Nature Boy 2.0

All things Corona Virus

2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It may be that we are seeing shortages in my area because it is now the beginning of "snowbird" season,  when we get all those northerners headed here.  Have had quite a few already at the office and I am seeing a lot of car haulers unloading.  

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

I expect we are going to have some sort of lockdown, either on the state level here in CA (which is sort of doing okay) or on a national level after the inauguration in January. Plenty of toilet paper here at the moment, as well as Lysol wipes, Method and Mrs Meyers cleaning supplies (which is what I use), pasta, flour, rice, etc. I might start stocking up to avoid the rush. The worst that comes of it is that I have a lot of toilet paper!

I broke down and bought TP and paper towels on Amazon back in June. Those large packages last forever. I am even more fascinated now by the people who bought several giant packs when we were experiencing shortages. I wonder what they expected to happen.

I do try to keep more supplies on hand now though, mostly just because we have a big empty basement doing nothing anyway, so I have no excuse for being caught short. I think the lesson many people learned from the panic shopping was that it's easiest to stock up ahead of time when things are going well and nobody else is thinking about it. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

MIT Team's Cough Detector Identifies 97% of COVID-19 Cases Even in Asymptomatic People

DAVID NIELD

3 NOVEMBER 2020

Part of the challenge in controlling the coronavirus pandemic is in identifying and isolating infected people quickly – not particularly easy when COVID-19 symptoms aren't always noticeable, especially early on. Now scientists have developed a new artificial intelligence model that can detect the virus from a simple forced cough.

https://www.sciencealert.com/ai-cough-analysis-could-detect-covid-19-even-if-you-re-asymptomatic

Whelp, the panic has begun. The store was cleaned out of all cleaning products, PT, and TP. Also strangely.. tomato sauce and soup.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why panic now?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

39 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Why panic now?

Panicked people are the easiest to take advantage of, duh.

They're also good conduits to tip over a good chunk of the populace who wouldn't be apt to panic but are easily influenced by their peers. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Panicked people are the easiest to take advantage of, duh.

They're also good conduits to tip over a good chunk of the populace who wouldn't be apt to panic but are easily influenced by their peers. 

No end of historical examples.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
11 hours ago, Neonred said:

shortages of toilet paper

Good place to get it on-line is through the janitorial companies.

We were fortunate to have reordered a 96-roll case in early March, and we didn't run out of it until the shortage had eased.  It merely happened.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

We were fortunate to have reordered a 96-roll case in early March, and we didn't run out of it until the shortage had eased.  It merely happened.

Janitorial company loo roll sounds thin and scratchy. I'll stick with my Charmin Ultra Soft.

4 hours ago, laylalex said:

Janitorial company loo roll sounds thin and scratchy. I'll stick with my Charmin Ultra Soft.

quilted northen will not clog as bad as Charmin 

13 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

In having a family of 5 (4 then), we simply stocked up on Costco toilet paper for the few of us in the house or visiting that care to use it back in Nov/Dec last year and we still have over half of it left. At the same time we stocked up on a ridiculous amount of Clorox wipes because they disappeared from Canadian shelves earlier in 2019 making me think they were being discontinued (there was no way in hell I'm using Lysol ever since their formula change years ago, Clorox wipes are now what Lysol used to be). So thankful we had excess of these things and never needed to compete with the maniacal rush for basic items.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Funny watching all those people out in the streets now. For months they told us how scary covid is and that they can't even stand in line to vote because they're afraid of getting sick. I guess those who said covid will be over after the elections were right 🤣

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Just now, OriZ said:

Funny watching all those people out in the streets now. For months they told us how scary covid is and that they can't even stand in line to vote because they're afraid of getting sick. I guess those who said covid will be over after the elections were right 🤣

On the bright side, astringent Trump helped bring to the surface a segment of authoritarians who are comically transparent about it via their hypocrisy.