Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/2/2021 at 9:10 PM, Hamilton said:

Hi all, I received my 10-year card today!!! A great start to 2021. 

I hope you all hear soon too! My case was at LIN, which is supposed to be one of the slowest centers, so it just goes to show you can't predict any of this process!

Congrats! But I believe the slowest service center is Potomac, to my sadness. :)

1 hour ago, SouthBrook said:

Congrats! But I believe the slowest service center is Potomac, to my sadness. :)

Thanks! And maybe then you will hear surprisingly early too, never can tell 😃 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I really wish there was a way to figure out a rhyme or reason to how they process forms, for example having kids (but a couple who have been processed don't have kids), or home country of spouse (My husband is from Macedonia), or even service center (We have MSC which isn't even an option when checking processing times). We are still case received with 0 updates. I guess they maybe just close their eyes, stick their hand in the pile and pull out a file.... Now that it's January I am going to start collecting everything I need for citizenship so I can apply ASAP in April! Good luck everyone, hope we all get processed within a month or 2! 

4 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

I guess they maybe just close their eyes, stick their hand in the pile and pull out a file.... 

It really does feel that way! I got approved from LIN as an April filer the same week as another LIN filer who filed in Feb. And there are lots of folks still waiting...

I'll be applying for N400 in April too! What paperwork are you thinking of collecting? I haven't been able to figure out what is needed -- it seems they may only need a few marriage-related documents (like tax transcripts?). Do we need to send them all the millions of things again (like joint insurance, joint leases, joint bills, etc.)?

Timeline
17 hours ago, Hamilton said:

It really does feel that way! I got approved from LIN as an April filer the same week as another LIN filer who filed in Feb. And there are lots of folks still waiting...

I'll be applying for N400 in April too! What paperwork are you thinking of collecting? I haven't been able to figure out what is needed -- it seems they may only need a few marriage-related documents (like tax transcripts?). Do we need to send them all the millions of things again (like joint insurance, joint leases, joint bills, etc.)?

Hi 

I know I read somewhere that you can apply 90 days before your 3years of residence but can't find that now, same as we did with the green card. From what I can see the evidence they need is mostly marriage certificate, tax records, bank statements etc. Here is a document checklist: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/attachments.pdf

I know you can do it online as well, but part of me wants to print out another forest just so I can physically see that all the paperwork is there, main reason I was wanting to start now. 

I also read somewhere that when you apply for naturalisation and the application is accepted, the green card department then has 15 days to process the 10yr green card in order for the naturalisation department to process the file, may be faster than just waiting....

12 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

I know you can do it online as well, but part of me wants to print out another forest just so I can physically see that all the paperwork is there, main reason I was wanting to start now. 

I almost feel like paper is easier because we've done it twice and so there's a routine there that we can follow. That said, I think I saw rumors swirling around on VJ that the online route is faster? I'm not sure how one uploads millions of evidence documents online though...

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I almost feel like paper is easier because we've done it twice and so there's a routine there that we can follow. That said, I think I saw rumors swirling around on VJ that the online route is faster? I'm not sure how one uploads millions of evidence documents online though...

I know right, been there done that let's just press the repeat button. That would be so much paperwork to upload and if something goes wrong and the documents don't go through properly..... I am sure online is a bit faster but the possibility of issues electronically. I don't know. Maybe I will print everything out and have it in hand and then upload each piece, at least that way I have something to look back at. We should just morph this thread into naturalisation applications from April, since most of us will be doing this and since we have all gone through everything together already, it's like we are old friends :) 

Timeline

@Hamilton I was just reviewing the document checklist and it looks like a significantly smaller forest will suffer destruction on the naturalization application: 

copy of green card (I am assuming the notice of extension too if they haven't sent the 10yr green card)

a check for $725 (total with biometrics)

Evidence the spouse is a US citizen (for me that is a copy of my naturalization certificate)

copy of marriage certificate 

Tax transcript OR IRS certified copies of income tax forms OR tax returns/bank accounts/leases etc... (I am assuming you only need to send one of these that cover the 3yrs as resident, but I might send more just in case)

Those are the main ones unless previously married, criminal charges, military service etc....I am going to make a printed copy for reference and then try the online form. That way. Ican take the next couple of months to prepare and print and make sure it is all ready, then just one day to upload and send in the application. 

3 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

@Hamilton I was just reviewing the document checklist and it looks like a significantly smaller forest will suffer destruction on the naturalization application: 

copy of green card (I am assuming the notice of extension too if they haven't sent the 10yr green card)

a check for $725 (total with biometrics)

Evidence the spouse is a US citizen (for me that is a copy of my naturalization certificate)

copy of marriage certificate 

Tax transcript OR IRS certified copies of income tax forms OR tax returns/bank accounts/leases etc... (I am assuming you only need to send one of these that cover the 3yrs as resident, but I might send more just in case)

Those are the main ones unless previously married, criminal charges, military service etc....I am going to make a printed copy for reference and then try the online form. That way. Ican take the next couple of months to prepare and print and make sure it is all ready, then just one day to upload and send in the application. 

I'm pretty sure I'll do the online app instead of paper. I hate mailing things.

So looking at the N400 application's instructions document, it only lists a few things that you mention in your post. But if you look at page 11 point 7A "Other documents", it lists a lot of other documents like leases etc. that you should bring to the *interview* if you are naturalizing through marriage. BUT it also says "you may also submit copies of these documents with your application". So I'm not sure if people applying under the 3 year marriage rule are also choosing to submit all the additional evidence too. I don't want to end up submitting too little paperwork... 

Edit - here's the link to the instructions for N400: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/n-400instr.pdf

Edited by Hamilton

13 hours ago, thine said:

Did any April 2020 I751 Filers got their 10 year green card? 

A few people from the service center LIN have! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pee&Eee said:

Patiently waiting :)

20 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

A few people from the service center LIN have! 

any one got interviewed or interview scheduled? 

18 hours ago, thine said:

Did any April 2020 I751 Filers got their 10 year green card? 

Case officially approved!  Yeah!

SRC January 06 2020 received Approved notice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.