HabibAliShah

Case changed from Administrative Processing to Refuse

16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Greetings from the core of my heart.

My uncle in the U.S filed a petition for family members to immigrate to the U.S.

Our family gave an interview on 12th April 2018. Only my parents and my name were in the interview letter because I was 20 years old at that time. During the interview, we were told that my elder two brothers are also eligible and could travel with us and sent me instructions through email on how to set up expedite visa case. And also sent me a second email stating additional questionnaire for my father. My brother had their medical and separate interviews on 7th and 8th of May. Since then our case has been in A.P. In October I check my case status and it said expiring soon. I emailed them and it got to A.P again. Then we received an email stating that we need to resubmit our medical and had our interview at the Embassy on 12th December 2019. The counselor officer issued us the visa which was going to expire on 25th January becuase Principal Applicant passport was expiring on 15th March 2020, but it was not possible for us to make travel arrangements upto that date so we were told to renew the passport to have an extended visa date up to 7th April which we did back on 18th December. Still case was in A.P.On 6th March 2020 i checked my status and now it says refused. Our documents are complete 100%.

20200308_124725.png

This is normal. Read the full message on CEAC. You are still in AP. This week they changed the wording from “administrative processing” to

“refused” for everyone in AP. It’s completely normal. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 minutes ago, Lao said:

Last interview Feb.27, 2020 eveeything went well, no 221g, no docs required.  Feb.28 updated to AP, March 3 refused then today March 9 updated to ready. We have not received any email or letter from the embassy, I hope it would be issued soon.

What do you mean by when u say  ready I thought the ceac site says ready when you are about to do an interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.