Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 5/28/2020 at 1:21 PM, manoni said:

This is the email i got back when I sent my request through the lockbox. 

hopefully  the E case enquiry will work just fine!

Thank you for contacting Lockbox Support,

Your inquiry has been received. We appreciate your patience as we respond to each request sent to us in the order in which they have been received. You should expect to receive a reply to your inquiry within the next 30 business days.

Email Responses

Lockbox Support can provide assistance with filing an application or petition at any of the three USCIS Lockbox locations inChicago, Dallas/Lewisville, or Phoenix. But once a filing has been forwarded to a USCIS center for processing, the Lockbox has no further role in the adjudication process, no role in issuing cards, travel documents, or visas, and no role in scheduling appointments or interviews.

If you have already received confirmation that your filing has been accepted and it is being processed at a USCIS center or if your inquiry is not related to an application or petition mailed to one the three USCIS Lockbox locations, you will not receive a response to your email, and you should refer instead to one of the more appropriate points of contact listed on the USCIS Contact Center and USCIS Tools web pages to request assistance.

Lockbox Support may be unable to provide assistance or respond:

If your question relates to…

Instead, to request assistance please…

An application or petition mailed directly to a USCIS service center or filed online

Refer to the USCIS Contact Center and to theUSCIS Tools web pages.

An application or petition that has already been forwarded by the Lockbox for processing to another USCIS office

A request to expedite a case that has already been accepted by the Lockbox...

A permanent resident card, EAD card, or travel document that has not beenreceived or contains incorrectinformation…

A request to schedule or change the date of an appointment or interview

A request for a reissued RFE notice,appointment notice, interview notice,approval notice, or denial notice…

A request to revise or change an addresslisted in USCIS records…

A request to withdraw a pending case…

A question about your eligibility to file

Lockbox Receipt Notices

If you mailed an application or petition to any of the three USCIS Lockbox locations, you should expect to receive a written notice through the mail within 30 days of the receipt of your filing at the Lockbox.

If your submission is accepted and you included Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, with your filing, you will also receive an emailed notice or text message with the receipt number for your filing after it has been reviewed and processed by the Lockbox.

General Questions, Filing Guidance

If you have general questions, you may find the information and guidance you need on the USCIS website or by exploring the information available on myUSCIS. Our website provides current forms, filing instructions and fee guidance at no charge.

More specific tips and guidance related to filing forms with the three Lockbox locations are also available on the USCIS website:Form Filing Tips, Lockbox Intake Processing Tip Sheet, and Additional Information on Filing a Fee Waiver.

Monitoring Your Case

After your filing has been accepted, you can follow the progress of your application or petition by visiting Case Status Online, and entering the receipt number for your case.  Or you can create an online USCIS account to track your case and receive automatic status updates by email or text message. Current processing times for forms being adjudicated at USCIS service centers and field offices are also reported on the USCIS web site.

The Lockbox Support Team

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Hi, I am a little worried because we emailed the lockbox email this morning and we did not receive such automatic response email at all. (checked spam folder as well.) Does this mean my email was not devliered to them? 😕

Did you just email them once or several times before you got this automatic response email? 

May 15, 2020 ROC Mailed Out

May 18, 2020 Delivered Thru USPS

June 4, 2020 Check Cashed & Text Msg Received (WAC Center)

June 17, 2020 NO NOA :(

June 18, 2020 submitted e-request for not getting NOA & assigned to an officer right away

June 19, 2020 officer replied and NOA sent out

June 25, 2020 NOA In mail (yay)

Timeline
On 5/6/2020 at 3:19 PM, iwbltf said:

Hi all, thanks for the advice!

I did call today, and the customer service representative confirmed they had received our packet.  It turns out they've rejected our application due to the check being written for the wrong amount.  They've sent a rejection letter and application back to us in the mail (sent on May 4th), so it should be arrive here in the next few days.  We'll correct the error and send it back in.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient and effective the phone call was.  I had to call in years ago when we were first in the I-129 stage of the K-1 process, and I back then I had to try calling every day for about a week before I got through (and then waited on hold for a ridiculously long time before I could speak to someone).  After listening to all of the menu options this time around, I was immediately connected to a customer service representative, and she was very nice and very helpful.

Hi 

We got rejected to due to wrong check amount. We resubmitted again and it was delivered to them on May 18th. however, until today, they still have not cashed our check.

SO I just want to them when did you re sent your package and if the check has been cashed yet?

Thank you and good luck

May 15, 2020 ROC Mailed Out

May 18, 2020 Delivered Thru USPS

June 4, 2020 Check Cashed & Text Msg Received (WAC Center)

June 17, 2020 NO NOA :(

June 18, 2020 submitted e-request for not getting NOA & assigned to an officer right away

June 19, 2020 officer replied and NOA sent out

June 25, 2020 NOA In mail (yay)

Hi there! quick question, I am preparing my I-751 form, supporting documents in order to apply for Petition of Removal of Conditions, can somebody tell me if the sworn affidavits should be notarized or just singed and dated is enough?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by Becs

Timeline

We just got a reply from USCIS on the service request about our missing NOA:

“On May 24, you contacted USCIS about your form I-751. We will mail a copy of your receipt notice. Please allow 30 days for the copy of your receipt notice to arrive.“

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, anna8888 said:

Hi, I am a little worried because we emailed the lockbox email this morning and we did not receive such automatic response email at all. (checked spam folder as well.) Does this mean my email was not devliered to them? 😕

Did you just email them once or several times before you got this automatic response email? 

yes I emailed them just once, but I read some people in here had to send several emails before getting any response back, but I advise you to send the online inquiry as well, you should get an immediate email with case number.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Becs said:

Hi there! quick question, I am preparing my I-751 form, supporting documents in order to apply for Petition of Removal of Conditions, can somebody tell me if the sworn affidavits should be notarized or just singed and dated is enough?

