Nature Boy 2.0

All things Corona Virus

2,985 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

It's so bad that we'll NEVER see the period after "Dr" ever again.

Oh my 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Not so bad.  My ex was a Dr and she was miserable when she got her period.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

After 35 days boarding a plane home today. Still no sign of covid 

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Study Finds Most Americans Trust Dr Pepper Over Dr. Fauci

article-6802-1.jpg

U.S.—A new study has found that far more Americans would trust Dr Pepper than Dr. Fauci.

While Dr. Fauci has made some questionable claims over the past few months, Dr Pepper hasn't made any erroneous predictions about the virus or recommendations when it comes to masks and other protective measures. So the soft drink has rocketed up the charts as the most-trusted medical professional in America.

more at https://babylonbee.com/news/study-finds-more-americans-trust-dr-pepper-than-dr-fauci

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

So the Dems that have been singing his praises. Will they now attack him

we had 2 employees test positive this week. One was a service writer( the person who greets you and writes up your vehicle in the service lane) and a guy in the car wash dept. I interacted with the guy in the detail dept the night before he came back positive.

Company now says we got to wear a mask if we are with a customer. A mask is not fun in the 96 deg heat.

Management ordered neck gaiters for everyone, which we all know do zero good, and might actually be worse than wearing a mask.

Filed: Timeline
56 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

we had 2 employees test positive this week. One was a service writer( the person who greets you and writes up your vehicle in the service lane) and a guy in the car wash dept. I interacted with the guy in the detail dept the night before he came back positive.

Company now says we got to wear a mask if we are with a customer. A mask is not fun in the 96 deg heat.

Management ordered neck gaiters for everyone, which we all know do zero good, and might actually be worse than wearing a mask.

Not might, my friend.  A 2015 study of mask use concluded this:

Conclusions This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

And something from 2020:

Randomised controlled trials in health care workers showed that respirators, if worn continually during a shift, were effective but not if worn intermittently. Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective. When used by sick patients randomised controlled trials suggested protection of well contacts.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0020748920301139

Just had two friends catch the 'Rona in the last two weeks.  Fortunately, both were mild and are recovering nicely.  Loss of smell/taste prevalent.  Fever never got above 100°.  Both of their spouses tested negative, though they shared house, bed, etc.

47 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

And something from 2020:

Just had two friends catch the 'Rona in the last two weeks.  Fortunately, both were mild and are recovering nicely.  Loss of smell/taste prevalent.  Fever never got above 100°.  Both of their spouses tested negative, though they shared house, bed, etc.

I told them gaiters made it worse.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

And something from 2020:

Doesn't matter. Places requiring masks don't have a requirement on the type of mask nor do the self-unaware screeching losers at stores make a stink over this sort of thing. These orders weren't about safety to begin with, it was about compliance to make paranoid people feel more comfortable, and to make authoritarians gleeful in the pointless exercise of power over others.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Doesn't matter. Places requiring masks don't have a requirement on the type of mask nor do the self-unaware screeching losers at stores make a stink over this sort of thing. These orders weren't about safety to begin with, it was about compliance to make paranoid people feel more comfortable, and to make authoritarians gleeful in the pointless exercise of power over others.

Its more about risk exposure than appeasing screeching people

19 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

At least that's what MSNBC is telling people.

By risk exposure I mean a company's risk assessment profile legally. No idea what MSNBC talks about