Jen27062019

SYDNEY VISA INTERVIEW

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask if you know a similar case with: a Filipino citizen, studying or working in Australia and was interviewed in Sydney. 

I studied my Masters here in Australia and currently working, and my visa will expire this year.

I met my  fiance through his cousin who was my colleague when I was still in the Philippines, but we only message and Facetime then to communicate. We met in person on the 4th year of our relationship when I went to the U.S. and then he went to the Philippines with me to meet my family and during that visit, the proposal happened. 

I just want to know what what may be the possible questions for me for my visa interview since I am currently residing in a foreign country.

Thank you very much for all  your help. :) Really appreciate it. :) 

8 hours ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask if you know a similar case with: a Filipino citizen, studying or working in Australia and was interviewed in Sydney......

The questions are not about you being in Australia, they will be on your relationship. This is where you need to put your emphasis on. Here is a list of questions that I put up in an earlier post. If you have questions about interviewing in Australia I would recommend that you join the sub-forum for that regions. Link is below.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/671339-may-2018-k1-filers/page/25/

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
22 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The questions are not about you being in Australia, they will be on your relationship. This is where you need to put your emphasis on. Here is a list of questions that I put up in an earlier post. If you have questions about interviewing in Australia I would recommend that you join the sub-forum for that regions. Link is below.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/671339-may-2018-k1-filers/page/25/

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

Thank you very much! All the information that you provide are really helpful :)

Sorry but I have more questions :) :) :) 

1.  I'm trying to fill out my DS160 and my address is not different from the address that I have provided in the I29F application, what address should I use and if I use the new address, will it not cause any inconsistencies?

2. I have already applied my police clearances and have included them in the I29F application, they are valid until July of this year, should they be fine to use for the interview or should I get new ones?

Thank you very much! :) 

1 hour ago, Jen27062019 said:

Thank you very much! All the information that you provide are really helpful :)

Sorry but I have more questions :) :) :) 

1.  I'm trying to fill out my DS160 and my address is not different from the address that I have provided in the I29F application, what address should I use and if I use the new address, will it not cause any inconsistencies?

2. I have already applied my police clearances and have included them in the I29F application, they are valid until July of this year, should they be fine to use for the interview or should I get new ones?

Thank you very much! :) 

Q1 - If you have a new address use it in the completion of the DS-160. Also, register with USCIS.

Q2. Here is what your P3 letter says about the validity of PC

Australian police certificate:
You must apply for an Australian Federal Police Certificate (AFP). Australian police certificates are valid for 12 months from date of issuance. Your certificate can be based on a name check or fingerprint check.
If it's based on a name check, it must contain all aliases previously and presently used. Failure to provide a name check certificate with all aliases may result in the consular officer refusing your application for a police certificate based on a fingerprint check.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 3/8/2020 at 11:59 PM, Greenbaum said:

Q1 - If you have a new address use it in the completion of the DS-160. Also, register with USCIS.

Q2. Here is what your P3 letter says about the validity of PC

Australian police certificate:
You must apply for an Australian Federal Police Certificate (AFP). Australian police certificates are valid for 12 months from date of issuance. Your certificate can be based on a name check or fingerprint check.
If it's based on a name check, it must contain all aliases previously and presently used. Failure to provide a name check certificate with all aliases may result in the consular officer refusing your application for a police certificate based on a fingerprint check.

Hi, thanks again.

My fiance received an email from the Sydney Consulate. I have an existing US tourist visa so I already have an account with the USTRAVELDOCS. I am a bit confused on some of the queries. 

1. is this an immigrant application?

2. Should I update my profile first?

3. Do you have a guide for the visa application for those with existing US tourist visa?

Thank you so much! :) 

1 hour ago, Jen27062019 said:

Hi, thanks again.

My fiance received an email from the Sydney Consulate. I have an existing US tourist visa so I already have an account with the USTRAVELDOCS. I am a bit confused on some of the queries. 

1. is this an immigrant application?

2. Should I update my profile first?

3. Do you have a guide for the visa application for those with existing US tourist visa?

Thank you so much! :) 

1. Non-immigrant https://ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-typeall.asp

2. Yes

3. There isn't such a guide. Use the P3 letter that comes from the embassy once your file is at the embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

1. Non-immigrant https://ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-typeall.asp

2. Yes

3. There isn't such a guide. Use the P3 letter that comes from the embassy once your file is at the embassy.

Should I click New application/schedule an appointment through my account then non-immigrant then B1/B2?

or should I apply outside this account? Sorry, a bit confused now. I haven't received a P3, my fiance received this email:

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition. 

Your fiancée will need to create a profile via USTravelDocs, please ensure that they complete the delivery address details in the profile to ensure that documents will be returned to the correct address. After your fiancée’s profile has been created, please then email our office providing the following information:

1. Name:
  2. Case number (begins with SYD):
  3. Email address:
  4. Online Nonimmigrant Visa application (DS-160😞

o   DS-160 confirmation number

o   You MUST select SYDNEY as your place of interview

1. MRV Fee receipt for K Visa applicants (USD265.00):

An interview will not be scheduled until we see that this fee has been paid. You may pay the fee;

• Online payment with a credit card

Via your USTravelDocs profile 

You will be required to scan and email a copy of the receipt with the above documents.

Note: you will also need to bring the original receipt to your interview. There is no other way to verify this payment other than the original receipt.

Once we have received this information, we will proceed to schedule your visa interview.

@Jen27062019 See my answer in your other post.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.