vancitycdn8

Vancouver Consulate EB1 Visa Interview Wait Time

15 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

So my EB-1 Case was completed at the NVC on March 1st, 2020 and they will be forwarding all documents to the Vancouver Consulate and will be scheduling the interview. I was wondering if anybody here has gone through this process at the Vancouver Consulate and how long I can expect the wait time to be until I hear back from the NVC/Consulate?

Thanks!!!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
57 minutes ago, vancitycdn8 said:

Hey everyone!

So my EB-1 Case was completed at the NVC on March 1st, 2020 and they will be forwarding all documents to the Vancouver Consulate and will be scheduling the interview. I was wondering if anybody here has gone through this process at the Vancouver Consulate and how long I can expect the wait time to be until I hear back from the NVC/Consulate?

Thanks!!!

Vancouver does not handle immigrant visa cases. Your case will go to Montreal where they’re is currently quite a backlog. Expect months long wait for an interview 

Timeline

Expect to wait 6+ months for an interview.  You should check the thread below

On 3/6/2020 at 8:41 AM, Sydonie said:

Hi everyone!  I finally got my interview date today for April 6th. My CC date is 5 SEPT 19 and my priority date is 13 AUG 18. EB1

11 hours ago, designguy said:

Vancouver does not handle immigrant visa cases. Your case will go to Montreal where they’re is currently quite a backlog. Expect months long wait for an interview 

Oh wow! I had no idea that all immigrant cases were handled in Montreal? My lawyer led me to believe that it would be in Vancouver... but I never really asked. Going to send him an email to confirm. That's quite surprising and unfortunate because I live in Vancouver and there is a consulate here so having to fly all the way to Montreal for the interview is a hassle but alas....

Timeline
7 hours ago, vancitycdn8 said:

Oh wow! I had no idea that all immigrant cases were handled in Montreal? My lawyer led me to believe that it would be in Vancouver... but I never really asked. Going to send him an email to confirm. That's quite surprising and unfortunate because I live in Vancouver and there is a consulate here so having to fly all the way to Montreal for the interview is a hassle but alas....

The consulate in Vancouver only handles non immigrant visas. If he tells you anything different he is wrong. You can check the many stories of people going through the pain of the MTL consulate right now. I actually got my initial F-1 in Vancouver, but for all immigrant visa applicants they have to go to Montreal. 

Unfortunately the MTL consulate is super backed up so the wait times are really long for an interview. Just keep that in mind that it may take a while for you to get your interview letter/date. Make sure you do not do your medical until you know what your interview date will be

Edited by designguy

18 hours ago, designguy said:

The consulate in Vancouver only handles non immigrant visas. If he tells you anything different he is wrong. You can check the many stories of people going through the pain of the MTL consulate right now. I actually got my initial F-1 in Vancouver, but for all immigrant visa applicants they have to go to Montreal. 

Unfortunately the MTL consulate is super backed up so the wait times are really long for an interview. Just keep that in mind that it may take a while for you to get your interview letter/date. Make sure you do not do your medical until you know what your interview date will be

Yeah it's really quite unfortunate how long it takes to get an interview... we were expecting the wait to be 2-3 months but 6-8 months is outrageous! Seems like we'll just have to continue living our lives as normal until the day finally comes. Probably not moving until the end of the year at least.

• 8 months later...

Folks,

Any recent update on this topic?

Based on October data from department of state, visa Issuances for Montreal, number of visas were issued from Montreal ..

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2020 - IV Issuances by FSC and Visa Class.pdf

My documentation was complete in Jan 2019 and since Sept '20 my priority date is current (EB1 India). Have been waiting for US Consulate in Montreal to schedule interview .. Would appreciate if forum members can share recent experience / updates.

Cheers!

18 hours ago, PradSim said:

Folks,

Any recent update on this topic?

Based on October data from department of state, visa Issuances for Montreal, number of visas were issued from Montreal ..

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2020 - IV Issuances by FSC and Visa Class.pdf

My documentation was complete in Jan 2019 and since Sept '20 my priority date is current (EB1 India). Have been waiting for US Consulate in Montreal to schedule interview .. Would appreciate if forum members can share recent experience / updates.

Cheers!

I'm not sure they've restarted those visa categories.  So far it looks like only K1 and CR1 have been restarted.  There are a few EB visa members on here, you may want to search out the threads (mostly are eb2 or eb3) or look through this forum to find them.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 7 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 11:49 PM, vancitycdn8 said:

Hey everyone!

Thanks!!!

Our date is March 11, 2020.  Have you had any info about an interview?  It looks like they are only doing EB1's that were DQ'ed between  July-SEptember, 2019.  At this rate our interviews will probably not be until February-March, 2022.  Our application has been at THe Department of State for 911 days!  Very frustrating!

16 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

Our date is March 11, 2020.  Have you had any info about an interview?  It looks like they are only doing EB1's that were DQ'ed between  July-SEptember, 2019.  At this rate our interviews will probably not be until February-March, 2022.  Our application has been at THe Department of State for 911 days!  Very frustrating!

You should follow the EB2 forum for getting recent updates  .. Though the topic title says EB2, but it has members from all EB classes. I tried to paste the URL here but for some of reason it converts it into the picture.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:57 AM, Jm1980 said:

6-8 months

I would say that this estimate is very optimistic. I would say - expect to have ~12-15 months of waiting game as they just scheduled several people who were DQed in September 2019 in EB category. I think in May they gave only 7 EB visas according to stats.

Sorry! I want to be wrong in my estimates, really do. 

Edited by Van24

10 hours ago, Sorrel said:

Nope nothing new. I have only received the automated emails.... I agree it seems like we'll still be waiting until Spring 2022 at the earliest, but most likely later considering the huge backlog and slow restart of operations at the MTL consulate

11 hours ago, vancitycdn8 said:

Nope nothing new. I have only received the automated emails.... I agree it seems like we'll still be waiting until Spring 2022 at the earliest, but most likely later considering the huge backlog and slow restart of operations at the MTL consulate

We all want to be wrong with our estimates!  But they have unused numbers for 2021, so hopefully they willtry and use some before  the end of their fiscal year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.