issue will require a lawyer in order to do AOS. The other issue in regards to the passport can be done but considering it's the Philippine embassy it will still be a pain in the neck

I have seen a few cases where somebody entered with forged documents as a child and as long as they were able to show they were inspected they seemed to have adjusted without issues. The Mother is totally different and may not have options.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Boiler said:

I have seen a few cases where somebody entered with forged documents as a child and as long as they were able to show they were inspected they seemed to have adjusted without issues. The Mother is totally different and may not have options.

I guess I'll convince my mom to come home and face the 10 year bar, if that'll allow her to be petitioned, if ever im legal by then. 

-----------------------

Timeline
10 hours ago, Boiler said:

It's my mothers choice. I'm just a kid back then sith no own decisions, I grew up thinking im an american it's only when im 17 when i knew of my undocumented status. It is not my choice to be trapped with no options as my mother paved it that way for me. 

-----------------------

Timeline
19 minutes ago, randomperson2 said:

I guess I'll convince my mom to come home and face the 10 year bar, if that'll allow her to be petitioned, if ever im legal by then. 

That would be one option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.