elmcitymaven

For those who have recently had early morning interviews...

16 posts in this topic

Hey all -- I need your help here. We have an early (8.30 am) interview at the Embassy on Tuesday, and we were planning on showing up at around 7.30am to start queueing. If you were a recent interviewee at the London Embassy with an 8am or 8.30am interview, when did you start queueing, and when were you let in? Did they wait until 8am to start letting the 8am people in, or did people start getting through before then? We don't mind hanging around a bit, but we just wanted to get an idea of how long we should expect to be dawdling outside from recent experience.

Thanks everyone!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Here's my hubby's interview thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67024&st=0&p=885885entry885885), his interview wasn't that early, but he took a bus from Glasgow to London and was there *very* early. An armed guard chased him off a park bench near the embassy as he was there too early. If no one is queuing that early, I'd suggest walking about until you see they are.

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was an October 2006 interviewee, so not THAT recent....but I had a 9am interview, got there at 8.50am, was in the embassy waiting for my interview by 9.15am. Out by 10am.

Edited by mags

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hey all -- I need your help here. We have an early (8.30 am) interview at the Embassy on Tuesday, and we were planning on showing up at around 7.30am to start queueing. If you were a recent interviewee at the London Embassy with an 8am or 8.30am interview, when did you start queueing, and when were you let in? Did they wait until 8am to start letting the 8am people in, or did people start getting through before then? We don't mind hanging around a bit, but we just wanted to get an idea of how long we should expect to be dawdling outside from recent experience.

Thanks everyone!

We got there just before 8.30 for a 9am interview and the queue had about 20 people in it then. We were inside well before 9

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

At Chas' interview last week, he arrived in the queue at 8:40 and was inside at the stroke of 9 (which was his interview time). I bet if you got there at 8 or shortly after, you'd be fine. I suspect they don't even open until 8 anyway.

SA4userbar.jpg

Thanks everyone! I hope I can convince the boy that we don't need to be there quite so early. I have a funny feeling we'll still be stupid early and bumming around Grosvenor Square, as he is chronically early for everything...

Filed: Timeline

We arrived early for my husband's interview and since the queues were massive and security tight, we did not get in until right before his interview time. The thing is, nobody seemed to be paying any attention to interview times the day we were there.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I didnt have an early appointment time 10.30 in April ( not recent) - when i got there there seemed to be three queues - however the security people seemed to be filtering a few from each queue so i was in the embassy building before my allotted interview time. Dont know if this is typical but just offering my experience - to be honest if it is early appointment - probably only going to be one queue that early in the morning Good luck anyways!

Thanks everyone! I hope I can convince the boy that we don't need to be there quite so early. I have a funny feeling we'll still be stupid early and bumming around Grosvenor Square, as he is chronically early for everything...

Hehe! And I just worry that Dan gets there in time. He tends to lean towards the "chronically late" side. Bless him, can't say much - I'm nearly as bad.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

They weren't paying all that much attention to interview times when I was there earlier this month either.

Loads of people in the queue outside were panicking that they wouldn't get inside in time for their interview appointment, but really the interview time seems to just be a way of getting people to arrive at vaguely the right time, then you just take a ticket inside and wait to be called anyway.

If that made any sense...?

Mike and Jill's I-130 timeline

9 Jan 2007 - sent application for police record

11 Jan 2007 - posted I-130 off

17 Jan 2007 - I-130 officially filed

22 Feb 2007 - Mike received official job offer in the US

13 Apr 2007 - I-130 approved

21 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received

23 Apr 2007 - posted packet 3 to Embassy

25 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received at Embassy PO box

30 Apr 2007 - medical in London

30 Apr 2007 - received packet 4

7 Jun 2007 - interview - visa approved :-)))

9 Jun 2007 - received visa and mystery brown envelope

30 Jun 2007 - planning to move to US

Hehe! And I just worry that Dan gets there in time. He tends to lean towards the "chronically late" side. Bless him, can't say much - I'm nearly as bad.

I'm chronically 5-10 mins late for most things. I try so hard, but I never seem to pull it off in the end. Bruce is always early due to his profession -- actors (and when say actors, I mean those who do the day-in, day-out slog, not the megastars who swan about as and when they like) need to be early or they are not going to be around for long. You get a bad reputation for being late and you can kiss your chances at a career good-bye. I drive him loo-loo because I'm much more flexible about time -- when it's an external meeting with a company chairman, I'm early. When it's meeting the boy in town for lunch, maybe not so early. Maybe even...late? :blush:

They weren't paying all that much attention to interview times when I was there earlier this month either.

Loads of people in the queue outside were panicking that they wouldn't get inside in time for their interview appointment, but really the interview time seems to just be a way of getting people to arrive at vaguely the right time, then you just take a ticket inside and wait to be called anyway.

If that made any sense...?

Yep kins -- that made total sense. I still have the impression that I will be yawning and stretching in the queue at 7.30am, though! He wants it over. We're both total wrecks at the moment, neither of us is sleeping properly. Bruce pinched a nerve in his back yesterday and spent an agonising night where he wasn't able to really ever snooze for longer than an hour at a go. I know this because I was up talking to him and rubbing Deep Heat in his back!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi just got back from my interview this morning. My interview time was 8.30 and I arrived at the embassy about 7.20 there were about seven people in front of me and at 7.30 the lady started to check paperwork and direct you to the right line. I got into the embassy about 7.40 and I was given ticket no 001 so was the first for imigrant visas. I was called at 8.00 to handover paperwork and have fingerprints taken and then waited till 8.20 I was seen before the 8.00 appointments. Interview took less than 5 minutes and then over to the courier pay. Good luck for tomorrow.

Bev

Hi just got back from my interview this morning. My interview time was 8.30 and I arrived at the embassy about 7.20 there were about seven people in front of me and at 7.30 the lady started to check paperwork and direct you to the right line. I got into the embassy about 7.40 and I was given ticket no 001 so was the first for imigrant visas. I was called at 8.00 to handover paperwork and have fingerprints taken and then waited till 8.20 I was seen before the 8.00 appointments. Interview took less than 5 minutes and then over to the courier pay. Good luck for tomorrow.

Bev

Bev

Bev -- so you got it??? Hooray!!! :dance::dance::dance: Let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Your explanation was so clear -- now I think maybe showing up at 7.30am isn't such a bad idea (*scratches chin*). Thanks for the good luck -- I'll be updating the Interview Thread later this afternoon to show your big red APPROVED!

Bev

Bev

Yaaa Hooo! Congrats to you, Bev!!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Elmcitymaven, finally your turn is tomorrow. I wish you good luck in that "torture" place ja ja ja and let's here tomorrow about your approval :dance:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.