Nature Boy 2.0

All things Corona Virus

2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

Some places require you to wait in line for 6 hours.

sounds like if you don't have it when you get there, you will by the time you leave.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

6 hours ago, Boiler said:

DU? I know a few Professors at DU.

Yeah, it was recommending DU. But I'm not looking to leave CA any time soon. If we move out of SoCal, it will be back to the Bay Area, probably.

5 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why don't you want a MBA? There are many options you can do in order to get it, and many schools are doing predominantly online these days

Not really something I'm interested in. I've been out of a "proper" job for a long time and shifted back into working only at the beginning of 2019. The paleography course is related to what I'm trying to move ahead in in terms of my career. So I am trying to make connections in class now to see what I can do in terms of further education in the area. At one point I was thinking about doing a Masters at the Courtauld Institute in curating but I'm kind of blah about it now. 

Speaking of, class is back in session in 3 minutes! :) 

Oh, and this is related to coronavirus because I was supposed to be taking this class in person but... coronanvirus.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, pablo2752 said:

You must be a rich top 1% elitists! Now, give me your money! 

you'll need to open up a wine store for that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

Washington DC Mandates Masks For The Public, But Exempts All Lawmakers And Government Employees

Muriel Bowser, the mayor of Washington, D.C., has decreed that everyone present in the federal territory must wear a face mask, including three-year-olds, to supposedly help stop the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19). But exempt from the order are all lawmakers and government employees, because they are apparently a different breed that is incapable of catching or spreading invisible germs.

Bowser’s mandate, which was not legally passed as a law, orders everyone over the age of two in D.C. to wear a face mask both indoors and outdoors, or else face fines of up to $1,000. All non-politicians two-years-and-one-day-old and above will be aggressively policed for compliance, even as Bowser and her ilk push to defund and abolish the police.

“Under the new Mayor’s Order on masks, people must wear a mask when they leave their homes if they are likely to come into contact with another person for more than a fleeting moment,” Bowser’s office announced.

https://www.silverdoctors.com/headlines/world-news/washington-dc-mandates-masks-for-the-public-but-exempts-all-lawmakers-and-government-employees/

48 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

You need to find a better source that doesn't use Breitbart. The original declaration by Mayor Bowser is here

"(Washington, DC) – Today, Mayor Bowser issued Mayor’s Order 2020-080 to clarify and extend requirements related to wearing masks indoors and outdoors in Washington, DC. Additionally, the Mayor issued Mayor’s Order 2020-079 to extend the state of emergency and public health emergency for Washington, DC through October 9, 2020.

Both Mayor’s Orders are effective immediately.

Under the new Mayor’s Order on masks, people must wear a mask when they leave their homes if they are likely to come into contact with another person for more than a fleeting moment. Exceptions are listed in the Mayor’s Order, and common exceptions include: children under the age of three; a person who is in an enclosed office that no one else is allowed to enter; a person who is actively eating or drinking; and a person who is engaged in vigorous outdoor exercise and is maintaining social distance of at least six feet from other people. The full Mayor’s Order on masks can be found at coronavirus.dc.gov/maskorder

In other words, no, you are not exempt just because you are a lawmaker or an employee. the news article you cited is outrightly lying. 

Edited by pablo2752

17 minutes ago, pablo2752 said:

You need to find a better source that doesn't use Breitbart. The original declaration by Mayor Bowser is here

The full Mayor’s Order on masks can be found at coronavirus.dc.gov/maskorder

In other words, no, you are not exempt just because you are a lawmaker or an employee. the news article you cited is outrightly lying. 

Now go to the link you properly provided.  Read para IV., sub para 2.  Heck, read the entire paragraph IV, but focus on IV. 2.

Tell me again how those people are not exempt?

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Now go to the link you properly provided.  Read para IV., sub para 2.  Heck, read the entire paragraph IV, but focus on IV. 2.

Tell me again how those people are not exempt?

Alright, you can forget about what I said. I stand corrected. 

You're right this part makes no sense to me: 

"The enforcement provisions of this Order shall not be applied to persons in the judicial or legislative branches of the District government while those persons are on duty; and shall not apply to any employees of the federal government while they are on duty."

Unless there is another reason? 

Edited by pablo2752

2 minutes ago, pablo2752 said:

Alright, you can forget about what I said. I stand corrected 

Meh, it happens.  I put more blame on Breitbart for not quoting the paragraph to which they were referring.  I had to read the mayor's document to find it.  Poor reporting, to be sure.

I am now jealous that I am not a federal employee, since they are immune...

Edited by Voice of Reason

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Meh, it happens.  I put more blame on Breitbart for not quoting the paragraph to which they were referring.  I had to read the mayor's document to find it.  Poor reporting, to be sure.

This is why reading news is hard these days in America - all the "sources" are worded differently or sometimes even phrased cleverly in the reporting article so that it means very different things from what the original article says. This happens especially a lot when news articles report on scientific studies. Main examples would be, "Wines have antioxidants and are good for you." I know, some wine lovers will get mad at me. 

I am wondering if there is any scientific justification for that - I will have to go back to reading some stuff for hours now. If there is, they should have said it. 

Edited by pablo2752

47 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I still have to wear a mask at work when I go talk to someone in another office in the same building. The Director actually put out guidance today to snitch on people not wearing a mask.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, pablo2752 said:

Alright, you can forget about what I said. I stand corrected. 

You're right this part makes no sense to me: 

"The enforcement provisions of this Order shall not be applied to persons in the judicial or legislative branches of the District government while those persons are on duty; and shall not apply to any employees of the federal government while they are on duty."

Unless there is another reason? 

th?id=OIP.mkNY3I1XPaihbbd4Gi-yjgHaEb&pid

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, pablo2752 said:

I've long wished that the Founding Fathers had written the Third Amendment to read, "All laws passed by Congress and all rules promulgated by appointed or unelected agents of the government shall apply as equally to the Congress and the promulgators as to the People."

Of course, at the time, worries about having to quarter British soldiers were acute.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, pablo2752 said:

You must be a rich top 1% elitists! Now, give me your money! 

I married well the first time. I'm marrying better the second. :)