Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

Just now, Nico Botero said:

I called them and they said to send an email, how long did it take since you sent the email until they responded ?

I reached out to them on 05/23 which is exactly on 30th day after they received my case and they replied on June 3rd. Email I received came from USCIS-CaseStatus@dhs.gov so I am thinking this is not lockbox since I also submitted a non-delivery notice in parallel. 

Also my green card ends on 6/11 and when I called USCIS on 6/2 I mentioned this to the representative I spoke to. Again not sure if this helped or not. 

12 hours ago, bizmark03 said:

I sent the non delivery of notice service request on 6/7/2020 and only got an automated confirmation that the service request was received, but it does not show up on my case status yet and I see that its been assigned to an officer.

I also sent an email to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov on 6/7/2020, but never received any confirmation.

Anyone in the same boat?

How do you guys check your online request status? I sent my e-request on 06/05. But I have no idea how to check the status. I have my uscis account. That doesn’t help 

7 hours ago, Eva2018 said:

How do you guys check your online request status? I sent my e-request on 06/05. But I have no idea how to check the status. I have my uscis account. That doesn’t help 

(this account sign up is different from the one on myaccount.uscis.gov)

Then add your case number to the tracking and in the status, on the bottom left, you'll see the "Case History" which should give you information about the Service Request.

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05/06/2020    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/07/2020    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.

05/12/2020    - SMS notification received.  

06/12/2020    - Case updated to fingerprints taken.

06/29/2020    - NOA with 18 month extension received.

2 hours ago, bizmark03 said:

(this account sign up is different from the one on myaccount.uscis.gov)

Then add your case number to the tracking and in the status, on the bottom left, you'll see the "Case History" which should give you information about the Service Request.

Thank you so much! It worked ! 
my inquiry is assigned to an officer! 
good to know ☺️

I have still not received my NOA. Application was received April 24th at Phoenix Lockbox.

• I have spoken to multiple Tier 2 Officers - All they say is to email the lockbox email address.
  • One of the Tier 2 Officers created a Service Request. After a few days, it was closed with resolution noted as "Please contact Lockbox email address".
  • I have sent multiple emails to lockbox email address, and no response to any of them (not even an automated response). It has been 4 weeks since my first email to lockbox.
  • I created an Ombudsman request, and they recently sent me an update that they have put in a request with USCIS.

As you can see, I have literally tried everything. Last option will be Senator/Congressman, but I am giving it another week.

Hey Guys, 

How come everyone is getting different responses? 

I was gonna call the USCIS again today but then I finally received the answer to my inquiry request that I submitted on June 1. 

I have emailed the lockbox every day starting June 1st. So it's been 10 emails and no answer. 

But then i received this email from USCIS Case Status: 

'The status of this service request is:

You recently called to inform us that you have not received the receipt notice. A request has been made for a courtesy copy of the receipt notice to be mailed to you. You should receive the notice within 30 days. 

I noticed that some of you got different responses and no one had "you will receive yours within 30 days". well it's at least something and fingers crossed that i'll receive it soon, but still this is so frustrating!

Here is my timeline:

Sent documents to USCIS April 25

Case received May 1st, receipt number assigned (The online case status shows it was received on the 28th), card charged the same day

No NOA

Called on 29th of May, was told to email the lockbox. The rep didn't even tell me to submit the online inquiry.

June 1st- Submitted injury, it said they would reply by June 23rd, sent email to lockbox

Sent emails to lockbox for 10 days straight- no answer

June 10th- received an email about my injury stating the above.

3 hours ago, AB100 said:

I have still not received my NOA. Application was received April 24th at Phoenix Lockbox.

• I have spoken to multiple Tier 2 Officers - All they say is to email the lockbox email address.
  • One of the Tier 2 Officers created a Service Request. After a few days, it was closed with resolution noted as "Please contact Lockbox email address".
  • I have sent multiple emails to lockbox email address, and no response to any of them (not even an automated response). It has been 4 weeks since my first email to lockbox.
  • I created an Ombudsman request, and they recently sent me an update that they have put in a request with USCIS.

As you can see, I have literally tried everything. Last option will be Senator/Congressman, but I am giving it another week.

I’m at the same point as you. I’ve done all those too. An officer put in a request at lockbox and I’m waiting for a response same with the Ombudsman office. I think my advice is wait... when it comes to a week or two before your GC expires, go nuts with them. I saw some people got a NOA just before their GC was due to expire. I’m with you on this!! You’re not alone!! 

im waiting for June 17th so I can put in a new inquiry. That will be my last resort....

Edited by Sarah_k92

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

update about DL:

My DMV in Oregon actually called me and is trying their best to help. They stated that they need form I-797/A/B/C to renew the DL without an active GC. When I explained everything that was going on she spoke with her supervisor. They have decided to ask further up the chain and call me today to see if there is any other options. Is the I-797 the same as the NOA

37 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

update about DL:

My DMV in Oregon actually called me and is trying their best to help. They stated that they need form I-797/A/B/C to renew the DL without an active GC. When I explained everything that was going on she spoke with her supervisor. They have decided to ask further up the chain and call me today to see if there is any other options. Is the I-797 the same as the NOA

Yes that’s indeed. There are different levels when it comes onto Notice of Action aka (NOA) and that is classified as document I-797.

Update: well isn’t this an interesting turn in events... so what the actual F have we been doing?!?!

C5868AE5-33A8-478D-AED4-8D95392D223E.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Update: well isn’t this an interesting turn in events... so what the actual F have we been doing?!?!

Nothing surprising... nobody wants to take responsibility!

1 minute ago, AB100 said:

I received a similar email as well. Does not make sense. My Senator's Office has now opened a case with USCIS.

How did you go about doing that?! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
3 hours ago, JayDGODITRUST said:

Yes that’s indeed. There are different levels when it comes onto Notice of Action aka (NOA) and that is classified as document I-797.

OK great thats good to hear. 

UPDATE: the DMV just called me back, they said they went up as high as they could to find out information concerning options if USCIS does not provide the NOA or stamp in time and unfortunately those are our only options, however late last night the governer extended the forgiveness date for DL to October 1st (this is for Oregon). So that gives us almost 2 mths grace period after his license expires, hopefully by then we have the NOA or an appointment for the stamp. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.