bolero_pa

Does the beneficiary really need to wait for a letter with instructions from the US Embassy?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’ve read through many posts. From my understanding there is no need to wait for a letter from the embassy before scheduling an interview if you already have your MNL case number. We already completed the DS-160, paid the visa fees at BPI, and our status on the website says “ready”. 

But now when we call the embassy to schedule an appointment they say that we have to wait for the letter with instructions.I don’t want to keep delaying. Other posts I’ve read they say the letter may never arrive and not to wait for it.  

Thanks fir any insight. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, bolero_pa said:

I’ve read through many posts. From my understanding there is no need to wait for a letter from the embassy before scheduling an interview if you already have your MNL case number. We already completed the DS-160, paid the visa fees at BPI, and our status on the website says “ready”. 

But now when we call the embassy to schedule an appointment they say that we have to wait for the letter with instructions.I don’t want to keep delaying. Other posts I’ve read they say the letter may never arrive and not to wait for it.  

Thanks fir any insight. 

You can go back to the website for the DS-160 and press continue to make the appointment there. You enter the receipt number from the BPI slip, and then pick the the date and time of the interview.

Edited by JonSeattle
typo

Timeline
23 minutes ago, JonSeattle said:

You can go back to the website for the DS-160 and press continue to make the appointment there. You enter the receipt number from the BPI slip, and then pick the the date and time of the interview.

Edited by bolero_pa
Mistake

Timeline

Thanks. This process is frustrating. 

Anyway I figured it out and was able to schedule the interview. Basically there’s no need to wait for the letter. Once you have your information you can proceed. If you call the interview phone number, they will have a different story. They request that you wait for this letter. I don’t know why there’s such a huge disconnect between the process that works as detailed by visa journey and the various posts you read and the people answering the phones. 

Also, when you’re entering the data into the interview appointment page, you may have to try and try again entering the payment receipt numbers. I was using a copy paste and one time it didn’t work and the next time it did. That website is very unstable

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you read the Disclaimer Notice  before you start to schedule your interview, it states to NOT schedule your interview until your receive instructions.

Disclaimer Notice

If you meet any of the following conditions, do not schedule an immigrant visa interview appointment:

• You have been interviewed and informed by a consular officer that you are ineligible to receive an immigrant or a K visa.
  • You are the principal beneficiary and have failed to reschedule your visa interview appointment within a year from the original appointment date.
  • You are the principal beneficiary and have failed to contact or communicate with the Embassy for more than a year from the time you were informed that your case is ready for final processing.
  • You are a K2 derivative applicant and have failed to apply for a visa within a year from the time of the principal beneficiary’s visa issuance.
  • Your case is not current for processing based on the current cut-off dates. This includes retrogressed cases.
  • Your case is still with the National Visa Center (NVC).
  • You have not received instructions from the Embassy or NVC that you may schedule an interview.
  • Aged-out FTJ children applying for the first time under CSPA.
  • FTJ cases (spouse or children) whose principal applicant adjusted status in the U.S.
  • If you wish to apply for Returning Resident status.
  • If you are an SB1 visa applicant without a case number.

For sure check CEAC status that it shows READY before scheduling your interview.

Guide to the visa process   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.