CountryBoy

Didn't take daughters passport at St. Luke's Medical

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mylene and Ashley went for their medical on the 14th and 15th and they took Mylene's passport but didn't take her daughter's passport, now she is worried.

The nurse said that Ashley's vaccinations are incomplete and since she is going on a K-2 Visa that she can complete her vaccinations in the U.S..

Anyone with experience with the K-2 process in Philippines care to share experiences to ease Mylene's worries?

Thanks,

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Mylene and Ashley went for their medical on the 14th and 15th and they took Mylene's passport but didn't take her daughter's passport, now she is worried.

The nurse said that Ashley's vaccinations are incomplete and since she is going on a K-2 Visa that she can complete her vaccinations in the U.S..

Anyone with experience with the K-2 process in Philippines care to share experiences to ease Mylene's worries?

Thanks,

CB

Sorry can't ease Mylenes worries!

SLEC took both my wife and anaks passports [K3/K4] .

Both passports were returned with the SLEC validation stamp in the passports with their visas.

No problems with vaccinations other than the TD having to be done in the US because of lack of availabilty in the Philippines.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks,

CB

hi CB,

better to call St. Luke's about this..maybe, they overlooked it or what..

keep us posted for the development...

thanks...

regards,

alexandra\

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! me and my 3 daughters (K1/K2) just finished our medical June 13 and 14. They took all our passports and visa photos and then they gave back to us our X-ray films and vaccination records. In fact, they finished the processing of my daughters' medical results ahead of mine. I have to wait a few minutes more which even made me worry that there was something wrong with my medical result. But then after 10 minutes my name was called and everything was ok with our medical results. They said that they will be the one to forward the results to USE Manila. Maybe you should try to call SLEC and find out why they didn't take Mylene's daughter's passport.

Timeline

Ok, now I'm worried due to your replies .. I will call St. Lukes on Monday (phil time) and ask the following questions.

Why didn't SLEC take Ashleys passport?

Why were't Ashleys medical records results released to Mylene?

Why doesn't Ashleys passport have an SLEC Validation Stamp in it? Will the embassy take the passport without this stamp included?

The nurse said that Ashleys vaccinations are incomplete and that she can have them done in U.S.; but when Mylene offered to let Ashley take the vaccinations at SLEC, the nurse said no problem, just finish them in the US. Why would she do this when the cost of vaccinations are supposed to be included in the money that Mylene paid to St. Lukes.

Why did they not return Ashleys receipt for releasing of the medical records after the immunizations, administer the immunizations, give the x-rays, take Ashleys passport or at least stamp it, take Ashley's passport photo, or give Ashleys receipt back?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CB

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

It sound to me that SLEC may not have finish yet the processing of Mylene's daughter's medical results. Did Mylene ask where is her daughter's results or when are they going to release it? Sometimes, they don't release the K1/K2 med results at the same time. Like for us, they called my daughters' names first and after 10 minutes my name was called by a different SLEC officer. Maybe the medical result of her daughter is not yet finish. But then, they should have told Mylene when they will release it so she will be able to come back for it.

It is also odd that they didn't give her daughter all the shots she need to complete her vaccination record. usually they will advise us to take all the necessary shots here and take only the shots in the US for those that are not available here in the Philippines, like the TD shots and the booster shots.

Timeline

One more thing, it is SLEC who forwards the applicant's passport together with the medical results to the US Embassy. So SLEC should have taken her daughter's passport.

Timeline

This was my opinion too. I think that Mylene may have left too soon and should have waited on Ashleys results to be completed .. probably just a lack of communications.

Hopefully we can get it resolved on Monday morning.

CB

It sound to me that SLEC may not have finish yet the processing of Mylene's daughter's medical results. Did Mylene ask where is her daughter's results or when are they going to release it? Sometimes, they don't release the K1/K2 med results at the same time. Like for us, they called my daughters' names first and after 10 minutes my name was called by a different SLEC officer. Maybe the medical result of her daughter is not yet finish. But then, they should have told Mylene when they will release it so she will be able to come back for it.

It is also odd that they didn't give her daughter all the shots she need to complete her vaccination record. usually they will advise us to take all the necessary shots here and take only the shots in the US for those that are not available here in the Philippines, like the TD shots and the booster shots.

