8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife came to the US on a Fiance Visa in July 2009, and sometime in the year that followed she filed a Petition for her Son.  He was and still is an Unmarried Son over the age 21, and the Petition was approved quickly.  We received a Priority Date of Jan 13 2010.  My wife is from the Philippines, so the number of years to wait for an "Available Visa" back then was about 12 years.  This July will mark her 11th anniversary married to me and living in the USA, and the April Visa Bulletin shows a Priority Date for F2B of February 01, 2010.  That means we have finally, and a bit under the original 12 years, reached her Son's Priority date.  If April Visa Bulletin shows Feb. 1, 2010, and his Priority Date is Jan 13, 2010, I imagine that technically his date will come up sometime between today and April 1.

I don't know what we do now.  We have never heard from the National Visa Center, ever since my wife's approved Petition was forwarded there from USCIS over ten years ago.  We moved once from our original address about four years ago, and I mailed the National Visa Center about three months ago to update our address.  I never heard a peep from them after that letter was delivered either.  I tried calling them a few times over the last year, but they never answer the phone.  It seems the only way to communicate with them is by mail.

Can anyone enlighten me on the process, now that the Priority Date is upon us.  Is it our responsibility to complete a form and send it to them asking for the supposedly now Available Visa?  Do we do nothing and expect that magically the NVS will awaken out of a decade long sleep and contact us?  Should her Son be receiving something from them instead of us?  He just moved within the same city in the Philippines, and in the letter I sent to the NVS three months ago I also updated that.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

So his son is under F2B Category with a priority date of  January 13, 2010. then you should have received NVC's welcome letter or instruction. Please write to NVC while keep on calling at the same time, if you will be lucky then  ask for the invoice number to start the process. My brothers F2B priority date (March 14, 2010) and last May 06, 2020 we received the welcome or instruction letter that has invoice number via email. We updated my moms email two months before we received this letter. My mom or my brothers did not receive any physical mail. Another member here also have a priority date of March 2010 and did not received any physical mail or email but her sister called NVC patiently and was given an invoice number that is needed to start the process.

Once you have the invoice number then you can go ahead and log in to CEAC, try or give it 72 hours upon receiving the number if it do not work as per letter via email it says so, although some were able to log in right away. Once you are logged in, then it will show PAY $120 FOR AOS THEN $325.00 FOR IV FEE. AFTER 2 DAYS LOG IN BACK AND SEE IF IT HAS A NOTE PAID, IF SO, IT WILL SHOW   " START NOW IN RED". NOW FOR AOS, YOU WILL NEED AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT THEN PROOF OF INCOME SUCH AS LATEST TAX TRANSCRIPTS OR LATEST TAX RETURN AND OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENT LIKE GREEN CARD COPY. AND FOR IV PROCESSING IT WILL SHOW " START NOW IN RED" WHERE YOU CAN START ANSWERING DS 260, A FORM WHERE IT ASK PERSONAL DETAILS SUCH NAME OF IMMIGRANT/BENEFICIARY INFORMATION THE NEXT WILL BE SUBMISSION OF CIVIL DOCUMENTS.

NOTE: READ, ANSWER,PRINT, SIGN,SCAN AND UPLOAD DOCUMENTS FOR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT. ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE FILES THAT AREACCEPTABLE ARE JPEG/JPG/PDF FILES, WHERE IN THEY PREFER PDF FILES, MERGE MULTIPLE FILES INTO ONE THEN COMPRESS BEFORE UPLOADING LARGE FILES.

My best regards and Good luck, NG

Here is an overview for the following process:

Reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-3-pay-fees.html

Edited by nelmagriffin
error

15 hours ago, wizzard166 said:

We moved once from our original address about four years ago, and I mailed the National Visa Center about three months ago to update our address

it is highly, highly  likely you missed something that was mailed between 4 years and 3 months ago, you should have updated the address when you moved. As above, contact NVC

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 6:43 PM, wizzard166 said:

My wife came to the US on a Fiance Visa in July 2009, and sometime in the year that followed she filed a Petition for her Son.  He was and still is an Unmarried Son over the age 21, and the Petition was approved quickly.  We received a Priority Date of Jan 13 2010.  My wife is from the Philippines, so the number of years to wait for an "Available Visa" back then was about 12 years.  This July will mark her 11th anniversary married to me and living in the USA, and the April Visa Bulletin shows a Priority Date for F2B of February 01, 2010.  That means we have finally, and a bit under the original 12 years, reached her Son's Priority date.  If April Visa Bulletin shows Feb. 1, 2010, and his Priority Date is Jan 13, 2010, I imagine that technically his date will come up sometime between today and April 1.

