elkski

How much documentation of continuing relationship needed at interview?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

How much documentation of continuing relationship needed at interview? GF is reading  visa2USA and thinks we need to print out conversations since beginning of our relationship to take to her interview. (which hopefully will be in 8 -10 months) 

I have read we just need to show proof of our continuing relationship from time we sent in I129F until the interview... With this virus it is possible I wont be taking a trip to SE Asia prior to her interview.

I ma think 5 pages of conversation from the line app will be enough. Please advise on whats needed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you really need conversation from Messenger or WhatsApp? I call my fiance more than we chat, so it's mostly call logs. Not sure how to provide this. 

I have tons of photos, passport stamps, itineraries, receipts, boarding passes, bank statements.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

who calls to another country without an app in 2020?   Line app is da best.  I guess excerpt from my line logs will show voice or mostly video chat sessions lasting many minutes..Maybe more private than showing actual chat words?? . I guess this would be hard to fake.  Bank Statements???  you mean like showing money transfers for  an important  part of Asian love?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, elkski said:

who calls to another country without an app in 2020?   Line app is da best.  I guess excerpt from my line logs will show voice or mostly video chat sessions lasting many minutes..Maybe more private than showing actual chat words?? . I guess this would be hard to fake.  Bank Statements???  you mean like showing money transfers for  an important  part of Asian love?

We are using Messenger to make video calls. 

Bank statements show purchases, ATM withdrawals while I am visiting my fiance.

You don't need to worry about the Coronavirus. I was just in Taiwan and Philippines visiting my fiance last month. I'm definitely not worried about anything. Unless you are sickly and old, you probably don't need to worry about it. 

Edited by Solaris81

Timeline

We use FB messenger to chat twice daily, I copy the beginning of the chat for the first and 15th of each month. I figure that should be enough proof for ongoing relationship

7 hours ago, elkski said:

I agree line messenger is the best for international calling, me and my girl use it everyday. I’ve also heard Facebook monitor and record your calls, so I wouldn’t use that.

My fiancé to be, the US citizen just kept receipts and plane tickets in a plastic wallet to prepare for the interview, as long as the relationship is genuine you shouldn’t have anything to worry about, that being said the rate of denial is increasing substantially, so try to keep calm during the interview, the consultant is trained to identify any discrepancies.

So when I applied for K1 in the UK, my boyfriend had to leave the country a few months later permanently and so I went through the whole interview process without having seen him for half a year. Everything was fine at my interview they barely even asked about our continued relationship. Just "where is your partner right now" and other basic questions. If your relationship is real and you've shown that in your K1 application, they probably won't ask about the time between applying and interview so don't worry too much. 

For my K1 interview I just took some photos from when we last saw each other and a few screenshots of conversations/phone call logs but they didn't even ask to see them. It doesn't hurt to be over-prepared and take a lot with you to interview but chances are, if your K1 application is solid they won't even ask for any more info at interview. That's my experience anyway. 

Good luck with your application! :) 

22 hours ago, elkski said:

How much documentation of continuing relationship needed at interview? GF is reading  visa2USA and thinks we need to print out conversations since beginning of our relationship to take to her interview. (which hopefully will be in 8 -10 months) 

I have read we just need to show proof of our continuing relationship from time we sent in I129F until the interview... With this virus it is possible I wont be taking a trip to SE Asia prior to her interview.

I ma think 5 pages of conversation from the line app will be enough. Please advise on whats needed. 

So when I applied for K1 in the UK, my boyfriend had to leave the country a few months later permanently and so I went through the whole interview process without having seen him for half a year. Everything was fine at my interview they barely even asked about our continued relationship. Just "where is your partner right now" and other basic questions. If your relationship is real and you've shown that in your K1 application, they probably won't ask about the time between applying and interview so don't worry too much. 

For my K1 interview I just took some photos from when we last saw each other and a few screenshots of conversations/phone call logs but they didn't even ask to see them. It doesn't hurt to be over-prepared and take a lot with you to interview but chances are, if your K1 application is solid they won't even ask for any more info at interview. That's my experience anyway. 

Good luck with your application! :) 

21 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

Do you really need conversation from Messenger or WhatsApp? I call my fiance more than we chat, so it's mostly call logs. Not sure how to provide this. 

I have tons of photos, passport stamps, itineraries, receipts, boarding passes, bank statements.. 

13 hours ago, RUJEN said:

We use FB messenger to chat twice daily, I copy the beginning of the chat for the first and 15th of each month. I figure that should be enough proof for ongoing relationship

The Philippines will not ask for those items. The interview will be about the two of you and your relationship. If you follow the information contained in @Hank_ website you'll have the answers to all your questions for the Pi. K-1 Visa Application - VisaConnection-Philippines

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What an embassy will look at varies by embassy ...

For the Philippines.   The embassy doesn't look at bank statements for relationship evidence, heck they don't look at bank statements for financial support evidence either.   Receipts.  Hmm ..  now sure how a receipt would show relationship evidence.   Itineraries .. anyone can print out an itinerary doesn't mean you actually traveled.  Boarding passes and passport stamps show you were in the Philippines.  Photos of the two of you are good, but only need a few (very few).   

If you don't chat it is hard to give copies of chat logs, not that chat logs are all that important either.

Most times the embassy doesn't ask for much, sometimes they will look at a few pictures but they don't keep them.   

How well your fiancee answers questions relating to you plays the biggest part in the interview .. how well does she know you .. like any person in a serious relationship should know you.  If she hesitates or stalls on some questions because she isn't sure of the answer .. well you get the drift.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Concur with GB's statement above. Manila didn't ask us for any. I was with my fiance (now wife) at the interview. Asked her about six questions. Painless.  It is far more important that they have the required documents.

Finally done...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm planning on taking some photos of his visits while we've been waiting and I also have receipts of my wedding dress I bought. 

I'm also thinking of printing out a conversation with the priest who is going to fo a quick little legal ceremony at the local

church for us as well has receipts for or  reception to be held a few months later for everyone to come to.

but that's all I plan on taking as "proof of ongoing" 

hope that gives you some ideas. 

Edited by ashley_ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.