Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, LiRo said:

Thank you! 

I have happened to have a phone call scheduled with them (stamp 🙄🙄) and I got the rudest and unwilling person on the phone (I must be a magnet for those). She told me to write a letter to my local office and ask about rescheduling... basically she rerouted me to the least efficient solution to fix the problem that they caused. 

I hope that you will not have to wait much longer, I am waiting for all of us!

The worst of the worst! I hate the system!! I know you must feel defeated but try again. Don’t settle for that answer. Call again and explain the situation. Just keep asking for a tier 2 officer. Keep calling until something shifts. There will always be one person who will listen. I’m sorry that this has happened especially after all the waiting! Everything will work out in the end… keep on pushing. I hope it gets figured out. 

20 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

The worst of the worst! I hate the system!! I know you must feel defeated but try again. Don’t settle for that answer. Call again and explain the situation. Just keep asking for a tier 2 officer. Keep calling until something shifts. There will always be one person who will listen. I’m sorry that this has happened especially after all the waiting! Everything will work out in the end… keep on pushing. I hope it gets figured out. 

Thank you! I really needed it! I was completely disheartened and ready to give up. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Heads up everyone, there is definitely a system glitch. When USCIS called to schedule my husbands addit stamp appointment they tries to send us to our original USCIS field office in Oregon, but we moved to South Carolina in June and I changed all the addresses. They lady said that she could see our address as South Carolina but the system kept trying to send us to Oregon. She said she had corrected it. However, today he went to go get the stamp and the lady there said be prepared for your interview soon in Oregon. He repeated that we had moved and changed our address, she checked and noted that it was indeed changed but the system kept trying to revert to the original office we applied to. She says she has manually fixed it. So be prepared if you get appointment or interview calls they may try send you to your original office instead of your new location.

Hopefully she meant it that his interview would be within the next month or so, but he has a 1 year stamp for now. They also took his green card so now he has to carry his passport with him... so annoying.

Timeline

So irony seems to be a USCIS trait. 

- 2 yr greencard expired July 2019

- received NOA for 18mth extension in June 2019

- Applied for I-751 April 2020

- was told to call 60 days before NOA expiration (NOV 17 2021) to get appt for Adit stamp.

- got a call 2 days before 30 day phone back time limit and scheduled appt for Tuesday December 21 for stamp.

- Husband receives 12 MTH stamp and they take his green card, since he now has the stamp he has to carry his passport.

-THURSDAY DECEMBER 23 ..... NEW NOA ARRIVES FOR 24MTH EXTENSION AS LONG AS IT IS USED WITHIN CONJUNCTION OF GREEN CARD.... 

- PROCEEDED TO FUME WITH ANNOYANCE..... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

So irony seems to be a USCIS trait. 

- 2 yr greencard expired July 2019

- received NOA for 18mth extension in June 2019

- Applied for I-751 April 2020

- was told to call 60 days before NOA expiration (NOV 17 2021) to get appt for Adit stamp.

- got a call 2 days before 30 day phone back time limit and scheduled appt for Tuesday December 21 for stamp.

- Husband receives 12 MTH stamp and they take his green card, since he now has the stamp he has to carry his passport.

-THURSDAY DECEMBER 23 ..... NEW NOA ARRIVES FOR 24MTH EXTENSION AS LONG AS IT IS USED WITHIN CONJUNCTION OF GREEN CARD.... 

- PROCEEDED TO FUME WITH ANNOYANCE..... 

its not 24 month extension. technically its six month more extension because on extension letter it says from green card expiration date. so they already sent u 18 month extension letter which already expired. the 24 extension letter is extra six month on top of 18 months. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mill&bill said:

its not 24 month extension. technically its six month more extension because on extension letter it says from green card expiration date. so they already sent u 18 month extension letter which already expired. the 24 extension letter is extra six month on top of 18 months. 

@Mill&bill Thanks for the clarification, I was so irritated I didn't even look at it, can't use it anyway since they kept his green card. But we just got notification his N-400 interview (and I assume his I-751 at the same time) will be January 31st. 

I swear they make us jump through goops for fun... so close to the end. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

@Mill&bill Thanks for the clarification, I was so irritated I didn't even look at it, can't use it anyway since they kept his green card. But we just got notification his N-400 interview (and I assume his I-751 at the same time) will be January 31st. 

I swear they make us jump through goops for fun... so close to the end. 

how did u get notification? did his online status change? or through mail?

Timeline

@Mill&bill I got an email notification, then a text. I checked the website and it showed that the N-400 interview had been scheduled and in the documents section there was the letter stating where and when. The email said they would also be sending it in the mail. The next day I got another email stating action had been taken but there was nothing new on the website and the email didn't specify if it was the N-400 or the I-751, am assuming it was just an extra email. 

• 2 weeks later...

My green card finally got issued!! NO INTERVIEW WOHOO! 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

On 1/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, Steph89 said:

Hooray- New card being produced update received today. 

Removal of conditions application received on 4/8/2020. Potomac office. No RFE, no Interview, no N-400 application yet. 

just adding some hope to this thread. Good luck everybody.

Nice! Congratulations! By the way could when did you receive the 24 month extension? We are also Potomac and filed in April so I’d like to see if our timelines are similar. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, Rojoкрасный said:

Nice! Congratulations! By the way could when did you receive the 24 month extension? We are also Potomac and filed in April so I’d like to see if our timelines are similar. 

I want to ask the same thing. I went for stamp, got a 1 year stamp. Then right after that received a 24 month extension letter. I don't know how long I have to wait. I have been married for 5 years now..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

no  update for me personally, but I've been following other cases near my case# and looks like a decent amount got approved yesterday.. hope to see ours in the next week or two.

edit: mine's at the potomac YSC center

Edited by donsun

Timeline

cross posting this from the N-400 thread

And we are done!!! Yay!!

Yesterday we had the interview and they had an oath ceremony so we got it all done at one.

Timeline:

I-751 - applied April 2020

Biometrics - June 2021

Adit stamp - December 21 2021

Interview - Jan 31 2022 (Same time as N-400)

Notice that card is being produced and sent - 1 Feb 2022

N-400 - applied April 2021

Biometrics - June 2021

Interview - Jan 31 2022 (Charleston, SC)

Oath Ceremony - Jan 31st 2022

Passport appointment - 4 Feb 2022

Interview process:

Husband was called in first

Interviewer asked a number of questions, such as:

Did you serve in the military

Did you ever kill or hurt anyone

How did you meet your wife

What is your zipcode (He couldn't remember this but explained I run his life, the interview laughed and said so does his wife)

He had to write: We pay taxes

He had to read something

Questions: What is the highest court of the land?

Who becomes president if the president and vice president die?

What does the judicial branch do?

Then the interviewer called me in and asked me a number of questions about how we met, when did we start dating, where did my family live, where was I born. 

He never looked at any of the paperwork or photos I had prepared. He then stamped and approved the I-751 and the N-400. Luckily there was an oath ceremony that day and there was still space for him to join. 

Thank you all for your support and assistance over the last few years. This community has been a godsend! Good luck to you all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.