Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Jenny0982 said:

Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum. My GC is going to expire on Jul 3. I filed the form I-751 on Apr 27TH. I didn't receive the NOA. On May 27TH I called USCIS and they told me to send an email to Lockbox Support. I sent the email and I got an automatic response; however, I never got a real reply from a live person.

After checking on this forum, I sent an e-request for the missing form on May 29TH. I got an SR case number, but for some reason, no one has reply to me. I called USCIS again, and I am on the list to be called by a Tear 2 Officer. Nonetheless, for what I am seem here, they are not scheduling appointments.

I was on maternity leave at my current job since November 2019. I was trying to return on March 2020, but because of the COVID 19, I was sent home in a leave of absence. This week my boss called me to return since the Orlando Theme Parks are reopening, but she needs proof of legal status.

I am not sure if that is considered an emergency, but due to the fact that I don't qualify for unemployment and that I have a newborn, I need the job.

This situation is very frustrating.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/51-reverifying-employment-authorization-current-employees#:~:text=Reverification is never required for,)%2C and List B documents.

I don't think you need to provide re-verification

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, CRZ123 said:

I explained that to my employer, but in the past they were fined by the Department of Homeland Security. Looks like the used to employ undocumented workers and they were caught. Now, they want a valid GC.

Thank you for the info.

Just now, Jenny0982 said:

I explained that to my employer, but in the past they were fined by the Department of Homeland Security. Looks like the used to employ undocumented workers and they were caught. Now, they want a valid GC.

Thank you for the info.

Wait to speak to an officer and explain this all. It seems recently Some people are getting NOA through the online inquiries So try to keep positive. If not, you can also put a case forward to the ombudsman Office. I did this yesterday as I’m reaching 60 days over and no NOA. I got a generate email that they received the case and will respond shortly. Good luck

https://www.dhs.gov/ombudsman-update-mailing-issues-have-you-not-received-uscis-document-or-card

40 minutes ago, Jenny0982 said:

Thank you for the info.

Technically, I probably would stand on my ground fight for this. Feel like this is our right, your right to continue working without being bothered. And you are doing everything right and should not be punished for that.btw, the page I sent you updated on April 27,2020 

Edited by CRZ123

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
On 6/5/2020 at 10:00 AM, Talako said:

Sorry for the confusion, it is not that the job NEEDS the stamp or the GC, its that they will write a note saying the need to see it and that he needs a DL in order to work so hopefully, if USCIS says they won't give him an appointment  because a DL is not considered an emergency then we are hoping the letter from the employer will make them give us an appointment. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey all

Can you help me with clarification please, since USCIS is not making appointments to give stamps so we can renew a drivers license, my husband's job is going to write a letter for us stating that to continue work he needs a drivers license and that they also need to see proof of eligibility of employment (especially if we haven't got the NOA within the next two weeks), hopefully this will help us to get an appointment 

So I want to make sure I give them the correct information for the letter:

-we are currently awaiting approval of the I-751, to remove restrictions and provide him with a permanent resident card

-in the mean time we need the I-551 also known as the ADIT stamp in his passport as proof of being allowed to work in the US (this is the part I am not sure of the correct terminology)

Are there any other codes or stamps or such that I should have them include in the letter?? 

Thanks so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Update regarding the receipt notice,

Today I received an email stating the following:

"We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. You recently called to inform us that you have not received a receipt notice. We have requested your receipt notice to be mailed to the address provided. The receipt notice describes how we will process your case.  Please follow the instructions in the notice"

Also my online status was updated to the following:

On June 5, 2020 My request is now assigned to an officer

On June 8, 2020, we sent a response to your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive.

On June 8, 2020, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, , was completed.

Any one received the notice recently, after filing the non delivery and calling USCIS?

8 minutes ago, manoni said:

"We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. You recently called to inform us that you have not received a receipt notice. We have requested your receipt notice to be mailed to the address provided. The receipt notice describes how we will process your case.  Please follow the instructions in the notice"

On June 8, 2020, we sent a response to your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive.

On June 8, 2020, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, , was completed.

Any one received the notice recently, after filing the non delivery and calling USCIS?

you are lucky, congrats, I sent my inquiry on June 3rd and they havent responded yet

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nico Botero said:

you are lucky, congrats, I sent my inquiry on June 3rd and they havent responded yet

I sent mine on 05/28, and got a call back for the stamp thing that didn't work, then this is the last update, hopefully it means am going to receive it soon!

am just wondering if this is how it is to get a receipt notice, which is suppose to be an automatic procedure, if the file was well received without errors!!

Am hoping the rest of the process will be a smooth journey...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, manoni said:

How do you track the status of online inquiry? I have request ID SRxxxxxxxxxMSC but I cannot figure out how to track the status of it. I have asked this question multiple times, but haven't been successful. I can track my I751 case that starts with MSCXXXXXXXXX but cannot figure out how to track the online inquiry.  I do have an online account with USCIS but I don't see an option there either for tracking.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kp&kp said:

How do you track the status of online inquiry? I have request ID SRxxxxxxxxxMSC but I cannot figure out how to track the status of it. I have asked this question multiple times, but haven't been successful. I can track my I751 case that starts with MSCXXXXXXXXX but cannot figure out how to track the online inquiry.  I do have an online account with USCIS but I don't see an option there either for tracking.

I think you can not track it, you only get update on the I751 case  with your case number, if you so far got one! and what ever process would be included along the way, so this reference no. you get for your online inquiry for the receipt notice would be updated on your online account case tracking once there is a new update and any decision has been taken.

hope this makes sense to you and clear.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, manoni said:

I think you can not track it, you only get update on the I751 case  with your case number, if you so far got one! and what ever process would be included along the way, so this reference no. you get for your online inquiry for the receipt notice would be updated on your online account case tracking once there is a new update and any decision has been taken.

hope this makes sense to you and clear.

Its all so frustrating and waiting is all we can do. Be patient and hang in there

On 6/6/2020 at 11:41 AM, ShanghaiSurfer said:

Thank you. They replied June 1st. We got the letter yesterday so it took only 5 days for it to be received. 

Thank you! My NOA arrived today. 

Good luck everyone. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
4 hours ago, manoni said:

I did same. Was assigned to an officer but no response yet. 

I just wanted to share my timeline until the notice of action today. 

April 25, 2020: Sent I-751 through USPS to PO Box in Phoenix, Arizona. 

April 27, 2020: Delivered. 

April 28, 2020: Received Date by USCIS

May 1, 2020: Checks cashed by USCIS

I checked Visa Journey from time to time what other people's average timeline is and to get some information in the mean time. 

My husband and I just waited for a notice. 

May  26, 2020: Called and asked someone to get my receipt number, which starts with WAC ... 

Also we told him that we did not receive any notice since the filing. 

He advised us to email lockboxsupport@dhs.uscis.gov 

May 27, 2020: Emailed to lockbox support. 

May 28, 2020: Filled out an e-request form (Case Inquiry: Did not receive notice by mail)

June 2, 2020: Received an email regarding e-request. 

Part that I can share goes like this: 

... sent you the receipt notice to the address you gave us.

The U. S. Postal Service has not returned your receipt notice as undeliverable.

As a one-time courtesy, we will mail you another copy of the notice to the address of record as reflected by the information in your inquiry. 

As of today, June 8, 2020, I received a notice of action saying that my GC is extended 18 months from the expiration date of my current GC. 

I hope my experience helps. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.