I don't know what we do now.  We have never heard from the National Visa Center, ever since my wife's approved Petition was forwarded there from USCIS over ten years ago.  We moved once from our original address about four years ago, and I mailed the National Visa Center about three months ago to update our address.  I never heard a peep from them after that letter was delivered either.  I tried calling them a few times over the last year, but they never answer the phone.  It seems the only way to communicate with them is by mail.

Can anyone enlighten me on the process, now that the Priority Date is upon us.  Is it our responsibility to complete a form and send it to them asking for the supposedly now Available Visa?  Do we do nothing and expect that magically the NVS will awaken out of a decade long sleep and contact us?  Should her Son be receiving something from them instead of us?  He just moved within the same city in the Philippines, and in the letter I sent to the NVS three months ago I also updated that.

call NVC 50 times in a row, you will hear a different message in one of those calls, be prepared to wait, I had to wait over 2 hours to get an answer.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

call NVC 50 times in a row, you will hear a different message in one of those calls, be prepared to wait, I had to wait over 2 hours to get an answer.

Does anyone know the correct number for me to keep calling the NVC?

Timeline
On 3/17/2020 at 8:34 AM, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

So his son is under F2B Category with a priority date of  January 13, 2010. then you should have received NVC's welcome letter or instruction. Please write to NVC while keep on calling at the same time, if you will be lucky then  ask for the invoice number to start the process. My brothers F2B priority date (March 14, 2010) and last May 06, 2020 we received the welcome or instruction letter that has invoice number via email. We updated my moms email two months before we received this letter. My mom or my brothers did not receive any physical mail. Another member here also have a priority date of March 2010 and did not received any physical mail or email but her sister called NVC patiently and was given an invoice number that is needed to start the process.

Once you have the invoice number then you can go ahead and log in to CEAC, try or give it 72 hours upon receiving the number if it do not work as per letter via email it says so, although some were able to log in right away. Once you are logged in, then it will show PAY $120 FOR AOS THEN $325.00 FOR IV FEE. AFTER 2 DAYS LOG IN BACK AND SEE IF IT HAS A NOTE PAID, IF SO, IT WILL SHOW   " START NOW IN RED". NOW FOR AOS, YOU WILL NEED AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT THEN PROOF OF INCOME SUCH AS LATEST TAX TRANSCRIPTS OR LATEST TAX RETURN AND OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENT LIKE GREEN CARD COPY. AND FOR IV PROCESSING IT WILL SHOW " START NOW IN RED" WHERE YOU CAN START ANSWERING DS 260, A FORM WHERE IT ASK PERSONAL DETAILS SUCH NAME OF IMMIGRANT/BENEFICIARY INFORMATION THE NEXT WILL BE SUBMISSION OF CIVIL DOCUMENTS.

NOTE: READ, ANSWER,PRINT, SIGN,SCAN AND UPLOAD DOCUMENTS FOR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT. ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE FILES THAT AREACCEPTABLE ARE JPEG/JPG/PDF FILES, WHERE IN THEY PREFER PDF FILES, MERGE MULTIPLE FILES INTO ONE THEN COMPRESS BEFORE UPLOADING LARGE FILES.

My best regards and Good luck, NG

Here is an overview for the following process:

Reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-3-pay-fees.html

Thank you for all of the information.  I called yesterday and stayed on hold for about 90 minutes, when a nice woman came on and helped me deal with all of this.  In essence I should have updated them with address changes and my wife gaining citizenship, but I can do that through notification now.  I had originally called USCIS when she became a citizen five years ago, but they said it was our option to change her status from F2B or not to change it on the original Petition.  Since back then F2B actually had a shorter wait time to reach his Priority Date by almost two years, it made sense to not request a change in her status.  The NVC woman said they were wrong and we needed to update it.  Go figure.  In any case today the wait times have been reached by both F2B and Citizen, so it doesnt really matter anymore.  She gave me the Case Number and the Invoice Number, so now I can create the account and go forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.