Lotherest

I-797 Expired

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i just realized that my I-797 expired last week on 3/6/2020. My Noa2 was stuck at NVC for more than 2 months.

Additionally, we have not paid the bank fee yet nor scheduled our interview. We were planning on scheduling in a few weeks. Is this a huge issue?

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lotherest said:

i just realized that my I-797 expired last week on 3/6/2020. My Noa2 was stuck at NVC for more than 2 months.

Additionally, we have not paid the bank fee yet nor scheduled our interview. We were planning on scheduling in a few weeks. Is this a huge issue?

Thanks!

Not an issue.  Embassy will extend the validity for up to one year.   There is info in this guide in the I-129F section, Scheduling Interview TAB near the bottom,  send an email request using the email address listed

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gummybear said:

My NOA2 still stuck on NVC. What should I do? I CAN'T EVEN GET MY MANILA CASE NUMBER.

You are at 4 months and your case file has not left NVC ?   That is unusual.

Did you email NVC to request your case file # ?  This is the best/quickest way to get a printed response, as you need the NVC email/letter for SLEC medical.

Info here:  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are at 4 months and your case file has not left NVC ?   That is unusual.

Did you email NVC to request your case file # ?  This is the best/quickest way to get a printed response, as you need the NVC email/letter for SLEC medical.

Info here:  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

Thank you so much. I will ask my fiance to email the NVC.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Gummybear said:

Thank you so much. I will ask my fiance to email the NVC.

Once you have your MNL#  and your case file is at the embassy  (CEAC status shows READY), if your 4 month petition validity has expired,  the Petitioner should email the embassy to request the extension .. info under the Scheduling Interview TAB.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I feel stressed! I haven't received any Manila case number yet, I suggested to my fiance to call the NVC and get the case number and he still wants to wait for the letter instead of calling them and aside from that Most of the provinces here in the Philippines are lock down especial Manila where I can do my medical and interview.. I think my papers may be delayed.. 🥺😩😩😩 anyways! Pray and heal the world from Covid-19. 🙏❤️

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Gummybear said:

I feel stressed! I haven't received any Manila case number yet, I suggested to my fiance to call the NVC and get the case number and he still wants to wait for the letter instead of calling them and aside from that Most of the provinces here in the Philippines are lock down especial Manila where I can do my medical and interview.. I think my papers may be delayed.. 🥺😩😩😩 anyways! Pray and heal the world from Covid-19. 🙏❤️

Don't call, you need the NVC email or letter for the medical at SLEC.    https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

He should email NVC, instructions are in this link under the MNL# By Email TAB

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

Like said, Manila is locked down for now so nothing is going on with the visa process at the embassy.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Don't call, you need the NVC email or letter for the medical at SLEC.    https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

He should email NVC, instructions are in this link under the MNL# By Email TAB

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

I already told that  to him.But, he said, he will still wait for the letter! I wanna hung him on the tree lol. 😂 Anyways! If ever I get my Manila case number this month, can you estimate the processing time about how many months should I stay here in my country before fly to the US esp the case of Coronavirus?

Edited by Gummybear

Timeline
Just now, Gummybear said:

I told that already to him. But he said, he will still wait for the letter! I wanna hung him on the tree lol. 😂 Anyways! If ever I get my Manila case number this month, can you estimate the processing time about how many months should I stay here in my country before fly to the US esp the case of Coronavirus?

Thousands upon thousands email NVC to get the MNL#  

If the coronavirus were not an issue, once you have your MNL# you could be completing your interview in 4-6 weeks (But with the lockdown it could turn into 8-12 weeks).   The guide I linked to you has the complete process, follow it and you will be n done in short order (bar delays because of the lockdown) 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Thousands upon thousands email NVC to get the MNL#  

If the coronavirus were not an issue, once you have your MNL# you could be completing your interview in 4-6 weeks (But with the lockdown it could turn into 8-12 weeks).   The guide I linked to you has the complete process, follow it and you will be n done in short order (bar delays because of the lockdown) 

Thank you so much. I hope! This issue will end soon. 🙏😩 THANKS FOR ACCOMODATING ME! TAKE CARE 🙏

Timeline
13 minutes ago, boris64 said:

....And I thought it was bad for us last year.

When Yolanda came through the Philippines, every visa petition was expedited .. suddenly there were no appt openings at the embassy ... people camped online watching the visa calendar for any opening .. for months.    

... Hopefully this virus thing will not drag into months of delay.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.