Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, CRZ123 said:

This is really helpful, thanks!!! Btw how did you find out if the non delivery thing been assign to an officer? I only receive a auto message with a case number.

I went on my online account and it came up under case updates. Give it some time and you’ll hear something! 

3 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

I went on my online account and it came up under case updates. Give it some time and you’ll hear something! 

Ok! Yea it hasn't show up anything yet. But for what it worth, the USCIS customer service said - its legal to continue stay after the GC expired, because you will have your appointment scheduled. Then she also said print out the case status online and carry with. 

Edited by CRZ123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

My luck in all my visa has been everything happens on the last day before it’s out of processing time. 😂 It’s very annoying. But fingers crossed it all works out and if not we can call just support one another as best we can! 

mine was just ok, not the fastest nor too many delays! as you said let's keep each other informed with the latest updates.

Update about the I551 stamp on my passport,  I got a phone call today from USCIS as it was scheduled 48 hours earlier... and the outcome was not any positive, the officer said they only schedule emergency info pass , and asked me what is my emergency, my only emergency is to renew my Driving License that will be expired on 07/23 , so she said i have to call back first week of july and I should prepare a letter from the DMV stating that they will not renew my driving license with my current green card, which is obviously they will  not renew it!  also she said some one should call me on june 12 for my non delivery request to check what is going on  with my notice! Ugh...

1 minute ago, Stark44 said:

Have any April filers received NOA yet? Also have all April filers had their previous biometrics used? If so how long after your case was received did the update change to notify you of this or is there no online notification but a mail to you that lets you know?

I received my NOA 7 days from receipt date of 4/13/20. Assigned to WAC/CSC. I received SMS notification that case was received, no email. 

No update since then, no bio update. 

I-130 & I-485 (AOS) Concurrent Filing | Approved in 13 months & 10 days

Spoiler

05/27/2017: I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

05/31/2017: Priority Date for I-130 & I-485; Received Date for all 4 cases

06/30/2017: Biometrics completed

07/13/2017: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

09/19/2017: Submitted online case inquiry for EAD

09/20/2017: Approval Date for EAD & AP (117 days from filing date)

09/25/2017: Received hard copy I-797 Notices of Action (EAD & AP)

09/27/2017: Received Combo Card (EAD & AP)

12/27/2017: Submitted online case inquiry/SR for I-485/I-130 

05/17/2018: Received email response re: SR  

05/29/2018: Notice Date for AOS Interview scheduled

07/06/2018: AOS Interview & Approval Date (406 days from filing date) 

07/13/2018: Conditional Green Card in hand (CR6)

I-751 Removal of Conditions (ROC) Filing | Approved in 12 months & 9 days

Spoiler

03/18/2020: USCIS sent Reminder to File Form I-751 notice (sent to old address)

03/31/2020: USPS processed Return to Sender mail to NBC (Reminder to File Form I-751 notice)

04/02/2020: NBC received  Return to Sender mail (Reminder to File Form I-751 notice)

04/06/2020: Received Reminder to File Form I-751 notice in the mail to our current address

04/07/2020: ROC window opens

04/11/2020: I-751 Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox via USPS

04/13/2020: Package delivered to Phoenix Lockbox; Received Date for I-751

04/15/2020: Credit Card charged

04/16/2020: Case was received, assigned to WACNotice Date for I-751

04/17/2020: SMS notification that case was received

04/20/2020: Received hard copy I-797 NOA

09/30/2020: Old fingerprints were applied to ROC application

12/30/2020: SMS/e-mail received that case was transferred and new office has jurisdiction

01/04/2021: Received Transfer Notice to NBC 

04/19/2021: New card is being produced; Approval Notice date (374 days from filing date

04/20/2021: Case was approved notification received

04/21/2021: Card has been mailed to me notification

04/22/2021: I-751 Approval Notice received

04/24/2021: Permanent Green Card in hand (IR6)

N-400 Naturalization Filing | TBD

Spoiler

04/07/2021: N-400 Window opens (based on 3 year residency rule)

42 minutes ago, manoni said:

mine was just ok, not the fastest nor too many delays! as you said let's keep each other informed with the latest updates.

