Nature Boy 2.0

All things Corona Virus

2,985 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, CanAm1980 said:

Hmmmmmm, you could read that as Biden not resting on trying but going in for the kill. :lol: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The Great Barrington Declaration

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection. 

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice. 

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza. 

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e.  the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity. 

https://gbdeclaration.org/#read

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Covid-19 pandemic: Tracking the global coronavirus outbreak

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Dashinka said:

The Great Barrington Declaration

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection. 

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice. 

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza. 

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e.  the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity. 

https://gbdeclaration.org/#read

As I said above, we won't know until next year or 2022 the actual death toll inflicted upon our nation, but I suspect it will be an interesting revelation for some (though they will likely try to deny it).

Timeline
1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

As I said above, we won't know until next year or 2022 the actual death toll inflicted upon our nation, but I suspect it will be an interesting revelation for some (though they will likely try to deny it).

I thought the BBC tracking was interesting.  Africa was rather flat the entire time, and what is something that is quite common in Africa, anti-malarial drugs.

5 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I thought the BBC tracking was interesting.  Africa was rather flat the entire time, and what is something that is quite common in Africa, anti-malarial drugs.

Yeah, I posted that here somewhere before.   As time goes on, we will learn of more chemicals/medicines/vitamins that make our bodies less habitable for the virus, as we always have.

Timeline

I guess the Barrington Drs. were right.

Doctors Worldwide Are Recording More Deaths Due to Lockdowns Than to COVID-19

Some have speculated that other effects created by the distancing can be just as harsh, from the psyche of children and the insufficient care for the infirm to suicides brought on by the anxiety. Now a study has come out from doctors in Colorado showing other grievous collateral damage has been taking place. One study in Colorado had doctors looking into the drop in cardiac cases in hospitals and noted it was a direct correlation to the quarantine orders.

“At Denver Health and other large hospitals across the metro area, the number of people showing up with cardiac emergencies dropped significantly as the state imposed increasingly strict measures encouraging people to stay at home to slow the virus’ spread,” the article states. This was a verifiable fact. The amount of ambulance usage had gone down immediately after the lockdown orders, and parallel to that, those dying from cardiac problems at home spiked.

In that period the amount of home-based cardiac arrests doubled, and the deaths from heart attacks exceeded those of Covid-19 cases. This concerned just one malady: heart attacks. And this was hardly isolated to Colorado. Nationwide and even globally this same result has been recorded. In parts of Europe doctors have shown that they too have seen the drops in admissions for heart issues while the deaths from the same have greatly elevated. 

https://townhall.com/columnists/bradslager/2020/08/20/doctors-worldwide-are-recording-more-deaths-due-to-lockdowns-than-to-covid19-n2574754

8 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Some have speculated that other effects created by the distancing can be just as harsh, from the psyche of children and the insufficient care for the infirm to suicides brought on by the anxiety. Now a study has come out from doctors in Colorado showing other grievous collateral damage has been taking place. One study in Colorado had doctors looking into the drop in cardiac cases in hospitals and noted it was a direct correlation to the quarantine orders.

“At Denver Health and other large hospitals across the metro area, the number of people showing up with cardiac emergencies dropped significantly as the state imposed increasingly strict measures encouraging people to stay at home to slow the virus’ spread,” the article states. This was a verifiable fact. The amount of ambulance usage had gone down immediately after the lockdown orders, and parallel to that, those dying from cardiac problems at home spiked.

In that period the amount of home-based cardiac arrests doubled, and the deaths from heart attacks exceeded those of Covid-19 cases. This concerned just one malady: heart attacks. And this was hardly isolated to Colorado. Nationwide and even globally this same result has been recorded. In parts of Europe doctors have shown that they too have seen the drops in admissions for heart issues while the deaths from the same have greatly elevated. 

https://townhall.com/columnists/bradslager/2020/08/20/doctors-worldwide-are-recording-more-deaths-due-to-lockdowns-than-to-covid19-n2574754

I was thinking it would take until next year to get a better estimate on deaths from ALL sources, but this is in line with what I have been thinking for a while now.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I was thinking it would take until next year to get a better estimate on deaths from ALL sources, but this is in line with what I have been thinking for a while now.

And it tracks with the data from the NCHS keeping the overall number of deaths higher than average for 2020.

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Since I work at DH, I will chime in. The emergency department was never closed. Elective surgeries were deferred for the first 3 weeks of April, IIRC. Cardiac surgeries are not elective. Ambulance service was not altered. We don't need to turn any of that into a red herring. Covid exists. People are dying because of  and people are dying secondary to that. People are not coming to ER because they are scared of getting exposed to Covid, and more people are dying of other illness because of that. You can't analyze any of the scenario's as if Covid doesn't exist. It's part of every equation.

The best thing we can do right is take the steps we can to stop the spread of Covid as best we can. Until we do, there will be more people dying of Covid than need to, and more people dying of other reasons because of Covid. It's a fact of life now. Alternative truth doesn't really work when reality kicks in.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

In short, the health and economic costs of the lockdowns/shutdowns are irrelevant, hence omitted. 

With this logic, I can now justify pummeling my kids for the sake of compliance, and the cost of that abuse can be ignored because my valiant goal (and solely any benefits of it) is all that matters.

That's the "health" policy being promoted. It's as crazy as it sounds.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

5 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

In short, the health and economic costs of the lockdowns/shutdowns are irrelevant, hence omitted. 

With this logic, I can now justify pummeling my kids for the sake of compliance, and the cost of that abuse can be ignored because my valiant goal (and solely any benefits of it) is all that matters.

The health and economic costs were not irrelevant and no one said that. I guess you need to resort to making up an argument now, but hopefully that helps you realize how weak your actual position is.

The health and economic costs were inevitable. We should have tried to mitigate them as best as we could, and we should have had unifying leadership doing that. Unfortunately we had children dressed as politicians to lead the way.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an