Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Here is Oregon they only give my husband a 1 year drivers license with the restricted green card. In August it will be the 3rd time he has to get his drivers license. We are a little nervous because they always ask for his green card before proceeding, any idea on what we do when his green card is expired, we haven't got a receipt notice or a new green card and there is a chance that we haven't been able to make and appointment to get the stamp he needs??? He needs his drivers license for work. 

All so frustrating how many hoops we have to jump through

Kathy and Dane 

3 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Good luck! 
It’s funny because USCIS bounced me back to lockbox support so they should respond. I’ll be sooo mad if we get ignored!! 

Urgh, I'm so mad that you are all still waiting. I just don't understand why they can't resend them like they did with mine. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

1 minute ago, Daneandkathy said:

Here is Oregon they only give my husband a 1 year drivers license with the restricted green card. In August it will be the 3rd time he has to get his drivers license. We are a little nervous because they always ask for his green card before proceeding, any idea on what we do when his green card is expired, we haven't got a receipt notice or a new green card and there is a chance that we haven't been able to make and appointment to get the stamp he needs??? He needs his drivers license for work. 

All so frustrating how many hoops we have to jump through

Kathy and Dane 

This was my issue too. My DL expires in July and I needed that NOA action to get a new one. I got my NOA resent and now i'm good so I hope that they resend yours soon. One piece of advice I do have: Check to see if your state extended DL expiry's because of COVID-19. NC extended all DL expiry's by 5 months so I actually have until December to renew. One good thing that came from this. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Timeline
4 minutes ago, S*UK said:

This was my issue too. My DL expires in July and I needed that NOA action to get a new one. I got my NOA resent and now i'm good so I hope that they resend yours soon. One piece of advice I do have: Check to see if your state extended DL expiry's because of COVID-19. NC extended all DL expiry's by 5 months so I actually have until December to renew. One good thing that came from this. 

Thanks for the advice. I checked the website but it just says there is a grace period if the renewal falls within the emergency period. His expires in August so most likely won't be considered within that period. I am on hold with them now hoping to find out options ahead of time just in case. Will let you all know what i hear.... hold time is currently 27minutes..... lol 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Good luck! 
It’s funny because USCIS bounced me back to lockbox support so they should respond. I’ll be sooo mad if we get ignored!! 

This is the email i got back when I sent my request through the lockbox. 

hopefully  the E case enquiry will work just fine!

Thank you for contacting Lockbox Support,

Your inquiry has been received. We appreciate your patience as we respond to each request sent to us in the order in which they have been received. You should expect to receive a reply to your inquiry within the next 30 business days.

Email Responses

Lockbox Support can provide assistance with filing an application or petition at any of the three USCIS Lockbox locations inChicago, Dallas/Lewisville, or Phoenix. But once a filing has been forwarded to a USCIS center for processing, the Lockbox has no further role in the adjudication process, no role in issuing cards, travel documents, or visas, and no role in scheduling appointments or interviews.

If you have already received confirmation that your filing has been accepted and it is being processed at a USCIS center or if your inquiry is not related to an application or petition mailed to one the three USCIS Lockbox locations, you will not receive a response to your email, and you should refer instead to one of the more appropriate points of contact listed on the USCIS Contact Center and USCIS Tools web pages to request assistance.

Lockbox Support may be unable to provide assistance or respond:

If your question relates to…

Instead, to request assistance please…

An application or petition mailed directly to a USCIS service center or filed online

Refer to the USCIS Contact Center and to theUSCIS Tools web pages.

An application or petition that has already been forwarded by the Lockbox for processing to another USCIS office

A request to expedite a case that has already been accepted by the Lockbox...

A permanent resident card, EAD card, or travel document that has not beenreceived or contains incorrectinformation…

A request to schedule or change the date of an appointment or interview

A request for a reissued RFE notice,appointment notice, interview notice,approval notice, or denial notice…

A request to revise or change an addresslisted in USCIS records…

A request to withdraw a pending case…

A question about your eligibility to file

Lockbox Receipt Notices

If you mailed an application or petition to any of the three USCIS Lockbox locations, you should expect to receive a written notice through the mail within 30 days of the receipt of your filing at the Lockbox.

If your submission is accepted and you included Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, with your filing, you will also receive an emailed notice or text message with the receipt number for your filing after it has been reviewed and processed by the Lockbox.

General Questions, Filing Guidance

If you have general questions, you may find the information and guidance you need on the USCIS website or by exploring the information available on myUSCIS. Our website provides current forms, filing instructions and fee guidance at no charge.

More specific tips and guidance related to filing forms with the three Lockbox locations are also available on the USCIS website:Form Filing Tips, Lockbox Intake Processing Tip Sheet, and Additional Information on Filing a Fee Waiver.

Monitoring Your Case

After your filing has been accepted, you can follow the progress of your application or petition by visiting Case Status Online, and entering the receipt number for your case.  Or you can create an online USCIS account to track your case and receive automatic status updates by email or text message. Current processing times for forms being adjudicated at USCIS service centers and field offices are also reported on the USCIS web site.

The Lockbox Support Team

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Daneandkathy said:

Manoni, that is exactly what my automated response said.... hopefully they get back to us sometime 

Did you submit a case enquiry online as well,?I would advise you to do so.

Hello all small update about our case,

We sent our application >>April 20

Check Cashed and Text Alert with Case Number >> April 24  

Since then No NOA receipt. I sent email to lockbox 2 times no response or notification so far

I initiated inquiry from MyUscis account and got response yesterday that they will send NOA again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Damn guys... I filed in March and just was reading forums from other months... you guys (April and May filers) got it hard on you :( hopefully USCIS clear up all this mess as soon as possible. Also, it seems like they just started randomly approving some random cases. We have a guy who filed in end of March 2020 and already waiting for his renewed GC. Same happened in February Thread. Maybe one of you get lucky too 

45 minutes ago, greys26 said:

Since then No NOA receipt. I sent email to lockbox 2 times no response or notification so far

I initiated inquiry from MyUscis account and got response yesterday that they will send NOA again

Lucky!! I’m glad you got some sort of response. 👍🏽

Timeline
1 hour ago, greys26 said:

Glad you got a positive response, when did you submit online inquiry?

58 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Lucky!! I’m glad you got some sort of response. 👍🏽

Do you have a My USCIS Account? If you do, try sending in a request through there too? It might get seen by different people

K1 Visa

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

15 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Do you have a My USCIS Account? If you do, try sending in a request through there too? It might get seen by different people

I have an account... where do I go about doing that? I called customer service and got transferred to Tier two officer. I’m waiting for a call back from them. But I’ll still want to put a request in. 

Update:

Spoke to a Tier 2 officer. He admitted their was no letter sent. He said he could refer me to lockbox support for a copy Of my NOA but said it would take forever. He asked me to call back June 4th as offices will be opening and I will be scheduled to go into an office to get a stamp in my passport. 😭 This is a positive but also still all very stressful. Not the response I wanted but I guess it’s something. 

Edited by Sarah_k92

Timeline
21 hours ago, manoni said:

Did you submit a case enquiry online as well,?I would advise you to do so.

Yes I did. I submitted it and when I tried to do it again a few days later it said it already had been submitted and I had to wait 30 days before doing it again. 

An interesting development though: on the general check status it says case received on April 22nd. But now on the myUSCIS account it says it was received April 27th, not sure why that one is suddenly different (it said April 22nd yesterday). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.