Hey there.

I submitted mine just signed by the individuals, no notary involved. I don't believe they need to be notarized.

-Henri

Edited by thatawfulwait

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, I'm in the same boat - filing date of April 30th and no NOA. I called USCIS today and was also told to email the lockbox address.

Now I'm a bit worried - my GC expires on June 30th. Would that NOA extend my GC? I have a job and while they would bring me back after my GC got extended, I definitely cannot be unemployed at the moment (especially because we probably can't even apply for unemployment if our GC isn't extended). Has anyone had their GC expire during this time, and if so, what happened?

20 minutes ago, Saturnalia said:

Hi all, I'm in the same boat - filing date of April 30th and no NOA. I called USCIS today and was also told to email the lockbox address.

Now I'm a bit worried - my GC expires on June 30th. Would that NOA extend my GC? I have a job and while they would bring me back after my GC got extended, I definitely cannot be unemployed at the moment (especially because we probably can't even apply for unemployment if our GC isn't extended). Has anyone had their GC expire during this time, and if so, what happened?

Call customer services and tell them this. They should push you to a tier 2 officer . You can also put in online inquiry with your USCIS account. Your GC is automatically extended for 18 months but you just need the letter as proof. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Call customer services and tell them this. They should push you to a tier 2 officer . You can also put in online inquiry with your USCIS account. Your GC is automatically extended for 18 months but you just need the letter as proof. 

Unfortunately I was transferred to a tier 2 officer when I called - she was the one who told me to email the lockbox, and also couldn't even answer a question as simple as "what kind of information should I include in the subject line?".

I emailed lockbox and also sent in the inquiry... hopefully that works!!

6 minutes ago, Saturnalia said:

Unfortunately I was transferred to a tier 2 officer when I called - she was the one who told me to email the lockbox, and also couldn't even answer a question as simple as "what kind of information should I include in the subject line?".

I emailed lockbox and also sent in the inquiry... hopefully that works!!

I’m sorry... I got out through to tier 2 and they told me call back Thursday to get a stamp 🤷🏽‍♀️ I’m waiting to submit another inquiry after June 17th. Good luck! Keep us posted 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
17 hours ago, Becs said:

In my opinion, any sworn affidavits must be notarized to validate it, however, I read here on VJ that it's not that compulsory as some VJers did not include any sworn affidavits and still got their cases approved. For me I would advice, you can have it notarized...

Timeline

I did call USCIS, today to follow up with my missing receipt notice, this is after sending an email to the lockbox and and online request on 05/28. The lady raised a request fro me, and she gave me a reference number that I should give it to the agent that suppose to call me back in 24-48 hours to schedule an appointment to get a stamp on my passport also she gave the phone number that I will be getting the  phone call from, she said to avoid any scams!

will update you once I get that phone call, if ever! :)

2 minutes ago, manoni said:

I did call USCIS, today to follow up with my missing receipt notice, this is after sending an email to the lockbox and and online request on 05/28. The lady raised a request fro me, and she gave me a reference number that I should give it to the agent that suppose to call me back in 24-48 hours to schedule an appointment to get a stamp on my passport also she gave the phone number that I will be getting the  phone call from, she said to avoid any scams!

will update you once I get that phone call, if ever! :)

So you got told to get the stamp too! I’m not alone!!! I was told to call back Thursday to schedule an appointment. I’m not sure how the stamp works in terms of DL and employment but it’s great we can leave the country at some point. Also I forgot to question how long is the stamp valid..... maybe you can ask when someone calls you. Keep us posted! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarah_k92 said:

So you got told to get the stamp too! I’m not alone!!! I was told to call back Thursday to schedule an appointment. I’m not sure how the stamp works in terms of DL and employment but it’s great we can leave the country at some point. Also I forgot to question how long is the stamp valid..... maybe you can ask when someone calls you. Keep us posted! 

The stamp will be valid for 18 month she said, same as the extension letter that we didn't get

She told me that the stamp will be good enough to renew my DL and any other matter that I would need my green card for, she sounded like she knows what she is saying not only reading from a script.

Just now, manoni said:

The stamp will be valid for 18 month she said, same as the extension letter that we didn't get

She told me that the stamp will be good enough to renew my DL and any other matter that I would need my green card for, she sounded like she knows what she is saying not only reading from a script.

The officer I had was very rushy... he spoke so fast and I was trying to process everything and didn’t manage to ask these questions. So thank you! Phew! Okay, I was second guessing whether to call to schedule my appointment and just wait to out in my second online inquiry. But I will do this too! Thank you for this! It has taken a HUGE amount of stress and worrying off. I honestly thought I was the only person being told to do this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.