JoeMama

Caught on Surveillance Tape in L.A.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How pathetic is that someone could do this to someone for no reason? :angry:

LOS ANGELES — A mentally disabled man was beaten to death with a baseball bat on May 29, and the attack was captured by a surveillance camera in Los Angeles.

On Tuesday, May 29, 2007, around 8:45 p.m., James McKinney, 41, of Los Angeles, walked to a store from his home, a board and care facility for the mentally challenged. As he neared the corner of Wilton Place and Olympic Boulevard, a male assailant approached him from behind and violently struck the back of his head with an aluminum baseball bat. The suspect then fled on foot. McKinney, hemorrhaging, fell to the ground. An unidentified passerby called 911.

McKinney was rushed by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics to Cedars Sinai Hospital, where he died from severe head injuries on June 3rd.

Police describe the suspect as Hispanic, between the ages of 16 and 20 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and approximately 175 pounds. In the surveillance tape, he was bald, wearing black shorts, a dark T-shirt and white tennis shoes.

"We hope that someone can identify the person who committed this horrific crime and will call police with information on his whereabouts," said LAPD spokesperson Officer April Harding.

Investigators are still evaluating evidence and interviewing witnesses, although no motive has been determined.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
How pathetic is that someone could do this to someone for no reason? :angry:

LOS ANGELES — A mentally disabled man was beaten to death with a baseball bat on May 29, and the attack was captured by a surveillance camera in Los Angeles.

On Tuesday, May 29, 2007, around 8:45 p.m., James McKinney, 41, of Los Angeles, walked to a store from his home, a board and care facility for the mentally challenged. As he neared the corner of Wilton Place and Olympic Boulevard, a male assailant approached him from behind and violently struck the back of his head with an aluminum baseball bat. The suspect then fled on foot. McKinney, hemorrhaging, fell to the ground. An unidentified passerby called 911.

McKinney was rushed by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics to Cedars Sinai Hospital, where he died from severe head injuries on June 3rd.

Police describe the suspect as Hispanic, between the ages of 16 and 20 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and approximately 175 pounds. In the surveillance tape, he was bald, wearing black shorts, a dark T-shirt and white tennis shoes.

"We hope that someone can identify the person who committed this horrific crime and will call police with information on his whereabouts," said LAPD spokesperson Officer April Harding.

Investigators are still evaluating evidence and interviewing witnesses, although no motive has been determined.

The witness followed the guy to his home and called the cops and they arrested him. That was one sick pup.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
The witness followed the guy to his home and called the cops and they arrested him. That was one sick pup.

Good! I didn't know they had caught him. I was at the gym and this was all over the news. That bastardo! Maybe in jail they'll use the baseball bat, stick it up his a-hole, and turn him into a popsicle! :thumbs:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

well it is la after all........ :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Charles, sometimes you make me want to hit you over the head with an aluminum bat.

But seriously, you and Nessa should take a vacation over here and I'll show you the town...it's pretty big.

hyzNVvKCzTo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Charles, sometimes you make me want to hit you over the head with an aluminum bat.

thanks for proving my point :D

But seriously, you and Nessa should take a vacation over here and I'll show you the town...it's pretty big.

hyzNVvKCzTo

i dislike populations larger than 30k. plus i lived in frankfurt am main, that's quite large ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

hyzNVvKCzTo

come to Houston ... it's closer :thumbs:

Timeline
thanks for proving my point :D

That video footage is from Hollywood...as in a movie...not real. :) My point is that your perception of LA has been largely exaggerated by television and movies. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I hope that POS gets what he deserves...too bad it's not a baseball bat to the head. :angry:

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
come to Houston ... it's closer :thumbs:

Closer to what? Hell? The town has become the new granola city...chocked full of fruits, nuts, and flakes. It's L.A.'s little brother.

But seriously...it is like I stated in the flaming cat thread..."It really makes one wonder if people that do these things wake up in the morning with laid out plans or if it is just a spur of the moment brain fart of a demented imbecile."

Why did this guy do it? Did he even know this guy he murdered? Or was it just random stupidness for sick entertainment?

There's more to this story.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995