Donnie and Sylvia

Hi! me and my 3 daughters (K1/K2) just finished our medical June 13 and 14. They took all our passports and visa photos and then they gave back to us our X-ray films and vaccination records. In fact, they finished the processing of my daughters' medical results ahead of mine. I have to wait a few minutes more which even made me worry that there was something wrong with my medical result. But then after 10 minutes my name was called and everything was ok with our medical results. They said that they will be the one to forward the results to USE Manila. Maybe you should try to call SLEC and find out why they didn't take Mylene's daughter's passport.

Hi. I have some questions abut the medical. I dont have my immunization record anymore so how i am going to do about this? For sure, i had my booster for hepatitis and finished with the other immunizations prescribed when growing up ( dpt, tb, etc) Our approved petition is now on its way to the NVC so I want to get prepared with the immunizations since I dont have a record anymore to present to ST. Lukes. .thanks

Joe and Myla

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Just done our medical last first week of this month June 06-07, 2007. And everything went fine.. regarding ur question, the SLEC should take ur fiancee's daughter's passport. They even have the posted announcement that passport should be forwarded to US embassy together with the medical exam result by the SLEC. So ur case is strange...

SLEC takes the passport at the releasing counter in the ground floor and they do check/verify information on what is in the medical exam records, then also give u a copy of the immunization sheet and will tell u to have it photo copied then will also give u another sheet of the vaccines already given and what are those vaccines you still need to have in US (second and other doses), then will also verify the passport and also the day of interview.

Your second question, it's not so clear as to what are the vaccines that are not given to Ashley. I did not present any immunization record to SLEC during the immunization interview both for me and my daughter. The doctor just told me that my daughter will have all the required vaccines and instructed me to even bring a paracetamol for fever after immunization the next day. And during immunization day, my daughter was so brave she was the only lil kiddie who did not cry (3+ yrs old). Then the nurse told me that after 2 months my daughter still need to have the 2nd and other doses of vaccination either in any other private clinic here in Philippines or in US. (so in my understanding maybe they told Mylene about the next dose that should be given to Ashley?.. just my assumption.)

After immunization, they will just tell u to wait for the result in the ground floor at the releasing counter. Actually they dont give u the medical result because they do forward it to US embassy, they will just interview u a lil and take ur passport and picture. The passport is being stamped at the back right after u submit the forms at the counter on the ground floor before u even pay the payment, then during physical exam the doctor signed it too. And ohh x-ray are not required to children age 15 and below.

Well it is possible that ur fiancee left before her daughter's name was called. She should asked about her daughter's case before they left SLEC. In our case my daughter was called first, then took a few minute before i was called.

Hope everything will be settled.... Good luck!

Ok, now I'm worried due to your replies .. I will call St. Lukes on Monday (phil time) and ask the following questions.

Why didn't SLEC take Ashleys passport?

Why were't Ashleys medical records results released to Mylene?

Why doesn't Ashleys passport have an SLEC Validation Stamp in it? Will the embassy take the passport without this stamp included?

The nurse said that Ashleys vaccinations are incomplete and that she can have them done in U.S.; but when Mylene offered to let Ashley take the vaccinations at SLEC, the nurse said no problem, just finish them in the US. Why would she do this when the cost of vaccinations are supposed to be included in the money that Mylene paid to St. Lukes.

Why did they not return Ashleys receipt for releasing of the medical records after the immunizations, administer the immunizations, give the x-rays, take Ashleys passport or at least stamp it, take Ashley's passport photo, or give Ashleys receipt back?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CB

009.gif

Timeline

Ok, a quick update !!!!

We were right; Mylene left before they called Ashleys name for the releasing of the immunization records.

I couldn't get thru to SLEC right away so I called the embassy. The lady on the other end said that I would have to call SLEC because in her words, "No medical, no interview." She gave me 2 numbers to call and the new number worked right away.

I called SLEC at 8:00 a.m. Manila time and talked to Rose (a very helpful and polite filipina employee) that told me to give her some time to find out the information on Mylene's case. I called back 1.5 hours later and Rose told me Mylene should come back right away because she "left before we had a chance to call her daughters name".

Mylene went back to SLEC .. they took Ashley's Passport (and showed Mylene that it in fact HAD been stamped) and passport photo, they gave her Ashleys immunization records and showed her that the doctor indicated that the immunizations will be completed in the US.

Thanks for all of your help and concern; Mylene is so relieved (and probably embarassed) but now everything is fine again. :thumbs:

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.