Gerald01

Does this mean the Expedite Request was approved?

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

We have contacted USCIS by phone to request an expedite request. (Humanitarian reasons)

The day after they sent us an email asking for evidence.

The next day we received the following email:

We have received the requested evidence.  The documentation submitted meets the requirements for expedited processing of your application. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 45 days.

From our understanding it means the expedite request was approved, however, the last part of the email confuses us. "You should receive  a decision or notice...", Does that mean a decision for our i130 for being approved / RFE, etc or a decision if the I130 expedite request is Approved ?

Has anyone received that reply after sending the evidence and can assure its approved?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I see nothing to indicate an official approval....good luck.

"You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 45 days."

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

39 minutes ago, Gerald01 said:

Hello!

We have contacted USCIS by phone to request an expedite request. (Humanitarian reasons)

We have received the requested evidence.  The documentation submitted meets the requirements for expedited processing of your application. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 45 days.

From our understanding it means the expedite request was approved, however, the last part of the email confuses us. "You should receive  a decision or notice...", Does that mean a decision for our i130 for being approved / RFE, etc or a decision if the I130 expedite request is Approved ?

Has anyone received that reply after sending the evidence and can assure its approved?

Thanks in advance!

it means your expedited request was approved and does not mean your petition is approved. It means they will adjudicate in 45 days 

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not an approval yet, I did an expedite also, different reason, but same process, after you send in the required evidence you should get a response pretty quickly, 2 days after I faxed everything to the number they sent, I got a notification card was being produced and had everything in the mail a week later. But now with all the offices closed, I doubt things are going to happen that fast.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

49 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Not an approval yet, I did an expedite also, different reason, but same process, after you send in the required evidence you should get a response pretty quickly, 2 days after I faxed everything to the number they sent, I got a notification card was being produced and had everything in the mail a week later. But now with all the offices closed, I doubt things are going to happen that fast.

Thank you ALL for your replies!

@Loren YI know that this is not mean an approval of the I130 form for the CR1 Visa. However, according to you, the email I received means the Expedite Request (not the i130 request) was approved and not denied? Or should I wait and expect for another email stating if the request for expedite is approved?

thanks again to all!

Hello I submitted for my husband visa to be expedited on

2/27/202

3/9/2020 I received a email stating they received my request and is being reviewed 

3/17/2020 I got a email clearly stating it was approved and should hear from the embassy soon to schedule the interview 

A067E959-C691-427A-A58D-2384C234A264.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure any Consulate is scheduling interview currently.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, Gerald01 said:

Hello!

Thanks in advance!

I think it means approval as id  it wasn’t you would get the email with denial, my friend got the denied request last year in 2 days after expedited request.

do you mind sharing the reason of your expedite request please?

thanks

On 3/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, Loren Y said:

Hi, tell me please, what was the reason of your expedited request? Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Phoenix777 said:

Hi, tell me please, what was the reason of your expedited request? Thanks

We requested because of financial hardship, as my wife needed an emergency appendectomy and we ended up with a 60,000 dollar hospital bill that initially the insurance company was denying to pay, so we sent in proof of that, and the whole process took about a month from the phone call to card in the mailbox.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.