Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, lovelydaisies said:

I just wanted to share my timeline until the notice of action today. 

April 25, 2020: Sent I-751 through USPS to PO Box in Phoenix, Arizona. 

April 27, 2020: Delivered. 

April 28, 2020: Received Date by USCIS

May 1, 2020: Checks cashed by USCIS

I checked Visa Journey from time to time what other people's average timeline is and to get some information in the mean time. 

My husband and I just waited for a notice. 

May  26, 2020: Called and asked someone to get my receipt number, which starts with WAC ... 

Also we told him that we did not receive any notice since the filing. 

He advised us to email lockboxsupport@dhs.uscis.gov 

May 27, 2020: Emailed to lockbox support. 

May 28, 2020: Filled out an e-request form (Case Inquiry: Did not receive notice by mail)

In addition, we called USCIS and talked to someone. But we only learned that all we could do is to wait. 

June 2, 2020: Received an email regarding e-request. 

Part that I can share goes like this: 

... sent you the receipt notice to the address you gave us.

The U. S. Postal Service has not returned your receipt notice as undeliverable.

As a one-time courtesy, we will mail you another copy of the notice to the address of record as reflected by the information in your inquiry. 

As of today, June 8, 2020, I received a notice of action saying that my GC is extended 18 months from the expiration date of my current GC. 

I hope my experience helps. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all!

I just received my informed delivery from USPS with a picture of my re-mailed NOA. Yay! So I wanted to give everyone my timeline too, just in case it helps.

April 30th - Case was received by USCIS

May 5th - Received text with receipt number

May 30th - No NOA received

June 2nd - Called USCIS, received a number to give to an officer who would be calling me back within a day or two, along with the number they would be calling from. I never received that call. Was also transferred to another officer who gave me the lockbox email address. Emailed that, and also put in a non-delivery of receipt notice on the website. Received email confirmation  from both the lockbox and from the non-delivery service request.

June 3rd - Received email from the service request that the NOA will be resent

June 9th - USPS Informed Delivery shows NOA

UPDATE:

Got a call from tier 2 officer with regards to scheduling an appointment for the stamp. She explained that due to my GC expiring on July 10th. This does not qualify for an info pass appointment (I knew this already). I went on to explain my situation and how I have had no luck in obtaining my extension letter. She put me on hold and wrote an email on behalf of me to lock box division. She explained I would hear within 15 days with regards to getting a copy of my NOA. That was that.  🤷🏽‍♀️ All I can do is wait and then retry the non delivery inquiry again on June 17th. That day will mark 60 days! Haha excellent! 😂😭😭😂😭😭

I sent the non delivery of notice service request on 6/7/2020 and only got an automated confirmation that the service request was received, but it does not show up on my case status yet and I see that its been assigned to an officer.

I also sent an email to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov on 6/7/2020, but never received any confirmation.

Anyone in the same boat?

Edited by bizmark03

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/2020    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/07/2020    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/12/2020    - SMS notification received.  

06/12/2020    - Case updated to fingerprints taken.

06/29/2020    - NOA with 18 month extension received.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
12 hours ago, lovelydaisies said:

As of today, June 8, 2020, I received a notice of action saying that my GC is extended 18 months from the expiration date of my current GC. 

So does it actually say on the NOA that the green card is extended and that you are legal to live and work in the US? 

The DMV told me they had to have documentation that specifically mentions this. 

I sent the lockbox another email today. I can't do another non-delivery from the website until June 22nd.... 

1 hour ago, Daneandkathy said:

So does it actually say on the NOA that the green card is extended and that you are legal to live and work in the US? 

The DMV told me they had to have documentation that specifically mentions this. 

I sent the lockbox another email today. I can't do another non-delivery from the website until June 22nd.... 

Yes, it does. That's the first line in the letter. And it goes like this:

This notice, presented with your expired GC, is evidence of your status and work authorization. 

I'm sorry but looks like you have to just wait and see if lockbox or e-request would respond with an appropriate answer. 

Sent non-receipt inquiry on 25 May 2020. Received automated response to expect a reply by 16 June 2020. Haven't heard of anything else at all, and it is frustrating when I see people who submitted the inquiry later than me and already receiving a response and/or their NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, lovelydaisies said:

Yes, it does. That's the first line in the letter. And it goes like this:

This notice, presented with your expired GC, is evidence of your status and work authorization. 

I'm sorry but looks like you have to just wait and see if lockbox or e-request would respond with an appropriate answer. 

Thanks  I am happy to hear that at least. So all I need is to get the NOA and we should be sorted. If I don't hear anything by next week I will call again. His DL only expires August 11th so hopefully before then. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

Sent non-receipt inquiry on 25 May 2020. Received automated response to expect a reply by 16 June 2020. Haven't heard of anything else at all, and it is frustrating when I see people who submitted the inquiry later than me and already receiving a response and/or their NOA

I would try to call them, and speak to an officer, or you ask to get a call back from an officer, and explain your situation, I believe that could speed up a response from their end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received this in my email today from USCIS-CaseStatus@dhs.gov

"The status of this service request is:

Recently, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed although, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  A receipt notice was mailed to the address provided with this inquiry.  Please confirm your current address with your local United States Postal Service office and follow the instructions on the notice.

We hope this information is helpful to you."

Does that mean they are mailing me another NOA?

Anyone get this same response?

10 minutes ago, manoni said:

I would try to call them, and speak to an officer, or you ask to get a call back from an officer, and explain your situation, I believe that could speed up a response from their end.

Knowing them, they will probably give me a runaround, like many others have reported here and elsewhere! If I do call or get any updates I will post it here!

1 hour ago, shen4663 said:

Recently, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent you a notice of receipt for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) that you filed although, you informed USCIS that you did not receive that receipt notice.  A receipt notice was mailed to the address provided with this inquiry.  Please confirm your current address with your local United States Postal Service office and follow the instructions on the notice.

What does this even mean?! Why do they keep giving us these weird responses. Just send our notices out... why would we lie?! I honestly don’t know what that means. Call customer service and question this statement. Try to get to a tier 2 officer to get answers. 

2 hours ago, shen4663 said:

My email said the below and I received NOA 4 business days later.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate your Receipt Notice was mailed to the address on file and the notice was not returned as undeliverable by the United States Postal Service (USPS).  We have requested the notice be sent to the address listed in our systems. You should receive it within 10-14 business days.
NOTE: Please be sure you are registered to receive mail at the address listed in our systems.  Your name must be physically placed on the mailbox.  Keep the USPS informed as to who resides at your address, especially when individuals with different last names receive mail at a specified address.  This and failure to submit address changes are the two main reasons mail is returned to us as undeliverable.
We hope this information is helpful to you.

Edited by Kateryna_I

17 minutes ago, Kateryna_I said:

My email said the below and I received NOA 4 business days later.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate your Receipt Notice was mailed to the address on file and the notice was not returned as undeliverable by the United States Postal Service (USPS).  We have requested the notice be sent to the address listed in our systems. You should receive it within 10-14 business days.
NOTE: Please be sure you are registered to receive mail at the address listed in our systems.  Your name must be physically placed on the mailbox.  Keep the USPS informed as to who resides at your address, especially when individuals with different last names receive mail at a specified address.  This and failure to submit address changes are the two main reasons mail is returned to us as undeliverable.
We hope this information is helpful to you.

Did you send an email to lockbox ?

3 minutes ago, Nico Botero said:

Did you send an email to lockbox ?

yes, I did. And I also called USCIS and received this email the next day. Not sure if this is connected. 

Edited by Kateryna_I

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.