Update about the I551 stamp on my passport,  I got a phone call today from USCIS as it was scheduled 48 hours earlier... and the outcome was not any positive, the officer said they only schedule emergency info pass , and asked me what is my emergency, my only emergency is to renew my Driving License that will be expired on 07/23 , so she said i have to call back first week of july and I should prepare a letter from the DMV stating that they will not renew my driving license with my current green card, which is obviously they will  not renew it!  also she said some one should call me on june 12 for my non delivery request to check what is going on  with my notice! Ugh...

That's the answer I got too. They only schedule emergency appointment. When is your GC expired?

40 minutes ago, manoni said:

Noooooo! 😭 This is so disheartening! Why are they doing this to us?! Like seriously why?! I’m so mad and so angry for you, for me, or all of us! 

ugh! I’m still waiting for my call but I’ll definitely say something! Why are officers telling us this and then to be rejected?!?! I’m so angry! I’m sorry!! 

11 minutes ago, Stark44 said:

Have any April filers received NOA yet? Also have all April filers had their previous biometrics used? If so how long after your case was received did the update change to notify you of this or is there no online notification but a mail to you that lets you know?

I’ve had previous biometrics applied to my case and in this longggg whirlwind journey of trying to obtain the NOA!! 

2 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Noooooo! 😭 This is so disheartening! Why are they doing this to us?! Like seriously why?! I’m so mad and so angry for you, for me, or all of us! 

ugh! I’m still waiting for my call but I’ll definitely say something! Why are officers telling us this and then to be rejected?!?! I’m so angry! I’m sorry!! 

I m secretly hoping since USCIS is reopen, we should expecting the case moving along but quicker. Praying and patience. The ball is in their court. All we can do is try. And we did. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

I honestly I was speechless, didn't know what to say, I forgot to ask if  there was any Notice sent initially and got lost or they haven't sent any to start with!!!!    when i saw their number on my phone screen i was so exited that I will have a closure for my NOA, but here we are again to square one, but i keep saying to my self just do what I can do and the rest will take its course no matter what. in any case i don't think that receiving the notice would affect the processing time of the case! 

Hopefully you get better outcome than mine :) 

2 minutes ago, manoni said:

I honestly I was speechless, didn't know what to say, I forgot to ask if  there was any Notice sent initially and got lost or they haven't sent any to start with!!!!    when i saw their number on my phone screen i was so exited that I will have a closure for my NOA, but here we are again to square one, but i keep saying to my self just do what I can do and the rest will take its course no matter what. in any case i don't think that receiving the notice would affect the processing time of the case! 

Hopefully you get better outcome than mine :) 

Of course! When I was told about the stamp, I completely forgot to ask all the basics... how long is it valid for? What does this mean?! What’s your name again?! Lol it’s completely understandable. I think the next step is to file another non delivery when you can and worst case do the emergency stamp.

In terms of getting a letter from DMV... erm what DMV person will actually do that?! Are you kidding me?! Of course we need an extension letter for our DL! We’ve all been told that when we last applied. 

I will see... I’m not going to hold out for it but I will be ready to ask those questions for us!! You can call customer service again and explain it (AGAIN) and hope to speak to a tier 2 and find that info out. I know for definite nothing was ever sent for me. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Out of curiosity has anyone tried to renew their Drivers License before their GC expires? I know you can renew up to a year a before the DL expires, and I am wondering if we go in now and renew before the GC expires if they will accept and renew.... any thoughts 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Out of curiosity has anyone tried to renew their Drivers License before their GC expires? I know you can renew up to a year a before the DL expires, and I am wondering if we go in now and renew before the GC expires if they will accept and renew.... any thoughts 

That has been on my mind as well , wonder if they will renew your DL beyond your GC card expiry date , my DL actually expires a couple of months after my current card expires. If we can get the DL renewed it would be ideal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.